Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Becoming a great success

Many posters expressed doubt about the signing of Bradley Johnson, influenced by criticisms expressed by some disgruntled Leeds fans.

"Can''t pass", "only a journeyman", "OK on a free to become a squad player." I must admit I myself was led to believe that he was a crunching tackler like Crofts, but without the latter''s skills.

But in the last two games he has revealed a good passing game, and with a little more accuracy in shooting could become a really useful addition to the team. Posters were even thinking of MOM status.

It seems that he is challenging Crofts and Fox in the midfield, and so far has proved up to the tasks given.

Another good signing by PL!

[quote user="Salopian"]Many posters expressed doubt about the signing of Bradley Johnson, influenced by criticisms expressed by some disgruntled Leeds fans. "Can''t pass", "only a journeyman", "OK on a free to become a squad player." I must admit I myself was led to believe that he was a crunching tackler like Crofts, but without the latter''s skills. But in the last two games he has revealed a good passing game, and with a little more accuracy in shooting could become a really useful addition to the team. Posters were even thinking of MOM status. It seems that he is challenging Crofts and Fox in the midfield, and so far has proved up to the tasks given. Another good signing by PL![/quote]....probably MOM against chelski, though he faded a bit in the last 20 mins, but on what i have witnessed so far, another great bit of Lambert business.

I was one of the biggest doubters, mainly based upon his number of bookings,but I kept on open mind and Saturday did a lot to win me over. Long may it continue.

for me de laet and johnson are the first two names on the team sheet.

johnson is so composed on the ball, can pick a pass, is strong, imposing and when facing his goal with the ball he does not panic.

Been very impressed with his drive and determination.

Def. keeping Fox out of the team, Crofts and Johnson are looking pretty solid and capable with creative players around them.

Yup - I was a skeptic and he has made mistakes and left gaps,  but he has really impressed so far, being far better on the ball than my memories from his leeds days.  

Wonder if it''s a coincidence that he has left Leeds and they have had a very bad start to the season? They are so bad that they even lost at Ipswich!! :)