Sign in to follow this  
BB

Offical starting 11

Our formation will be 532 with the team as

Ruddy

Naughton Barnett whitbread da Leat tierney

Johnson hoolahan crofts

C.Martin Holt

Don''t expect many believers but this is realiable. Like the formation gives up strength in defence and we can push our full backs forward and get in behind them on the break where west brom got to them.

I''m not, lincoln canary.

He''s a Championship player at best and as well as he did at the end of last season, he simply misses too many chances.

Morison and Holt up front for me. Think we can bring on Bennett if we need some pace.

I believe he is injured again or not fully fit but not 100% on team lineup but am about formation as they train we their shape on a Thursday :)

I believe he is injured or not fully fit not 100% on team but am on formation as they train their shape on a Thursday :)

So your saying thats the official starting line up, based on what they trained on Thursday?

How did you watch training on thursday?

i know a relative of a defender from the club and this is what he told me they train shape and formation on a thursday. He told me the team but im not 100% all players will be correct but the formation should.

can''t see it myself, especially not if we''re expecting to be up against 1 central striker. 

"I believe he is injured or not fully fit not 100% on team but am on formation as they train their shape on a Thursday :)"

I surmise that you''re

1) The new Chelski manager doing some serious scouting at Colney, but have forgotten your phrase book

2) Boris

and I claim my five pounds.

I, too, sometimes train my shape when I get bored.

hahah excellent love it. I did say i didnt expect many believers but we will see on sunday shall we ;)

"hahah excellent love it. I did say i didnt expect many believers but we will see on sunday shall we ;)"

Not Saturday, then? Hope your predictions are more accurate than your timetabling.

5 at the back? Lambert is probably thinking that another one will give away a pen and get sent off so he may as well start with 3 centre backs.

That''s foresight.

I dont agree with jackson - we may be missing his pace but he is too easily brushed off the ball. And his contribution on tuesday was not great either.

For me we will need the front players to hold the ball up, to help releive the pressure, that is something Jackson will not bring us. I dontthink there will be space for Jackson to exploit with his pace either.

If going 2 up top would go with holt & morison as preference, if SM unfit then Martin it is.

personally would like to see a 4-2-3-1 with johnson and fox in front of the back 4.

although i would be surprised if bb''s team selection is correct, i think the shape will be as he predicts.  Lambert played 5 at the back in a game last season at some point, the game escapes me, and i''m pretty sure it didn''t really work and was soon changed (half time i think?) as many have pointed on here lambert will pick a team for each game and you can''t blame him for starting with 5 at the back to begin with - game plan must surely be to get to 30 mins 0 - 0 and see what happens.  Also, don''t be surprised if we get to an hour at 0 - 0 that he tries to actaully win the game!!One last thing, for all you that seem to take exception to someone believing they have info relating to team selection (it''s as if some people don''t like the thought of someone knowing something they don''t!) i can confirm that a lot of people knew the team for the stoke game by saturday afternoon. i certainly did and like most people didn''t believe it!! So all i''m saying is.....it does happen, team selection can be leaked from within the club!

yep you''re def right.........couldn''t think of the game.  i remember they were pretty awful and in hindsight prob should have played a different more attacking shape.  but for chelsea away i think it could be the best way to go.  if it works and we''re still in the game after an hour then great, if it doesn''t and we''re forced to chase the game we''ll have players on the bench that are potential game changers.  whereas, go with a more attacking formation like the diamond from the start and concede early then the gameplan would more than likely have to stay the same.  could lead to a very long afternoon!

Do we even have 3 fully fit centre backs to play ??

They seem to be dropping like flies at the moment.... I think its more likely Lambert will go with 5 across the middle, johnson and Crofts to let Chelsea know we are no pushovers and Fox or Hoolahan to provide a creative spark.... with Bennett and Pilkington on the wings we can use their pace on the counter with Holt doing his usual superb holding the ball up job!!!

I''d be surprised if Lambert goes too defensive as we arent going to keep Chelsea at bay for 90 minutes .. attack is the best form of defense as they say!!! #otbc :)

We won''t start with 5 at the back, Lambert''s already stated he wants to give it a go... i''d say we''d have a similar lineup to the Stoke match and go 5 at the back with 20mins to go if its looks like we could get anything from it!

I dont see 5-3-2 as being specifically negative and can see how a 5-3-2 would enable us to give it a go;

It gives us security in midfield and a lack of space across the back while we are defending, which we will be  for long periods of the game,   just puts a huge onus on the full backs to bomb forward,  the front two to hold the ball up and the middle three to keep the ball.   As such a middle three of fox, johnson & hoolahan would make sense,  with hoolahan pushing forward fastest. 

[quote user="BB"]oh dear having a bit of a shocker i will be proved right[/quote]

some people are privvy to information about signings, formations and team selections.....I would suggest if you are told this information by a players family member or friend you keep it to yourself next time. You risk getting a player in trouble for the sake of looking "important" on a forum....grow up

Surman''s not involved at all today, Davitt''s just tweeted. Good move to be honest. Who will be on the bench for the left side, Lappin maybe?

We do indeed have 3 CB''s so looks like BB was right and we''re going 5 at the back. Chelsea have also made changes and playing the diamond with Drogba and Torres up front.