Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Should We Have Signed Sam Baldock?

Ages ago when I heard from a friend we were signing someone from MK Dons I said I hope it''s Baldock, and we got Aaron Wilbraham. Should we have signed Baldock?

I wish we had.

He certainly played well on Tuesday night and was a constant threat. I couldn''t prevent myself making a direct comparison between Baldock and our Jackson.

Both small central forwards with a lot of pace

Baldock was faster, more incisive, stronger with better control and first touch, and rarely lost the ball. Usually there was an end product...

He is now going to play in the Championship - based on one game I think he will be a great success

I''m sure you all remember the dark days of the Roeder regime and the MK Dons Cup match three years ago when we played away and lost 0-1. Sam Baldock played that evening, scored the only goal of the game and looked very a lively player.

Should we have signed him?

No we''ve got six strikers on our books

- four of them won us promotion and deserve a chance

- the other two new signings are more exciting than Baldock.

We can''t pine after every striker who hits form throughout the season. Lets back what we have.    

so much for mk dons fans singing the other night "hes one of our own ... hes one of our own ... oh sammy baldock .. hes one of our own !!!! he did look very good but think you will find west ham have paid big money . pity we couldnt have got him on cash + they could have had wheelie bin back !!!!!! as a deal . OTBC