Sign in to follow this  
L4cole

Going going gone 'Cody'

[quote user="First Wizard"]Mugs...he won''t cut it at that level.[/quote]You mean you don''t want him to cut it! I reckon he would be a danger to a lot of teams in that league, there are worse strikers who have done alright in the Championship. He is better than Jamie Cureton was by the time he made it back to CR.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Mugs...he won''t cut it at that level.[/quote]

How, in his first season of football then did he manage to score at that level?

I honestly think he will Wiz,he''s got an eye for goal and given the chance i think he''ll do well,i wish him all the luck in the world and just hope we have a buy back clause because he''ll be one to watch in the future.

I reckon he will score 12, due to him playing in a poor team which has only scored 2 goals in 5 games. In a better team, I suspect he could score 15-18. You have to apply success relatively. There current strikers are Eastwood, Jutkiewitz, and Platt. None of those strikers are cutting it yet. If he outscores those three this season then I don''t see how Coventry can be considered "mugs" for signing him. He offers something very different to all three as well, and that''s pace! Jutkiewitz and Platt are big men, Eastwood is just a flop. Cody looks to be just what they need, somebody to play off a big man, an injection of pace up front.

If it wasn''t for Lambert''s almost perfect judgment for the past two seasons on everything concerning NCFC, I think a lot more people would question his decision to let Cody go. We shall see in the fullness of time if he''s right on this one. With his great record to date, I shall harbour no grudges if he''s proved to be wrong, though.

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Cody MacDonald is NOT good enough for the Premiership!A wise decision to let him go.[/quote]That is a completely different question though, and would yield a completely different set of answers. The question is whether he is good enough for Coventry. It is possible for me to categorically state that he isn''t good enough for the Premier League whilst unequivocally believing that he would be a good buy for a Coventry team with a lack of decent strikers.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I have a feeling we will be facing him next season![/quote]

I thought he was signing for Coventry City not Man City!

:}}}}

Well Peterborough have just signed a striker, Emile Sinclair, so looks like they are out of the running.

dn''t care just want the money, will cover most of ayala''s fee I presume.

As with our current players to leave this summer we have made no money it is good to see some money come our way.

[quote user="smooth"]dn''t care just want the money, will cover most of ayala''s fee I presume.

As with our current players to leave this summer we have made no money it is good to see some money come our way.[/quote]Luke Daley went for a fee, probably a very small one, but the transfer is recorded as an ''undisclosed fee''. Probably £50k or something! He scored his first goal for Plymouth last night.

Yorkshire Evening Post reckons Coventry have agreed a fee for Cody:

"Coventry City appear to be out of the running to sign Leeds United striker Billy Paynter - and are focusing their energies on bringing in fellow forward Cody McDonald from Norwich City instead.

City have agreed a fee with the Canaries for McDonald - believed to be between £400,000 and £500,000 - and the player is expected to undergo a medical this afternoon."

In fairness to the guy if he gets a 3 year contract and his wages are as good or better than here I would suggest that he has aceived more than most professional footballers. Lets not forget only a couple of years ago he was a scaffolder. Wether you love him or hate him I think you should give him credit for what he has acheived.

With the massive sell on clause rumoured to be part of any deal you should actually hope that he does really well as long as it is not at our expense. If this was not Lambert I suspect this board would be going mad now.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="smooth"]dn''t care just want the money, will cover most of ayala''s fee I presume.

As with our current players to leave this summer we have made no money it is good to see some money come our way.[/quote]Luke Daley went for a fee, probably a very small one, but the transfer is recorded as an ''undisclosed fee''. Probably £50k or something! He scored his first goal for Plymouth last night.

[/quote]...and what a goal that was!

1445: In-demand Norwich striker Cody McDonald, meanwhile, is thought to be having a medical at Coventry. Has been linked with Posh, MK Dons, Sheffield Wednesday, Swindon and even (by some) with a return to Gillingham.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]If it wasn''t for Lambert''s almost perfect judgment for the past two seasons on everything concerning NCFC, I think a lot more people would question his decision to let Cody go. We shall see in the fullness of time if he''s right on this one. With his great record to date, I shall harbour no grudges if he''s proved to be wrong, though.[/quote]

The way I look at it is: Lambert signs players who are young, hungry, determined, ambitious and got something to prove. Cody ticks most of the boxes apart from the ambitious one. Rather than reading reports from Cody saying "I want to return to Norwich a better player and fight for my place" there were reports saying he wanted to stay at Gillingham if a deal could be done- Hardly the ambition you''d expect from a 22 year old. I''m not saying he won''t turn out to be good player, because I think he''ll make a great career for himself, just not with Norwich!

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="smooth"]dn''t care just want the money, will cover most of ayala''s fee I presume.

As with our current players to leave this summer we have made no money it is good to see some money come our way.[/quote]Luke Daley went for a fee, probably a very small one, but the transfer is recorded as an ''undisclosed fee''. Probably £50k or something! He scored his first goal for Plymouth last night. [/quote]...and what a goal that was! [/quote]Haven''t seen it, though heard it was special. Good luck to him, probably his level. He never looked like scoring for us, but if he can make a living for himself then good for him.

Yellow Sub - Thats interesting what you''ve put there, makes me wonder if he was told a while back that norwich wasn''t for him.

Or, maybe, because of where he''s came from he would be happy to play League 2 and not have to work as a scaffolder, when he should be setting his sights higher.

If he does go all will be clear if he joins someone like Coventry stating it as a dream move for him.