Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

How did Torres not get sent off?

Cannot believe after already having a yellow card that the guy didnt get a second yellow for a blatant foul on Johnson!! If it had been the other way round it would have been a sending off!! this yet again just highlights the crap standard of refereeing not just in the Prem but in England!!! It is time these guys were hung out to dry for making such mistakes, unbelievable!!

Blatant foul to stop a City counter.Torres took one for the team and got away with it.Lenience from a ref that didn''t think twice about waving his red.Poor!

Who''d have thought it? Overpaid prima-donna playing at home for one of the big teams throws toys out of the pram because the tyre-fitter and his friends won''t stand aside and let him have a few gentle tap-ins. No surpises there then.     Torres, you great big flappy wizards-sleeve of a c*** you are so s*** you should be playing for 1p5wich.

How did Torres not get sent off?

He''s a big name player playing for a big, rich club at home against a relatively small club, it''s not rocket science.

typical big club / little club . i used to like torres at liverpool but now hes poo , 50m flop ha ha

I don''t want to sound like another fan of a "small club" having a whinge, but...If the first Torres foul which drew a yellow card had been Grant Holt on John Terry, we''d have had 8 Chelsea players round the ref, Drogba grabbing Holt round the throat, and no doyubt a straight red card for Holt.The second offence should have been a clear yellow card and again, if it had been any of our players on one of theirs, would have been.The "Respect" campaign is all well and good, but respect needs to be earned and I''ve yet to see a Premiership ref this season treat us fairly and equally.

It''ll be interesting to see which game this Ref gets next week, if Swarbricks''s ''off day'' last week is anything to go by.Better give Grimsby a call me thinks

We are generally too naive to the ways of the Premier League...Torres could have gone for his first challenge on Barnet, foot up into the groin area of the defender. Barnet clearly felt it and perhaps with a bit more savvy would have gone over and thrashed about a bit, a la Ian Harte last season when Holt ''fouled'' him, or as Drogba regularly does.

You need to understand that when Croft tackled Drogba from behind that was a yellow, however, when Torres tackled Johnson from behind that was just a free kick. These referees are afraid to send off a so called big star on his own ground. If they want to earn respect how about a bit of consistency.

These referees and assistants are supposed to be professional - what a joke!!

Yes that should have been a 2nd yellow for Torres yesterday!

I''m sure the ref subconsciously gave Torres the benefit of the doubt because of who Torres is cause hes a Chelsea player. Had it been a Norwich player in a similar scanario the 2nd yellow card would of came out!

And the ref proberly wanted to make things right for drogba so sent ruddy off instead of being abe to give 2 yellows to each

Come on lads, although Torres couldn''t have had too many complaints if it was given as a second yellow, it would''ve been a soft one. If one of our players had received a second yellow for an identical tackle, I bet a large number of people on this forum would be moaning about how it was a soft card and that a big team had a lucky decision go in their favour.

The same way that Naughton was lucky not to pick up at least two yellow cards yesterday.Get over it, it is going to happen plenty of times this season!

I thought the one the week before was worse when Shawcross ( who had already been booked ) went through Holt on the half way line. Its strange refs ( quite rightly ) try to keep 11 on the field, however when it comes to these one on ones they seem to get their reds out without even consulting. If the 4th official could have had a quick look at the replay I am sure he would have said yellow. There would have been no delay to the game. But under the current rules it is not allowed except of course when Ferguson / Dalglish are doing their nuts.

We need to learn fast. The top players take their opportunities to get touched and then fall over. However they do in a critical area and ensure there is contact. Holt in my opinion could learn from this and not keep going down on the half way line. Doing it constantly puts doubt in officials mind when a player is constantly on the deck ( human nature ).

Last thing the most sad thing I think is the inconsistency. We also saw on bbc a similar Ruddy - no red card. We have seen the Wigan shoulder barge now - regularly no freekick, certainly not a pen. If refs could be consistent ie the shoulder barge was always pen then no one would complain but it is mainly inconsistencies that cause the confusion and arguments 

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

I thought the one the week before was worse when Shawcross ( who had already been booked ) went through Holt on the half way line. Its strange refs ( quite rightly ) try to keep 11 on the field, however when it comes to these one on ones they seem to get their reds out without even consulting. If the 4th official could have had a quick look at the replay I am sure he would have said yellow. There would have been no delay to the game. But under the current rules it is not allowed except of course when Ferguson / Dalglish are doing their nuts.

We need to learn fast. The top players take their opportunities to get touched and then fall over. However they do in a critical area and ensure there is contact. Holt in my opinion could learn from this and not keep going down on the half way line. Doing it constantly puts doubt in officials mind when a player is constantly on the deck ( human nature ).

Last thing the most sad thing I think is the inconsistency. We also saw on bbc a similar Ruddy - no red card. We have seen the Wigan shoulder barge now - regularly no freekick, certainly not a pen. If refs could be consistent ie the shoulder barge was always pen then no one would complain but it is mainly inconsistencies that cause the confusion and arguments 

[/quote]

So in short our team have got to learn how to turn in some Osacr preformancies when they get fouled, Drag the leg in the box in front of thier keeper Yes I''m saying LEARN TO CHEAT 

We are gonna have to get used to it. In the Premiership the ref''s always favour the bigger teams against the smaller ones, I''m not saying that they cheat but it does tend to happen. This season they also seem to be very keen to get the red card out against our players.