Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Proud to be a Canary Tonight

Unfortunately I couldn''t go Today, so had to do the next best thing and watch it down the local. We were equal to or even better than Chelsea for 80% of the game, and could have gone 2/3-1 up, with some great chances (if only Morison shot earlier...). Chelsea were made to look ordinary by us Today and if they had a little less luck, we could have taken atleast one point from Today. Drogba will have a bit of a headache in the morning!! Well played City, and play like that for most games this season, and we will win a few this year! On the ball City!

Its very easy to let the disapointment cause us to overlook a very good game for Norwich. By all acounts the scoreline didnt reflect what happened on the pitch and even a top side like Man U would struggle with 10 men there. But millions of positives to be taken from it. We are good enough for this league and we have proven we can compete against the best, its still only the 3 game of the season and if we can turn these great performances into the 3 points we have probably deserved from the last 2 games.On another positive note, its likely many of the team around us will go to Stamford Bridge and get thumped and have nothing to take away from it. We have lots of positives from this and Lambert will focus on them.Onwards to the West Brom game, WE ARE COMING FOR YOU BAGGIES!!!!

Pride won''t keep us up...I''m starting to draw comparisons to our last time in the top flight...a draw which should''ve been a win at Stoke (like v. Palace) and a loss away from home to a top club (much expected to be fair)

It was 15 games last time before we won our first game, this cannot happen again

Watched the game at Waterside Park, Corton and the lads were awsome imo. how come Torres wasn''t sent off way before the penalty?

Proud of them all.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Pride won''t keep us up...I''m starting to draw comparisons to our last time in the top flight...a draw which should''ve been a win at Stoke (like v. Palace) and a loss away from home to a top club (much expected to be fair)

It was 15 games last time before we won our first game, this cannot happen again[/quote]

Last time we would have left two strikers on when we went down to 10men in fact we probably wouldn''t have played two strikers with 11men. We really took the game to Chelsea I know we need points and not just pride but we were excellent in spells. Really proud of the team today and a little more luck on our side and it would have been a point or three as well.

OTBC

We cant afford to repeat last times unlucky but plucky tag; we started the season well last time too, but failed to score or keep clean sheets.

The signs are v encouraging and will this level of application am sure we will soon grab a win. But the strikers have to finish better, we have to compete for 90 mins and not give the opponents too much respect and we have to stop allowing our opponents to find themselves through on goals - its cost us three penalties so far and two red cards, rightly or wrongly. The common feature is that the opponents found themselves through on goal, all through our mistakes, and we gave them the opportunity to put pressure on the refs to make the wrong decisions.

This is an unforgiving league, which means we have to cut out the mistakes and clinically take our chances.

However the positives heavily outweight the negatives - and we should embrace and laud those.

So well played de laet, ruddy and hoolahan, all had very impressive games today.

Not sure if you can be proud if you didn''t see game!

But I totally agree - very proud, played excellent - didn''t get a thrashing, and even with 10 men we still gave it one hell of a go

WIN OR DIE is our motto

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]Not sure if you can be proud if you didn''t see game! But I totally agree - very proud, played excellent - didn''t get a thrashing, and even with 10 men we still gave it one hell of a go WIN OR DIE is our motto[/quote]

As I said, I didn''t manage to get tickets for the game, but I did see it at the pub!

Very proud to be a canary supporter tonight, excellent performance, but with three games already gone I can''t help but wonder how the hell we''re gonna reach 40points.

Chelmsford Canary wrote:

"Not sure if you can be proud if you didn''t see game! But I totally agree - very proud, played excellent - didn''t get a thrashing, and even with 10 men we still gave it one hell of a go WIN OR DIE is our motto"

Ryan wrote.

"As I said, I didn''t manage to get tickets for the game, but I did see it at the pub!"

@Chelmsford Canary. If you were fortunate enough to be at the game, lucky you, but not everyone is able to get to games, and although you can''t beat the atmosphere of being at the game you do actually see more watching it on tv + replays of incidents, which you don''t get at the game.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Pride won''t keep us up...I''m starting to draw comparisons to our last time in the top flight...a draw which should''ve been a win at Stoke (like v. Palace) and a loss away from home to a top club (much expected to be fair)

It was 15 games last time before we won our first game, this cannot happen again[/quote]

Paul Lambert is a very different manager to Worthy, and I know which one I''d prefer to have in charge this season.

It was a really gutsy performance, but I can''t agree we were unlucky. As Zipper says, we can''t keep letting pacy forwards run at our defence like that. Three pens and two reds in our first three games, although it should really only have been two pens and one red, tell the story. Can we tighten up defensively (and I don''t just mean the back four) while still posing an attacking threat.

We know these boys will run all day for PL, but it''s still going to be a really tough season - I''m sure most people won''t agree with me, but I saw the whole of the Wigan game, most of the Stoke game on a very dodgy stream and the second half of the Chelsea game and I thought we looked like plucky underdogs in a cup-tie in all of them. I''d still take 17th like a shot.

Rob N. Lim, I will agree that I will take 17th place like a shot.

Preferably by being in the hunt at the end of the season. Don''t think we could be ahead and stay up if we were there to be gun''d down to the bottom three.

But I don''t think we have looked like an underdog in a cup game. I do think however we haven''t looked like we are going to take control of the game.

This is a worry when the first few games we are an unknown quantity, altho I don''t think any of us know what team goes out so even we are surprised. But we do need to jump out of the blocks a little.

I expect a big performance and 3 points at carrow road against wba and points at the reebok. So with a little break between now and that game, I expect alot of homework and serious work work at colney to get those much needed and required points.

I certainly will concur that the longer we have to wait for that home and AWAY win the harder this job will be. We have seen it before at this club and those fans that think we can re-assess after 10 games are ridiculous - it''ll be a quarter thro the season.

We have held our own, but we have warranted the 3 points and that is a very different thing and we need it against wba.

@CanaryBird

I think its painfully obvious who we would all pick as the manager we want out of the two you have said.....

We can all be proud of norwich''s ''performance'' yesterday but it will be ''results'' that count at the end of the day

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]@CanaryBird

I think its painfully obvious who we would all pick as the manager we want out of the two you have said.....

We can all be proud of norwich''s ''performance'' yesterday but it will be ''results'' that count at the end of the day[/quote]No denying that but games like this are practically a case of just ticking them off as defeats as we go along and then hoping to pick up points against the sides in and around us. I was fully expecting to see us take a battering on Saturday, but the fact that we finished the game thinking we could have easily have taken something from the game can only be a positive thing and breed confidence to team that they can hold their own against the best teams even away from home.