Sign in to follow this  
Sky Blue

Cody McDonald

Hi guys,

Coventry City fan here.

Apparently we''re set to sign your lad Cody McDonald, although I won''t believe it until I see him wearing our shirt - given how much of a joke our current board is.

What kind of player is he? I hear he has pace? I''ll be glad if this is the case because we''re crying out for it up top.

Good luck this season. I think we all enjoyed seeing you pip Cardiff to 2nd spot last season, and with good football too.. Sometimes money can''t buy that.

He was never given a chance here, but he scored 25 last season with gillingham, very much like earnshaw but better imo! Very good potential! Bargain at 4/500k

I think a lot of fans will be disappointed that he wasnt given more of a chance at Norwich. He is a cracking little player with bags of pace and down to earth, a bit of a fans favorite. If we were still in Championship I would like to see him still in our team but he isnt quite Premier standard (Not that he was given the opportunity to be)

Good luck, you need some goals and he''ll help you out. You''ve still got a good player in Clingan so keep them two fit and you might do alright.

Hi Sky Blue,congratulations, you''ve just started the 10000th Cody thread ! Some posters here will tell you he''s the love child of Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney and should be in the England side on Friday. Others will say league1/ lower championship is his level and he will do well if given chances. I think he''ll do ok for you if you create enough chances for him.

I think he could do a good job for you, If i were you i would be having a look n youtube to see his goals.

Cody is a good player, has pace and will work constantly for you - he will score goals in the Championship and for 4/500K he is good value. He lacks a first touch and shows some naivety and he will miss the odd sitter, but bear with him and you''ll be pleased.All in, a good signing but probably Champ is his level, expect 10 - 15 goals from him this year!

Hi Sky Blue, a chap called Paul Moy should be along very soon and you''ll love his opinion of him...he obviously knows more about Cody than most NCFC fans because, as I have suspected for a while now, I believe they wake up together after a lovely nights cuddle.

IMO, he''s unlucky that he was never given a real crack of the whip, but realistically he has always had better players ahead of him. Plus as every game PL has managed has been a title/promotion decider we haven''t had the luxury of testing him fully.

good luck next season.

Cody is a decent player and a hard worker... will he get 25 goals a season in the championship? no he wont... he wont get more than 10 i''d say but he will chip in with his fair share of assists and his work ethic will win the fans over as well...

[quote user="natncfc"]I think he could do a good job for you, If i were you i would be having a look n youtube to see his goals.[/quote]

I''ve heard it''s a good little compilation.

I dare not look at it until he''s put pen to paper though!

All in all it sounds like he''ll be a good addition to our squad. As long as he can finish and has pace that''s all we ask right now.

He''s got a tattoo on his neck and funny, mouse-like teeth. He''s a superstar at League Two/non league level, will struggle higher than that. I won''t be lumping any money on Coventry pulling up trees if you sign him.

Mungo

Good player and a snip at the price you are reported to be buying him for. I think he will do very well for you, best of luck with the rest of your season.

I''ll just add to everything said already that he is a typical player who has seen the other side of football i.e. non league and just really wants to play football. Not one of these prima donnas that is happy to sit on bench. He came from Dartford played for us at the end of season with Gunn in charge then played a few times in promotion season from league 1. Even though we won league he didn''t play as much as he wanted and went to Gillingham and scored a lot of goals.

Closes down defenders and helps team defend from the front and makes defenders make mistakes.

Hope all goes well for him and Coventry.

Good Luck Cody.

Cody is a distinctly average player who has found his level is league two. You will need to think bigger than that to change around your fortunes around.

[quote user="Sky Blue"]Hi guys,

Coventry City fan here.

Apparently we''re set to sign your lad Cody McDonald, although I won''t believe it until I see him wearing our shirt - given how much of a joke our current board is.

What kind of player is he? I hear he has pace? I''ll be glad if this is the case because we''re crying out for it up top.

Good luck this season. I think we all enjoyed seeing you pip Cardiff to 2nd spot last season, and with good football too.. Sometimes money can''t buy that.[/quote]He''s not good enough for us, but he is good enough for you.He will do OK in the championship. I think its a good buy for you lot, he won''t be on a massive amount of money considering he was a scaffolder before signing for us. Whether one striker, however good, can save your boat from sinking is another question. I have no doubt that he would score the goals in League 1 to take you back up though. Most Norwich fans like Cody, he is quick, can score with both feet and his head, and works hard. Lacks that footballing brain sometimes, but your not spending £1.5m are you. In terms of what you already have at the club, I would consider him to be infinite times better than that pathetic excuse for a striker Freddy Eastwood. If you are going to be selling Lukas Jutkiewicz and replacing him with only Cody McDonald then you lot are going down, you can''t score goals, you have scored 2 goals in 5 games. You need to be adding to your strike force. If you partner Jutkiewicz with McDonald, maybe you will have a chance. The idea of playing Eastwood and Platt and expecting to stay in the Championship is funny, in a way, because they are both completely sh*te and wouldn''t look out of place in the Leyton Orient or Exeter squad, maybe even lower in the pyramid than that.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Sky Blue"]Hi guys,

Coventry City fan here.

Good luck this season. I think we all enjoyed seeing you pip Cardiff to 2nd spot last season, and with good football too.. Sometimes money can''t buy that.[/quote]He''s not good enough for us, but he is good enough for you.He will do OK in the championship. I think its a good buy for you lot, he won''t be on a massive amount of money considering he was a scaffolder before signing for us. Whether one striker, however good, can save your boat from sinking is another question. I have no doubt that he would score the goals in League 1 to take you back up though. Most Norwich fans like Cody, he is quick, can score with both feet and his head, and works hard. Lacks that footballing brain sometimes, but your not spending £1.5m are you. In terms of what you already have at the club, I would consider him to be infinite times better than that pathetic excuse for a striker Freddy Eastwood. If you are going to be selling Lukas Jutkiewicz and replacing him with only Cody McDonald then you lot are going down, you can''t score goals, you have scored 2 goals in 5 games. You need to be adding to your strike force. If you partner Jutkiewicz with McDonald, maybe you will have a chance. The idea of playing Eastwood and Platt and expecting to stay in the Championship is funny, in a way, because they are both completely sh*te and wouldn''t look out of place in the Leyton Orient or Exeter squad, maybe even lower in the pyramid than that. [/quote]

Cut to the chase. Don''t be afraid to tell it like it is will you? haha

You''re right about our strike force though. King was a very big player for us. With it being such a tight league I think he is the difference between gunning for the top half and battling at the bottom. For example, I feel we''d have won the first three had King still been there to take the chances we created.

The other major concern we have is our squad is incredibly small now that SISU have let so many go and not replaced them. I dread to think what will happen when we have more than a few injuries - particularly in midfield.

Thanks for your opinions guys.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]blimey LeJuge...were you given a pasting by the Legion or summut? A bit harsh on the Cov fan who commeth in piece.[/quote]Harsh maybe, but the truth nonetheless. Their club is in a complete mess, their squad has been weakened year on year.Freddy Eastwood has scored 17 goals in 108 league games for them, Clive Platt is 33 now and has scored 3 in 28, and the Coventry board are refusing to comment on reports that their only half decent striker could be moving to Middlesbrough. A strikeforce of Eastwood, Platt, and McDonald, would not be sufficient to keep them in the division. Go and take a look at their first six results this year.....Coventry 0-1 LeicesterCoventry 1-3 Bury (carling cup)Coventry 0-1 BirminghamCoventry 1-2 Crystal PalaceCoventry 0-0 WatfordCoventry 1-1 MiddlesbroughBoth of their league goals have been scored by Jutkiewicz. Who they look to be selling. You don''t stay up by selling your best striker and then gambling on another. My bet is relegation. If they keep Jutkiewicz and play McDonald alongside him..... then maybe they will win some games.

I''m sure he''ll score you a few goals but I don''t think in a million years he''ll be the deciding factor in earning you promotion, nor is he ever likely to be of Premiership standard either.

Just bare in mind that his flurry of goals for Gillingham was in LEAGUE 2 and not the Championship.

[quote user="Sky Blue"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Sky Blue"]Hi guys,

Coventry City fan here.

Good luck this season. I think we all enjoyed seeing you pip Cardiff to 2nd spot last season, and with good football too.. Sometimes money can''t buy that.[/quote]He''s not good enough for us, but he is good enough for you.He will do OK in the championship. I think its a good buy for you lot, he won''t be on a massive amount of money considering he was a scaffolder before signing for us. Whether one striker, however good, can save your boat from sinking is another question. I have no doubt that he would score the goals in League 1 to take you back up though. Most Norwich fans like Cody, he is quick, can score with both feet and his head, and works hard. Lacks that footballing brain sometimes, but your not spending £1.5m are you. In terms of what you already have at the club, I would consider him to be infinite times better than that pathetic excuse for a striker Freddy Eastwood. If you are going to be selling Lukas Jutkiewicz and replacing him with only Cody McDonald then you lot are going down, you can''t score goals, you have scored 2 goals in 5 games. You need to be adding to your strike force. If you partner Jutkiewicz with McDonald, maybe you will have a chance. The idea of playing Eastwood and Platt and expecting to stay in the Championship is funny, in a way, because they are both completely sh*te and wouldn''t look out of place in the Leyton Orient or Exeter squad, maybe even lower in the pyramid than that. [/quote]

Cut to the chase. Don''t be afraid to tell it like it is will you? haha

You''re right about our strike force though. King was a very big player for us. With it being such a tight league I think he is the difference between gunning for the top half and battling at the bottom. For example, I feel we''d have won the first three had King still been there to take the chances we created.

The other major concern we have is our squad is incredibly small now that SISU have let so many go and not replaced them. I dread to think what will happen when we have more than a few injuries - particularly in midfield.

Thanks for your opinions guys.[/quote]Good luck to you mate, used to love you lot when you had Huckerby and Dublin, so was great to see them team up at Norwich for the last couple of years of Dion''s career (and he was still class at 37/38). Sorry to be so blunt, by the way, I always call it as I see it. It''s sad to see a club which once had Robbie Keane, and then Craig Bellamy, struggling.... but Norwich, Leicester, and Southampton, have all been there recently and come back stronger for it mate.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]I''m sure he''ll score you a few goals but I don''t think in a million years he''ll be the deciding factor in earning you promotion, nor is he ever likely to be of Premiership standard either.

Just bare in mind that his flurry of goals for Gillingham was in LEAGUE 2 and not the Championship.[/quote]I suspect they would be happy with avoiding relegation Paint Me Yellow, he was referring to Marlon King when he mentioned promotion fights I think mate.

Absolutely disgraceful decision, and terrible treatment of Cody Mac by Norwich. [:@]

He WILL prove to be a regular goalscorer and I WILL happily come on here and tell all of the ''idiotic, narrow minded, morons" who know jackshit'' about a goalscorer, I TOLD YOU SO!

You''ve got a great little player there, he will score goals for you this season and I think after 1 full season in the Championship he will flourish the following season and be scoring regularly and be highly rated and courted.

18 months time and you''ll be fighting off bids for him.

Mark my words!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with the above, he is quick, hungry and most importantly knows where the goal is.

You''ve got a gem, and will be a fans favourite. I think it''s great that he''s now moving from a premiership team down to championship, will hopefully give him the chance he deserves.

He will score on his debut, so put money on it!!

just looked on the bbc website on transfers and it says that Cody McDonald [Norwich - Colchester] Undisclosed

has he gone to cov or colcherster?

Either club good luck to him i think he has potential.

You are right about the beeb site - def says Norwich to Colchester....why is our coverage always so crap?!

One thing that is odd in this saga is how so many seem to think he has been hard done-by in some way, and that he will be a massive success. Don''t get me wrong, I wish him all the best and I thought he looked ok, but that was in league 1. Now that we are in the Prem (for however long it may be), he needs a bit more and we surely have to trust Lambo''s judgement. Like it or not, the truth is that he would never be ahead of Vaughan or Simeon.