Sign in to follow this  
Norma Stick

Henri Lansbury

Only made the bench again today.  With all their suspensions and injuries, with Wenger supposedly rating Henri, that is a surprise to me.  Especially when there is some coq called Coquelin on the pitch, and the game looks like its passing him by.

Come on Lambert, get Henri back.  Oh, and another central defender while you''re at it!

don''t read it then! muppet!

i agree. if he was getting regular prem football with us he would progress alot better than he is at the moment with lack of football at arsenal!

[quote user="Tdavies1011"]don''t read it then! muppet! i agree. if he was getting regular prem football with us he would progress alot better than he is at the moment with lack of football at arsenal![/quote]

Well who exactly would you drop from our midfield to accomodate Lansbury so we could give him " regular prem football" as you put it.

I dont think we need him. Our midfield played will yesterday, I liked lansbury but i don''t think he''s the type of player you''d want in your team when things turn bad.

Lansbury wasn''t even a regular starter for us last season so I doubt he''d give up being on the bench for Arsenal for being on the bench for us.No matter how bad Arsenal are playing he''ll still rather stay there I am sure.

[quote user="Tdavies1011"]don''t read it then! muppet!

i agree. if he was getting regular prem football with us he would progress alot better than he is at the moment with lack of football at arsenal![/quote]Yes, he does like to tell people what they can and cannot post about.

I agree with TIL. I loved Henri Lansbury while he was here, but now we have Johnson, Bennett and Pilkington in the midfield as well as Fox, Crofts and Wes, I wouldn''t take any of them out to accommodate Lansbury

Lansbury found himself on the bench in the Championship, and now that Lambert has added his own players to the midfield I really don''t see how he would fit in to our squad now...

[quote user="87canary"]I agree with TIL. I loved Henri Lansbury while he was here, but now we have Johnson, Bennett and Pilkington in the midfield as well as Fox, Crofts and Wes, I wouldn''t take any of them out to accommodate Lansbury[/quote]I think that he would get match time. He would be the natural understudy to Hoolahan at the tip of the diamond, and would be covering Bennett on the right to allow Lambert to play 4-4-2 with Pilkington on the other wing. From what I''ve seen of Pilkington so far, whilst early days, I personally don''t consider him as influential as Lansbury...... Pilkington missed the chance to play a dead simple ball to Holt against Chelsea which would have almost certainly have resulted in a City goal. Lansbury is a good player, and I think it would be Surman who would fall out of the reckoning to fit in Lansbury, especially if his performance against MK Dons is anything to go by...... he got made to look desperately lacking in every department.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Tdavies1011"]don''t read it then! muppet! i agree. if he was getting regular prem football with us he would progress alot better than he is at the moment with lack of football at arsenal![/quote]

Yes, he does like to tell people what they can and cannot post about.
[/quote]

Maybe you could outline how posting "oh goodo another Lansbury thread" is telling people what they can and cannot post.After all some peolpe post whatever they like on here whether it is factually correct or not as you well know Crafty.

I''d still have Lansbury, and as someone said he''d be good cover for Wes in a diamond formation. I will concede however that we don''t really need him right at this moment.

Probably best to leave him at Arsenal and let him realise that trying to break into their starting 11 is nigh on impossible. I still think he''d get more game time here, even if he did have to start a few games on the bench.

[quote user="87canary"]I agree with TIL. I loved Henri Lansbury while he was here, but now we have Johnson, Bennett and Pilkington in the midfield as well as Fox, Crofts and Wes, I wouldn''t take any of them out to accommodate Lansbury[/quote]

Snap, Lansbury will not fit in here now, No more than that other player Oh whats his Name, Oh yes Macdonald.   

Henri Lansbury is as much to do with us getting promotion as jackson''s goals.

Lansburys desire and last minute goals gave us important results.

I actually think he could fit in with our rotation system and also could fit in a 4-4-2 on the right side. We know coming through the middle is possible.

But we''ll see. We won''t get him after this window shuts. I think his value will increase and be out of our range.

So although you list those players, crofts could be replaced for a more attacking central midfielder in lansbury rather than wingers, pilks and bennett. So there is a place for him, personally don''t think fox will get past crofts or johnson in their form. I would have lansbury ahead of Fox.

But hey that is opinion and like I say I don''t expect him to come

Am I the only person that thinks that Lansbury is one of those players that is so good that you worry about fitting him in only after you buy him, if the price is right?  I think that Pilkington is going to be a great little player, I think that Hoolahan is simply class, and Bennett offers us something that we have needed for a long time. But they are our only attacking midfielders. With Lansbury having the ability to play on both the right and through the middle, he would easily get game time even if Bennett and Hoolahan don''t put a foot wrong all season. We don''t have any backup right winger, any back up left winger unless Surman counts, and no backup for Hoolahan. I can''t see how Crofts, Fox, or Johnson, should be brought into the equation at all, they are all completely different players. We will play different systems all year, personally I''d love to see us petrify a team with this formation:                                         RuddyMcNaughton     De Laet         Barnett         Tierney                          Crofts                Johnson                Bennett      Lansbury      Hoolahan                                      Holt And whilst we could in theory do that we Pilkington, and at a push Surman, on the left side, we wouldn''t really be able to do that at current if we get any one of Bennett, Hoolahan or Pilkington injured. There are no doubt other systems that we could play to make use of Lansbury too. Lot''s of people say that Lambert picks players to play his system, but I honestly think that he picks his system to fit his players. He was very limited coming into a club which had NO wingers whatsoever, asides from Whaley and Hoolahan who he didn''t like on the left wing. That''s why he had to go with the diamond. He now has the ability to play multiple systems, by virtue of the players that he has at his disposal. The more players you have the greater your options. It would only take a couple of injuries to see us severely limited in which system we can play. Especially if Bennett gets injured at any stage, that would rule out 4-4-2, unless we moved Pilks to the right and played Surman or Hoolahan on the left. From what we have seen of Surman this year he looks well out of form and isn''t really a left winger, Hoolahan is wasted out wide. If we intend to play with wingers this year then we need more players who can play out wide, Lansbury would be one possibility.

[quote user="smooth"]Henri Lansbury is as much to do with us getting promotion as jackson''s goals.

Lansburys desire and last minute goals gave us important results.

I actually think he could fit in with our rotation system and also could fit in a 4-4-2 on the right side. We know coming through the middle is possible.

But we''ll see. We won''t get him after this window shuts. I think his value will increase and be out of our range.

So although you list those players, crofts could be replaced for a more attacking central midfielder in lansbury rather than wingers, pilks and bennett. So there is a place for him, personally don''t think fox will get past crofts or johnson in their form. I would have lansbury ahead of Fox.

But hey that is opinion and like I say I don''t expect him to come[/quote]I agree with you, we haven''t got tonnes of attacking midfielders, we have more strikers than we do attacking mids.

Another attacking midfielder would be nice but probably not as desirable as another CB, after Whitbread joined Ayala and Ward on the casualty list.

There can''t be oodles of money left.

The priority for January may well be to get another goalkeeper if Ruddy gets injured over the next 4 months.

Would be a nice player to sign. Realistically though as others have said there cant be much cash left now. He is a player I would like to see come in next year if we survived the drop. Gives us even more depth in wide areas and in the hole where Wes plays.

Jacko this is the window to get lansbury. I honestly don''t think he will be available on a free next summer. He will be tied up at arsenal and performing well for their first team.

So if we are interested it is to act now, as we will not get him after this one.

Getting a defender in, I am not that keen on. We have plenty of cover who are out, for me russell martin can cover for one game which will take us to three weeks time. Where I would expect whitbread or wardy to be back good enough for the bench.

Goalkeeper, I agree with comments of letting steer remain on loan. For one game we could bring a youngster to the bench. If Ruddy was out for longer then yes we would make a move for someone.

But I do agree with le juge, lansbury can very much can fit into our midfield and hold down a starting place. He is the creativity that we need as I don''t think hoolahan can get on the ball enough like lansbury can.

[quote user="smooth"]Jacko this is the window to get lansbury. I honestly don''t think he will be available on a free next summer. He will be tied up at arsenal and performing well for their first team.  [/quote]

Really? I think Arsenal would have to be in a pretty sh*t state (worse than they are now) for that to happen.

He couldn''t nail down a starting spot with us last season and he doesn''t appear to be able to get in the Arsenal side at the moment despite how short they are of numbers.

I would think that a move to a club like Norwich is the best Henri could hope for at the moment. He looks a long way off a player who could hold down a place in a top half Prem side.

I think over the next few weeks he will impress in training, and he is part of the first team squad.

I believe if we don''t move now, he will be offered a new contract at arsenal.

Arsenal''s rebuilding is going to take a few transfer windows and Lansbury at the moment is in a first team that will be playing champions league football.

But I think if we can put a bid in which explains that we would build the midfield around him. May be enough to bring him in now. Otherwise he will be part of this Arsenal team and again I think Arsenal are not in a position to not offer him a new contract.

[quote user="smooth"]I think over the next few weeks he will impress in training, and he is part of the first team squad.[/quote]

Random comment of the day.

We are short of CBs at the moment but Tierney can also play CB and we have Drury for LB. However before the season started I thought we needed to sign a GK, as we only have 3 and here are some points I have to make about them:

Ruddy - Improved a lot over the past year and will be first choice for us this season, but is currently suspended for the next game

Rudd - Played a few games for us in our League 1 season in Forster''s suspension absence and a few cup games including one at Blackburn last season. Otherwise inexperienced though

Steer - I believe he might have made a first team appearance in one of our pre-season friendlies v a local club but again, inexperienced and is currently out on loan to Yeovil

In other words, I''m basically saying that for we need a GK more like Ruddy for back-up and I don''t feel that Rudd and Steer meet it. At least Steer''s out on loan though.

Personally can''t see Drury being risked at this level as I think his best days are well behind him. He has looked poor to me whenever I''ve seen him over the last year.

Of the existing squad, Russell Martin stands a better chance as CB, but really hope it would not come to that.

Unless there is a useful free agent out there, any new CB signing at this late stage might well end up a bit of a panic one so doubt whether Lambert would enter the market unless Ward is still a really long way off playing.

where have you heard the 1.8 million pound bid?

Certainly we should match that, if he went for 1.8 millino I would be disappointed considering we reportedly put a bid in earlier this summer

Am I the only one who''s not bothered if we don''t sign him?

I really don''t see what the fascination with him is. Yes, he was part of the squad that helped us achieve promotion. Yes, he chipped in with a couple of goals on the way. But I really don''t believe he is the world beater that so many people seem to think. He wouldn''t fit into the current formations we use or dislodge Hoolahan (who has been impressive in every match) so to spend a large amount of money seems pointless.