Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

QPR what do we think

We are going down the route of togetherness which has served us brilliantly the past couple of seasons. My only fear is in the Premiership, in our mini league, the teams around us seem to have bolstered their squads and whilst we have spirit, a couple of injuries to key players leaves us on the ropes. Oh to have money! Still:

On the days to call, which we have left behind,

Our boyhood’s glorious game,

And our youthful vigour has declined

With its mirth and its lonesome end;

You will think of the time, the happy time,

Its memories fond recall

When in the bloom of your youthful prime

We’ve kept upon the ball

Kick off, throw it in, have a little scrimmage,

Keep it low, a splendid rush, bravo, win or die;

On the ball, City, never mind the danger,

Steady on, now’s your chance,

Hurrah! We’ve scored a goal.

City, City, City

Let all tonight then drink with me

To the football game we love,

And wish it may successful be

And in one grand united toast

Join player, game and song

And fondly pledge your pride and toast

Success to the City club.

Kick off, throw it in, have a little scrimmage,

Keep it low, a splendid rush, bravo, win or die;

On the ball, City, never mind the danger,

Steady on, now’s your chance,

Hurrah! We’ve scored a goal.

You will be tested on it later!!!

Ferdinand and Barton are decent signings but the rest are fairly average. Provided you keep Barton calm and happy there is not a better midfield player at any of the clubs who may find themselves in the bottom half at the end of the season. SWP is yet another head down, brain dead English winger forever running down blind alleys. Bothroyd? He''s no better than Holt of Morison for me. Luke Young? 2001 just called requesting the return of their right back.

They will still struggle and I would still take our squad and manager (and Swansea''s for that matter) over theirs.

Hello, we are pretty happy with the signings, Barton a great player when in form, SWP another asset, as for becoming another Portsmouth, we have very wealthy backers, and finally, the BBC are relocating most of their staff, so land can be availble where the old White City stadium was, have a good one..................

hahah this is what too much incest does to ya.......

are you serious u would prefer both yours and thoose sheepshaggers squad over ours? ur going straight back to leauge 1 - ''''in paul we trust'''' hahaha cracks me up.... face it - we''re staying up and u aren''t

gonna get shot down I know but had to comment

ur making me sick

Must be just me that thinks QPR havnt bought well. Really dont fear them at all. And I think they will be releagated with Wigan - The other spot to be battled out between Us, Swansea and Blackburn. (A club that have pined there hopes on a 53 Year Old Nigerian striker)

Bartons a good signing but a liability. Ferdinand and SWP were good. But have gone rapidly down hill and have not played football for a while.

Blah blah blah, luvly jubbly, cor blimey guvnor, ''you can tell a cock knee carncha but you can''t tell him much'', Lahndin, Lahndin, Lahndin, blah blah blah, Danny Dyer''s a geezer, up the apples and pears, cor lummee, luv a duck, gertcha gerthca… and repeat adnauseum!See what happens when you duel the A11? These twonks start turning up… bloody Thetford wannabees.Did anyone understand what he said? Was it "Where were we when we were sh*t?"

Good lad, showing a remarkable ability to construct a sentence there.

I''d say all us cockney ''apples & pears'' QPR fans are over the moon with our squad now. We''ve gone from being resigned to relegation 2 weeks ago to now being pretty confidient of a top of the bottom half finish (you might say mid-table)! Plenty of prem experience now, pace and creative ability throughout the side.

I''m sorry to say though I think you are certs for relegation!

Now f**k off back to your tractors you carrot crunching, three fingered inbreds..

[quote user="twoheads"]I''m sorry to say though I think you are certs for relegation!

Now f**k off back to your tractors you carrot crunching, three fingered inbreds..

[/quote]Opinions, my li''l chirpy cock knee sparra, are like ar soles, we all have them and this instance yours is premature ( a bit like you according to your ''old lady''!)You

sir, do us a mighty disservice by ignoring the undoubted skill of our

manager and his team to upset the norm like we did last year (you''d do well to look up the dictionary definition of this word team, so you can work out what is you lost when your stars have a bit of a sulk).I remember your sort coming on here then; "givin'' it all vat" (Is

that how you say it? You know, when you Londoners do that funny

lobster impersonation thing you do when you''re up and down the King''s

Road or wherever it is you march up and down in your porkpie hats, beige

crimpleens and reactolite rapids – jabbering away to Lance or Vince or

Dean or Wayne or Rod or Dave [delete as appropriate])
I recall we beat you quite

comfortably at home, should have won at Lofty Ruins and made your li''l

cockney ringos squeak all the way to the end of the season. You said we were going to get relegated then!You will, of course, recall it differently but that is always the case with your average bullish Londoner; scant regard for anyone outside of the capital. Ever thus. Its why nobody likes you.Now then, off back to your

own forum with you ya little scamp you and go jabber with the other 8 Ringo fans (is it Ringos or Hoops or maybe its Ringpieces?) whilst you

celebrate your new found good fortune.Gawd bless Tony Fernandez eh, that lifelong QPR fan. Tee hee hee.Thanking you and goodbye!

[quote user="Holt-is-pony"]hahah this is what too much incest does to ya.......

are you serious u would prefer both yours and thoose sheepshaggers squad over ours? ur going straight back to leauge 1 - ''''in paul we trust'''' hahaha cracks me up.... face it - we''re staying up and u aren''t

gonna get shot down I know but had to comment

ur making me sick[/quote]If we make you sick why bother coming on here you mockney tw@t.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Ferdinand and Barton are decent signings but the rest are fairly average. Provided you keep Barton calm and happy there is not a better midfield player at any of the clubs who may find themselves in the bottom half at the end of the season. SWP is yet another head down, brain dead English winger forever running down blind alleys. Bothroyd? He''s no better than Holt of Morison for me. Luke Young? 2001 just called requesting the return of their right back.

They will still struggle and I would still take our squad and manager (and Swansea''s for that matter) over theirs.

[/quote]

I will give you Barton if it wasn''t for his temperament he would be an England regular, but Ferdinand?  I think he is distinctly average to be honest.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

I will give you Barton if it wasn''t for his temperament he would be an England regular, but Ferdinand?  I think he is distinctly average to be honest.

Colin seems to be trying to filling the cracks in with these signings, (because as even the QPR fans say, 2 weeks ago they were definates to finish bottom),so it looks like it is certainly going to be  an ''interesting'' season both on and off the pitch .

I said it before on another thread, I believe that with our football/business model, we are going to be in a far better place, than QPR,  in 2/3 years time.

You might well stay up this season, but signing that lot, smacks of a one season desparation, and IF you go down, well hang on to your hats boys and girls, ''cos it''ll get VERY messy. 

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Colin seems to be trying to filling the cracks in with these signings, (because as even the QPR fans say, 2 weeks ago they were definates to finish bottom),so it looks like it is certainly going to be  an ''interesting'' season both on and off the pitch .

I said it before on another thread, I believe that with our football/business model, we are going to be in a far better place, than QPR,  in 2/3 years time.

You might well stay up this season, but signing that lot, smacks of a one season desparation, and IF you go down, well hang on to your hats boys and girls, ''cos it''ll get VERY messy. 

[/quote]Agree completely with this. Lambert and McNally are chasing the sustainable model. If we go down then Lambert would probably go, but we will have a reasonable wage bill which is covered by the parachute payments, possibly a little in the kitty for a new man to invest, players good enough to win the league next season and do it properly, and if necessary an asset or two to sell (young and talented players = resale value). QPR on the other hand would have a huge wage bill, several Jimmy Bullard situations, an owner who may be willing to pump a little bit of money in, but this getting sucked up by over inflated wages, and nobody other than Tarabt with a decent resale value. They will be like Newcastle United without the 45000 crowds. Newcastle just about survived, with crowds four times bigger than QPR''s.

[quote user="twoheads"]Plenty of prem experience now, pace and creative ability throughout the side.

[/quote]

go on you''ve hooked one here tell me which of your recent signings are renowned for pace (that''s "are" not "was") and then tell me which of your quality prem experienced signings are renowned for their creativity because I''m really puzzled by this claim you make.

You''ve got a very average defender with a famous uncle and brother, a very average winger who can''t cross but has a famous dad and a slightly above average midfielder who is famous for being a vindictive vicious little twat. Most of your other signings are famous for nothing more than being perennial crocks none are famous for being creative or fast.