Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Ayala Injury

I don''t think Lambert will give anything away publically on Ayala or team news in general until the last minute - important to keep the opposition guessing.

[quote user="Alex "]I don''t think Lambert will give anything away publically on Ayala or team news in general until the last minute - important to keep the opposition guessing.[/quote]

I don''t think Chelsea will be fretting...

[quote user="Natural Yellow"][quote user="Alex "]I don''t think Lambert will give anything away publically on Ayala or team news in general until the last minute - important to keep the opposition guessing.[/quote]

I don''t think Chelsea will be fretting...[/quote]

Well then I guess Paul Lambert shares your view and thinks we might aswell give up already?. Have you watched both of Chelsea''s league matches this season - If you have, you''ll know it would be very arrogant of them to take us for granted, as they''ve hardly pulled up trees. So far, they''ve looked short of ideas and way off the pace of the likes of Man Utd/City - with any luck that''ll continue on Saturday.

OTBC

Yeah, official twitter. ''Injury blow - Daniel Ayala out for a couple of months with knee injury, Wes Hoolahan being monitored''What awful news for the lad! [:(]

SSN indicate 2 months, what a horrible blow for the lad after only just signing as well :( One positive is we have Whitbread back now. Really need to keep these lads fit now with only 3 center backs fit for the following 6 to 8 games.

All the best for the recovery.

That is very rough for him and us.

De Laet and Barnett I believe can form a good partnership so at least there may be no troubles on deciding on our back line for a while.

I thought Whitbread was our best defender against Stoke, not sure what Barnett has done to come straight back into the team after making a mistake which cost us 2 points - regardless of whether it was a penalty or not, or even an accidental clash, Barnett dallied on the ball and was punished.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I thought Whitbread was our best defender against Stoke, not sure what Barnett has done to come straight back into the team after making a mistake which cost us 2 points - regardless of whether it was a penalty or not, or even an accidental clash, Barnett dallied on the ball and was punished.[/quote]

I meant Wigan of course.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I thought Whitbread was our best defender against Stoke, not sure what Barnett has done to come straight back into the team after making a mistake which cost us 2 points - regardless of whether it was a penalty or not, or even an accidental clash, Barnett dallied on the ball and was punished.[/quote]

I meant Wigan of course.

[/quote]But against Wigan, De Laet made a mistake which cost us a goal, and shortly afterwards Whitbread also got caught in possession in his own half leading to a dangerous breakaway. Bit unfair to criticise Barnett but not the other two - any defender will make mistakes over the course of a season. We have three very good centre backs who are still adapting to the pace of the Premiership; I don''t think there''s a great deal between the three of them, they all have a great deal of quality IMO.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Do we know when Ward is due back?
[/quote]

I''ve heard from more than one person quite recently that he''s on sticks at the moment.

Hopefully that''s not the case because you''d have to guess that he''s got a while to go yet before he''s back.

Gutted, we''re really looking light at the back now... But we''ll get through it, bloody glad we''re out that cup...just hope we don''t get thrashed by Chelski now. Hope we perform well and get some confidence out of it!!! OTBC

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Natural Yellow"][quote user="Alex "]I don''t think Lambert will give anything away publically on Ayala or team news in general until the last minute - important to keep the opposition guessing.[/quote]

I don''t think Chelsea will be fretting...[/quote]

Well then I guess Paul Lambert shares your view and thinks we might aswell give up already?. Have you watched both of Chelsea''s league matches this season - If you have, you''ll know it would be very arrogant of them to take us for granted, as they''ve hardly pulled up trees. So far, they''ve looked short of ideas and way off the pace of the likes of Man Utd/City - with any luck that''ll continue on Saturday.

OTBC[/quote]

Would you like to offer an honest opinion at Saturday''s score Alex (I very much hope we do get a point or three from the game)

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Sad news thin on the ground again with central defenders[/quote]

For one game, then we have 4 central defenders to chose from....