Sign in to follow this  
MAJESTIC

cody to sign for mk dons

according to this

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2011/08/29/coventry-city-miss-out-on-second-striker-target-92746-29322752/?

Makes sense for MK Dons. They have got around £2 million in the bank from selling Baldock. If they sign Cody for about £400k which is a very fair price for a player in the last year of his deal, they would have a lot of money in league 1 terms to kick on and strengthen in January. Would they take Wilbraham as well!

They signed Charlie MacDonald as a replacement for Baldock from Brentford last Friday who scored the winner against Stevenage on Saturday. Another C. MacDonald perhaps or just a coincidence?

why keep hold of him when he can play at his best and further his career at a more suitable club.

[quote user="paul moy"]I''ll never understand why we want rid of him. Simply crazy IMO.[/quote]

I would guess the decision making process went something like this.

Can we make a profit on him.

Can the money we make from him bring in better quality players in areas of conern ie. defence.

Does he fit in with the intended style of play that will ensure the teams survival.

Can he defend as well as he can attack.

Is he proven at the higher level.

Is he injury prone.

Are his wages excessive.

Is he a team player.

Is he bright and hungry.

He ticks some of the boxes but Lambert is looking at the wider picture. Thats why he''s gone and good luck to him. We gave him a chance and he will be a success for MK Dons of that i am sure.

H.

[quote user="paul moy"]I''ll never understand why we want rid of him. Simply crazy IMO.[/quote]

You can always follow him for MK Paul.  Your opinion of his value to us is different from PLs, rightly or wrongly.  My view is its a good move for everyone concerned right now and I hope he does become a raging success there.

[quote user="paul moy"]I''ll never understand why we want rid of him. Simply crazy IMO.[/quote]because we have 6 strikers deemed to be better than him by someone who is far more in the know then you or I.

[quote user="MAJESTIC"]agree good move for every one involved[/quote]

Especially for me as I''m sick to death of a new CM thread starting every day - the sooner he goes (for good) the better.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Especially for me as I''m sick to death of a new CM thread starting every day - the sooner he goes (for good) the better.

[/quote]

Dont count on the posts stopping just becuase he''s left.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]

Dont count on the posts stopping just becuase he''s left.

[/quote]I think they will....... Won''t they?

Oh no Jay, they are sure to carry on by people who are so thick they think if he''s scoring goals at League 1 level he would be doing it in our team...

Cody will be gone but not forgotten

quote user  "@jayncfc"
I think they will....... Won''t they?

@@jay  I have no doubt we will have a least a weekly update from Paul on Codys career progress

[quote user="Jacko"]Makes sense for MK Dons. They have got around £2 million in the bank from selling Baldock. If they sign Cody for about £400k which is a very fair price for a player in the last year of his deal, they would have a lot of money in league 1 terms to kick on and strengthen in January. Would they take Wilbraham as well![/quote]

According to Sky Sports News, Bletchley (MK) Dons picked up £2.75m for Baldock