Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds For FONCY With The Pink Un Pickers (PUPs)

Greetings PUPs and welcome to Rays Funds For FONCY 2011/12. We are starting this season on the weekend of September 10th.

As many of you already know we are having to sponsor the bet ourselves this season and to make this possible I have set up a paypal account on Canaryeddie@aol.com We need around £400 to run for the season, so if 40 PUPs could afford a tenner we’d be laughing.

Those of you I see in person will have no need to use paypal and if anyone wants to send a cheque you can email me at canaryeddie@aol.com  for my address.

All donations will remain anonymous as there is no requirement to make a donation in order to take part. The only requirement to be part of the PUPs is to post a selection on the weekly thread. However if somebody wanted to sponsor more than one week through a business or group I would certainly make this known on the threads during their weeks.

Hopefully Pete will give this thread a sticky for a week and I’d ask the PUPs to “sign in” so I know who’s still around so that I can put together a rota. Hopefully last season’s “Fab40” will make the picks.

There will be a few other differences which I will post later but the format of the PUPs threads will remain much the same.

For now I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, yes Norfolkchance1 £1298 for the Academy,so far.

Just sent a bunch of Free Bet money in. We will get 40 weeks worth in no time. Keep us updated as they come in so people know what we need. Should we go over 400 quid (which I expect we will) we can get creative as to how we want to bet. Looking forward to this.

Absolutely brilliant news I cant wait for everything to get going again, I''ll make sure I send some funds across as soon as possible. Good luck to everyone this season, and happy picking.

£10 sent to you via PayPal, Eddie.  You wouldn''t believe the number of illegal parking incidents I had to report to earn that commission [au][au][au], but it''s all in a good cause.  Best wishes to Billy Dixon.

It''s looking good so far. Thanks to all who have replied here, emailed and called me. I will update the total I receive weekly and also keep detailed records of all transactions.

What''s to be done with Tilly''s Taddy Meter[:^)]

[B][B][B][B][:O]

Great work, as ever, Eddie. just checking in, to let you know that I''m still around and will be as long as the Free Bet is - I''ve made so many good friends from this you wouldn''t believe it - including the late, great Ray who started it all off. We owe it to him to keep this going! You know where I am if you need any help.I''ll be sending some Paypal to you no worries.Keep up the good work.I don''t know the situation Billy is in, but whether it be Health or Business related I hope you''re ok mate - you''re as big a part of this as any of us are.

Just a note on the Paypal donations - if everyone who wants to pay by Paypal could click on the "personal" tab, and send the money as a gift - then Eddie will receive the full amout and not have to pay a fee to receive the cash like he would if you sent it via the normal Paypal way. Sorry if this is preaching to the Paypal savvy, but I thought there may be people who don''t know about this facility.

This is good news and thanks to Nutty and Leeds for all their hard work in making this happen. The Free Bet is one of the few reasons why I check on the message board these days and it''s wonderful to see that it will go on.

I''m keen to give this a go.  I get paid on Wednesday, so should be able to send you a donation.  Great news that we can keep this going.  Are you still going to be betting through Dixmar or are you gonna open an online account or go into another shop?  Best wishes to Billy and thanks to Nutty and Leeds for all their efforts.  Think i finished 17th or 18th last season, so that would be around January/February, i''ve been dying to have a go at this for years, fingers crossed i can eventually get myself on the sig...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Fantastic, thanks Eddie!

I''ll give you my donation next time I see you if that''s okay with you.
[/quote]

That''s fine Graham [Y]

[quote user="jed exodous"]I''m keen to give this a go.  I get paid on Wednesday, so should be able to send you a donation.  Great news that we can keep this going.  Are you still going to be betting through Dixmar or are you gonna open an online account or go into another shop?  Best wishes to Billy and thanks to Nutty and Leeds for all their efforts.  Think i finished 17th or 18th last season, so that would be around January/February, i''ve been dying to have a go at this for years, fingers crossed i can eventually get myself on the sig...[/quote]

Really pleased you''re back again Jed[Y]

Another of the changes is that the bets will be with Stan James with whom I have already opened an account. This means we won''t get "best price" for each match like we did with Billy but I think their prices are as good as any and better than some. Obviously the selections will have to be priced on the Stan James website for it to be considered.

You are definitely in the "Fab40" to pick this season. It doesn''t mean you will be in the 17th week though. If you''d like I''ll put you down for Week Two 17th September?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Another of the changes is that the bets will be with Stan James with whom I have already opened an account. This means we won''t get "best price" for each match like we did with Billy but I think their prices are as good as any and better than some. Obviously the selections will have to be priced on the Stan James website for it to be considered.

[/quote]

---

Well done on keeping the bet going, nutty. I''ll be glad to take part again. I did, though, just try to look at the Stan James football bet website and it said it wasn''t available to someone in my location. In other words, I take it, someone living aboard. This could cause a problem for exiles (and particularly those fond of obscure fixtures...[;)])

The solution, I guess, is to see if a Stan James price for a particular game is listed on one of those betting round-up sites in the PUPs library.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

---

Well done on keeping the bet going, nutty. I''ll be glad to take part again. I did, though, just try to look at the Stan James football bet website and it said it wasn''t available to someone in my location. In other words, I take it, someone living aboard. This could cause a problem for exiles (and particularly those fond of obscure fixtures...[;)])

The solution, I guess, is to see if a Stan James price for a particular game is listed on one of those betting round-up sites in the PUPs library.

[/quote]

Try our "old faithful" Oddschecker.com Purple. Can you get that and if so are Stan James prices listed on there?

Glad you are around[Y]

Your text is blue again[:''(] We are alergic to that and I''d hate you to become known as bluecanary[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

Try our "old faithful" Oddschecker.com Purple. Can you get that and if so are Stan James prices listed on there?

Glad you are around[Y]

Your text is blue again[:''(] We are alergic to that and I''d hate you to become known as bluecanary[;)]

[/quote]

Back to purple, nutty. Stan James is listed on oddschecker, but not quoted for every fixture. I suspect it will only be quoted for the more mainstream fixtures as opposed to those bizarre games I know you liked to se me pick![;)]

It may be my choices will have to be less exotic this time...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

Glad you are around[Y]

[/quote]

Back to purple, nutty. Stan James is listed on oddschecker, but not quoted for every fixture. I suspect it will only be quoted for the more mainstream fixtures as opposed to those bizarre games I know you liked to se me pick![;)]

It may be my choices will have to be less exotic this time...

[/quote]

Maybe some of the more bizarre purplepicks won''t be there, but if I remember rightly some of them were on very few lists. That is one of the changes that can''t be helped.

Would you be able to do the picks on week three 24th September?

Maybe some of the more bizarre purplepicks won''t be there, but if I remember rightly some of them were on very few lists. That is one of the changes that can''t be helped.

[/quote]

Sorry to be a pain, nutty, but weekends in September and indeed October are not good months for me in terms of being sure of easy computer access and/or having the time to give the bet the concentration it deserves. If I could make a few suggestions, the weekends of November 5/6, November 12/13, December 3/4 and December 17/18 look much more suitable for me before the end of the year, not to mention weekends in 2012.

[/quote]

Sorry to be a pain, nutty, but weekends in September and indeed October are not good months for me in terms of being sure of easy computer access and/or having the time to give the bet the concentration it deserves. If I could make a few suggestions, the weekends of November 5/6, November 12/13, December 3/4 and December 17/18 look much more suitable for me before the end of the year, not to mention weekends in 2012.

[/quote]

That''s fine Purple, I''ll put you down to provide the fireworks on weekend November 5th[<:o)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought most of your Bacchanalian orgies were earlier in the season, or has there been some fixture congestion?[;)][:D]

More than happy to help out.Really enjoyed my first season and trawling through 3rd division German fixtures.

Can you pm me the Paypal details as the link doesn''t work on my poxy computer[:S]  Cheers in advance. 

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought most of your Bacchanalian orgies were earlier in the season, or has there been some fixture congestion?[;)][:D]

[/quote]

---

True, Beau, the Bachanalian orgies[<:o)] tend to be a winter thing, the weather being cooler, but September is the "Teaching university freshers[A] how to party away[B][8][D][^] their student loans" month, and October is the "Placating parents[:@][8o|][li] whose university fresher darlings you''ve taught to party away their students loans" month.

Added to which I need to stage another of my courses on "Libel for beginners".[8-|] With the growth of this social media thingy I have been inundated with requests from people in football - fans, players, agents, directors and chief executives - for advice on how to be as defamatory as possible. The workshop on "Derailing a perfectly sensible thread on a football message-board with one well-placed word"  in particular needs updating with some recent examples on how and how not to do it.[:D][:P][;)][:D]

[quote user="jed exodous"]I''m keen to give this a go.  I get paid on Wednesday, so should be able to send you a donation.  Great news that we can keep this going.  Are you still going to be betting through Dixmar or are you gonna open an online account or go into another shop?  Best wishes to Billy and thanks to Nutty and Leeds for all their efforts.  Think i finished 17th or 18th last season, so that would be around January/February, i''ve been dying to have a go at this for years, fingers crossed i can eventually get myself on the sig...[/quote]

Really pleased you''re back again Jed[Y]

You are definitely in the "Fab40" to pick this season. It doesn''t mean you will be in the 17th week though. If you''d like I''ll put you down for Week Two 17th September?

[/quote]

No no, Nutty, i''m happy to wait my turn.  Also my early season accas have been nothing short of shocking so far, so i''m happy to be patient.  SJ are normally fairly good on the prices, but theres not that much difference between them.

Cheers

This is great news and I will be sending you my tenner via paypal this evening.

Just out of curiosity Nutty how much have we won each season?

Davo