Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Can we now stop with the "Grant Holt isn't good enough for the Premiership"

Should have scored his first chance, but MANY players would have not even made that run - superb movement, which he continued throughout.

Fantastic goal. Great finish for a chance that was much harder than it appeared, as he also had to beat Terry.

Never doubted him. Never will. He will be fine, as will we.

Best performance of the season so far, hard working scored and got in good positions and should really have had a hat trick

I remember back in the days of League 1, there was a large thread all about whether he''d cut it in the championship, and I wrote on there that he is Premiership quality, and that I''d be surprised if he never gets a chance (and takes it) in the top flight. Banana and Brendo laughed at me saying that I was being stupid and that he probably wouldn''t be very prolific in the Championship, let alone the PL. Today proved to me that Holt is going to be crucial to our team this year, and he can really make that difference of what league we''ll be in next year. Not only did he take his goal (despite comical defending) extremely well, lobbing it into the net with his back turned, he was also chasing down loose balls, putting Ivanovic and Terry under a hell of a lot of pressure, and on their ar$e$! He brings others into play, and his effort is top, top class. He made 2 supposedly world class defenders look poor Today and Torres and Drogba looked average compared to our Grant.

I thought this thread would pop up!I don''t know that people doubt Holt will cut it as a player- I question how many he''ll be able to score and still do- was great today (although I felt Martin looked even better which was lovely to see) delighted to see him score and I hope he''ll go on prove me wrong over the season.

His leadership on the pitch is crucial, too. The confidence he exudes seems to brush off on the rest of the team and we did not look intimidated by their hig prided prima donnas nor accepting of lousy ref decisions, getting in his face to let him know they were unacceptable, Oustanding leadership!

I always believed Holt was good enough, not just because he is good enough but because Premiership defenders are not some super human race they think they are, or hyped up to be.

In fact most of them are probably scared sh''tless of facing him and getting turned over by him, especially as he''s seen as an overweight 1st Div player - within their hyped up, super human circles!

As long as we can stop the Chris Martin is rubbish comments as well :)

(I have always rated Holt, my Grandad last season was going to have a bet on Holty not scoring more than 10, i thought he was way off the mark, and he was, he for some reason has an even more extreme view on a lack of goals from him this season, i don''t know how anyone can doubt Holt now to be honest)

I don''t get to see Norwich play live much but i was at the Chelsea game. (Chelsea East Stand).

It was very quiet - not much chanting or singing apart from at the beginning when they sung "chelsea chelsea" repeatedly. I could deifnitely hear the Norwich fans throughout the game, good work all in the away end.

At the beginning holty seemed to just stand offside waiting for something to happen but i did cheer when he almost put Terry in the advertising boards.

Overall he, like most of the side played exceptionally well and kept a good side on the back foot during large portions of the game away from home. I was very happy and i dont think 3-1 was a fair reflection of the game. I have absolute confidence norwich will be safe after watching them play. They just need to keep 10 players on the pitch!!!!

Personally I thought he had a much better game against Stoke where he bullied Woodgate and Shawcross and brought the likes of Bennett, Pilkington and Martin into the game more effectively. I didn''t think he was that great on Saturday although he took his goal very well indeed. A lot of posters are claiming that ''he gave John Terry a torrid time'' but aside from pushing Terry over early on (which was very funny buit didn''t actually do us a lot of good) their battle was fairly even with Ivanovic being by far the worst of the Chelsea defence.

It will undoutedly be an unpopular opinion but when Morison was introduced at around the sixty minute mark I would have withdrawn Holt rather than Hoolahan [:O]

[quote user="Lambert is god"]

"I have absolute confidence norwich will be safe after watching them play. They just need to keep 10 players on the pitch!!!!"

I''d be even happier with keeping all 11 on.

[/quote]

opps brain thinking faster than fingers. A combination between having 11 on the pitch or not going down to 10 is what i seem to have got confused about.

anyone who knocks him hasn''t got a clue IMO...the man is a legend.

Especially when you see today''s stat from OPTA Joe!

30/08/2011 12:07

14 - Norwich''s Grant Holt has both conceded & won the most fouls in the Premier League this season (14 - both). Strapping.

...and he had this records for the Championship last season.

I am of the opinion that the majority of our players are good enough for the Prem, providing they concentrate on the game and give the best they have on and off the pitch.However, no-one should be exempt from being dropped to the subs bench if their performances aren''t up to scratch.