Sign in to follow this  
Mr  Whiz

Anyone on the coach that broke down for the Wigan Match.......

heard anything from the club regarding getting a refund on the travel costs?Its been a few weeks now and I''ve still heard nothing, wouldn''t mind knowing if im gonna get some money back or not. Otherwise it was a rather long and expensive trip for 45 minutes of football lol

am i be harsh for saying that it was just unlucky and leave it there. at least you seen some of the game and they got you home safely, I have missed the odd half a game for being stuck in traffic, frustrating i know but just have to accept it.

Does your boss expect you to make up the time when your sick !!!

Thats different, If you have paid for a service, you expect to get what you pay for.

It is not the customers fault the coach broke down, so why should they lose out.

I had something similar with National Express recently. was travelling from Leeds to London to go to the racing at Epsom. Because a driver didnt get out of bed, we were sat on the service station waiting for 2 hours, they had to send another bus. We had planned to get a train from our Hotel to the racecourse but because we wouldnt have had time we had to get a £50 taxi. Now i planned and paid to get there well in advance, but even after getting a taxi, we still missed the first race. National Express sent me a cheque for £50 to cover the cost of the taxi.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Thats different, If you have paid for a service, you expect to get what you pay for.

It is not the customers fault the coach broke down, so why should they lose out.....[/quote]Is it NCFC''s fault the coach broke down? Is it anyone''s fault the coach broke down? The world''s an imperfect place, you can''t sue the crap out of anyone just because it didn''t go to plan. What if you had driven and your own car had broken down? Would you have blamed yourself or just thought "Oh, it''s just bad luck"

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="CDMullins"]Thats different, If you have paid for a service, you expect to get what you pay for. It is not the customers fault the coach broke down, so why should they lose out.....

[/quote]

Is it NCFC''s fault the coach broke down? Is it anyone''s fault the coach broke down? The world''s an imperfect place, you can''t sue the crap out of anyone just because it didn''t go to plan. What if you had driven and your own car had broken down? Would you have blamed yourself or just thought "Oh, it''s just bad luck"
[/quote]

So, say you buy a watch over the internet for £100. It gets lost in the post. No watch, no money, tough luck isn''t it. After all it''s no one''s fault is it?

In my opinion as a gesture of good will the Club should do something as part of a customer care package for those fans.After all Arsenal were quick out of the blocks offering those who travelled to Manchester only to witness an 8-2 mauling a free ticket to another game.In boths cases it does not undo what happened but just might make those fans involved actually think that the respective clubs care about their punters.

FYI Sanders had said they would refund the money, however seeing that they charge the club and the club charge me for ticket and travel I have to go through certain channels to find out what''s going on.I don''t hold NCFC responsible in anyway but the only avenue I have to find a resolution is through them.If nothing comes of it then so be it but how many of you would be happy sitting on a coach for almost 15 hours just to see 45 minutes of football?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]In my opinion as a gesture of good will the Club should do something as part of a customer care package for those fans.After all Arsenal were quick out of the blocks offering those who travelled to Manchester only to witness an 8-2 mauling a free ticket to another game.In boths cases it does not undo what happened but just might make those fans involved actually think that the respective clubs care about their punters.[/quote]I agree. They should get a free coach to the away game of their choice. The next away ticket that they buy, the ticket is on the club. Very simple solution.

[quote user="Mr Whiz"]FYI Sanders had said they would refund the money, however seeing that they charge the club and the club charge me for ticket and travel I have to go through certain channels to find out what''s going on.

I don''t hold NCFC responsible in anyway but the only avenue I have to find a resolution is through them.

If nothing comes of it then so be it but how many of you would be happy sitting on a coach for almost 15 hours just to see 45 minutes of football?

[/quote]

I''ve done that and seen NO football!

Back in the very early 80''s, went to Man Utd on a coach, and despite it being April there was some bad snow on the Pennines, so the driver went up to Halifax etc, and beyond, but due to the conditions, it was a slow process and we eventually dove into Manchester at 4.45!

When we got back to Norwich we discovered that the driver had been told not to travel!

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="CDMullins"]Thats different, If you have paid for a service, you expect to get what you pay for.

It is not the customers fault the coach broke down, so why should they lose out.....[/quote]Is it NCFC''s fault the coach broke down? Is it anyone''s fault the coach broke down? The world''s an imperfect place, you can''t sue the crap out of anyone just because it didn''t go to plan. What if you had driven and your own car had broken down? Would you have blamed yourself or just thought "Oh, it''s just bad luck"[/quote]

The customer paid for NCFC to provide suitable travel to get them there. Whether it be bad luck or a knackered old bus it didnt happen.

The customer paid for a service they did not get it.

Nothing to do with sueing them, just getting a token few quid for the inconveinence

I suspect Sanders (sp?) are insured for this type of event.

Come on NCFC do the right thing and sort these fans out!

We were once a very caring club, now it seems our fans are treated like customers. Poor.

I don''t know the legal jargon, but the customer (fan) has  made a contract with NCFC to get them to Wigan. It is therefore NCFC''s responsibility to ensure that is honoured. They in turn have made a contract with Sanders to provide that service. As far as the customer (fan) is concerned they have not got what they paid for,so it is incumbent on NCFC to take the ''hit'', but as they have used Sanders, it is between NCFC and Sanders to sort out who loses, but it isn''t the fan.

That''s retty much how it is crabby, though I''m sure were it go go the whole way the contract would be to get the person to Wigan not necessarily by a set time.

I would venture to suggest that a full refund would be deemed suitable recompense and it would be up to the people on the bus to show there was some sort of neglicence in the part of Sanders with regard to that coach ie they knew BEFOREHAND that it would or was likely to break down before it set off. Without that, a full refund would be seen as a fair settlement,

Personally I think missing the first half is less of a ''harm'' than spending an extra few hours cooped up with 50 or so ''cabbagers''.