Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Chelsea v Norwich match chat thread

Afternoon all, no one started a match chat thread so thought id start it off.

Have to say im nervous as hell today, still hope the lads do their best, that''s all we can ask.

OTBC

Certainly is an unexpected lineup, and one that has looked pretty miserable when we''ve used it in the past, but crazier things have happened, you never know how it might pan out!

As long as we put in a strong performance and probably lose 2-0 or 3-1, and we leave the ground confident teams won''t totally turn us over this year, it will be a good day at the office. A point would just be unbelievable :P

So long as we don''t get absolutely thrashed by them i''ll be happy.

Playing with 3 centre backs is always tricky because each player needs to know exactly what they are doing. Otherwise you inadvertently give the opposition a one-man advantage by trying to have a covering defender all the time.Set pieces could be our best bet for scoring. Hopefully Holt can win a few corners and free kicks.

I feel quite disappointed because i just want this game over with because its scary, i''m just listening to the radio cacking my pants.

[quote user="G"]

I feel quite disappointed because i just want this game over with because its scary, i''m just listening to the radio cacking my pants.

[/quote]

Same here, very twitchy.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="G"]

[/quote]

Same here, very twitchy.

[/quote]

1-0 oh dear. Not going to enjoy this.

Looks like we''re playing to nervously just hitting it long.

This is all part of the plan. Sit back, give them a goal so they ease off. Then smash in two late goals in stoppage time. Ahem, I need a drink...

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]This is all part of the plan. Sit back, give them a goal so they ease off. Then smash in two late goals in stoppage time.

Ahem, I need a drink...

[/quote]

lol i''d LMAO if that happened

[quote user="Mervmeister"]As the old saying goes,'' best form of defense is attack''!![/quote]....unless you''re away from home, playing a Champions League team who understand how to construct an incisive counter-attack.

Does feel as if we are showing them too must respect and giving them too much time/freedom.

We succeeded last year through hard team work and closing players down,  have not heard we have done  that at all so far,  apart from by martin at holt up front.

Need to close down faster,  who should have closed Bosingwa down?  Tierny or Johnson?

Step up that effort city!

Five Live are annoying me. Pretty much all they''ve said so far is how many dominant Chelsea are and how many goals they''re going to score. Like that it''s any kind of surprise that Chelsea are going to monopolise possession.

oh.. as I write this, Holt should score...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Need to close down faster,  who should have closed Bosingwa down?  Tierny or Johnson?

[/quote]Pertinent question - Phil Thompson (Sky Sports) has just said the players are getting pulled all over the place and nobody seems to know what they''re supposed to be doing.  The system sounds like it''s foxing us more than them.Thompson now praising Hoolahan to the skies.