Sign in to follow this  
JJ

NHS

Norwich Hit Squad

Anyone know where their is any information about it on the web. Guessing it disbanded years ago. Bit of an odd request but ive got to do a sociology essay on Gang Culture and violence. Loads of information on the ICF but cant seem to find anything about the NHS.

There is plenty of information about the National Health Service online, and yes it does very much still exist.

Oh, your talking about the ''Norwich Hit Squad''? The bunch of middle aged bald men with beer bellies who are probably about as athletic as a stoned pig? Otherwise known as the Norwich Hotdog Stomachs? I fail to see the relation between the NHS and the ICF, the former being a group of p*ss heads that still chant the highly creative "who are ya, who are ya" at away fans during , the latter being an organized football hooligan firm. If your going to write an essay about football hooligan firms, then stick with the firms that really do exist.

From being in and around trouble on away matches i always felt that the hit squad was always a name groups of supporters would use to cause trouble.

So, not necessarily a fixed group, if that makes sense.

For example, from where i travelled there were loads of wannabes calling themselves IVF (v = village), was all a bit tongue-in-cheek at home games and so we used to join in for a laugh.

However, come away matches they would be chanting N! H! S! with the other smaller groups combined, and that''s where it got nasty very quickly.

Me and my mates were only 15-16 and it''s only when we''ve sat down years later we realised that we were being manipulated by the more established guys and our lives could''ve turned out so differently were we to go that way.

I just found it really odd how friendly it all was at Carrow Road, yet mindless anywhere else - so that''s probably somewhere you should be looking for research, i guess this was done as part of their recruitment so you looked up to them as being a good laugh.

Thanks for all the people that actually wanted to help. Sarcasm is the lowest form of humour and it would help a lot of you if you remembered that. I think ill do some research on the ICF.

Get books by Trevor Tanner,Cass Pennant and the original Football Factory* by John King.They can come off a bit ''geezerish'' but they are good places to start.

*Not the film of this book,it is awful.

These links should well help you :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Dyer

Nice one to the NHS direct here:http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

Hey! OP, this will give you some good info:

http://www.ccnextra.co.uk/node/19

It''s got a member of the NHS talking to City college extra.

The 6.59 from Pompey used to be well known, named after the time of the train they took to away matches. Their unofficial talisman was a guy called Docker Harris. Despite the name he was actually supposed to be a little bloke, and not a hard man at all. He became famous for a short while when he stood for Parliament in a vital election for the SDP. He was drunk at the count and had to be physically held up by mates. Years ago when I worked for the NHS, I Iooked after an ex 6.59 associate who was in hospital. Years early he had lost an eye in a fight in North London. As they say they were a ''game crew''.

Curious fact of the day straight from my Dangerous Book for Boys:

Hooligan derives from the Irish surname of Hoolihan. At some point in history that name was linked with a lot of ill behaviour and thus hooligan was born.

And somewhere down the line, one small lad created mayhem on a football pitch, dipping and diving, feet a blur. He is called Hoolahan - it is said that seas of grass part in intimidation of his awesome prowess.

I digress . . . . .

Yes, I stand corrected, 6.57. Docker Harris stood for the 6.57 Party, anti Hampshire (as Soton) is in Hants. His 445 votes secured a very tight victory for the Tory''s at a time of SDP rise, so the result was quite important at the time.