Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Will we finish above Arsenal this season?

You have to assume Arsenal make 4-5 signings today and tomorrow and buck up their ideas a bit.

They certainly won''t be challenging Man.U/Man.C/Chelsea for the title, and will really have to push to challenge Liverlose/Spurs for 4th place. I would expect them to really go for the FA Cup this season as well, no chance in the Champions League, Barca will win that again.

To be honest, after the first three games i don''t expect us to finish any higher than 16/17th, I don''t think we will get relegated, but can''t see a higher finish than that. And Arsenal certainly won''t be down that low.

Lol i assume this is very much tongue in cheek....Arsenal will finish top 6 minimum, a long distance ahead of us unfortunately. However, I believe we''ll still be in the same league as them next season so alls good

This has got to be a tongue-in-cheek comment, hasn''t it?

Quite simply they look likely to be fighting for top 6 this season, not top 3/4. Whilst we will be battling it out to stay up.

I think that may have been the gooners Colchester moment,the kick up the backside that will make Wenger start spending.Hopefully i am wrong and it turns out to be the beginning of the end for the Arse,but i doubt it!

No, because Arsenal have great goalscorers such as Van Persie and Walcott, whereas we have forwards who will struggle to score such as Martin (no pace or heading ability) and Jackson and the injury prone Vaughan and Morison.  

[quote user="paul moy"]No, because Arsenal have great goalscorers such as Van Persie and Walcott, whereas we have forwards who will struggle to score such as Martin (no pace or heading ability) and Jackson and the injury prone Vaughan and Morison.  [/quote]

Have a bit of faith in our team!!

Ok, I''ve already posted on here but I have to admit that I think it''s far too early to be making predictions, just like Spainboy was about us and Leeds in our League 1 season when we weren''t even halfway through it. I reckon Arsenal will finish in the top half, but I can''t see them winning anything or making the top 4. If we carry on playing the way we are though (without the spot-kicks and dismissals) and Arsenal don''t sort out their squad soon, then yes, we will finish above them.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="paul moy"]No, because Arsenal have great goalscorers such as Van Persie and Walcott, whereas we have forwards who will struggle to score such as Martin (no pace or heading ability) and Jackson and the injury prone Vaughan and Morison.  [/quote]

[/quote]

I''m just stating why we will not finish above Arsenal,  without wearing green and yellow specs. Another reason I will add is that IMO Rudd is inadequate backup for Ruddy and this will cost us points probably starting against WBA, and of course selling a certain player that could head you goals from our two impressive wingers and playing those that cannot is pretty stupid.  

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

I''m just stating why we will not finish above Arsenal,  without wearing green and yellow specs. Another reason I will add is that IMO Rudd is inadequate backup for Ruddy and this will cost us points probably starting against WBA, and of course selling a certain player that could head you goals from our two impressive wingers and playing those that cannot is pretty stupid.  

[/quote]

Think you need to be a bit more objective, Martin was one of our best players against Chelsea and we didn''t start with one winger let alone two. Against Stoke Martin did a very important job of linking the midfield to Holt and giving Bennett and Pilkington the chance to get into crossing positions. We all know you don''t like Martin because he is above Cody Mc in Lambert''s thoughts but no need to make it personal.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Think you need to be a bit more objective, Martin was one of our best players against Chelsea and we didn''t start with one winger let alone two. Against Stoke Martin did a very important job of linking the midfield to Holt and giving Bennett and Pilkington the chance to get into crossing positions. We all know you don''t like Martin because he is above Cody Mc in Lambert''s thoughts but no need to make it personal.

[/quote]

Where did I make it personal ?  Martin will struggle to score goals and that is what a striker is there for and I''m surprised that others cannot see that. He can be a good midfielder so he does deserve to have a place in the squad but not as a striker IMO.

Come back on this forum in six months time if and when Cody McD gets himself a new club and if and when he proves he can score goals at a higher level.

Your continuing ''love'' of Cody is, quite wrongly, making a lot of people on this forum dislike a player who has done nothing wrong and has done all that has been asked of him for the club. Personally I hope he gets a new club soon and that he has a successful career, but at the end of the day I will agree will Paul Lamber''s opinion, not yours.

You are doing him an injustice, cannot you see that it''s about time you did him a favour and kept quiet.

It would be nice to finish above Arsenal... If wenger leaves i expect "New manager" syndrome will kick in and they will shoot up the league, even if he stays they will most likely have enough in them for an 8th or 9th place finish.one thing is certain though, having seen every team on Match of the day over the last 3 weeks Arsenal are currently the WORST team in the premiership by far...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]It would be nice to finish above Arsenal... If wenger leaves i expect "New manager" syndrome will kick in and they will shoot up the league, even if he stays they will most likely have enough in them for an 8th or 9th place finish.one thing is certain though, having seen every team on Match of the day over the last 3 weeks Arsenal are currently the WORST team in the premiership by far...[/quote]Having been to the Liverpool game and their game versus Udinese they are far from the worst team in the Premier League. Tottenham and Blackburn are fighting for that title in my opinion. In the Liverpool game Arsenal were on top, with a makeshift team, up until the sending off - same with the Newcastle game.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]They looked dreadful v Man Utd.[/quote]Man Utd will make a lot of teams look dreadful this season.  There is no way we will finish above Arsenal, short of Arsenal going into administration.

My OP question was a bit tongue in cheek. I can''t really see us scoring two goals at Old Trafford for starters, but then again I shall be bitterly disappointed if we concede EIGHT there. I really can''t see Arsenal making the top four this year - they might even finish about 10th or 12th.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Probably not, but I think we''ll be capable of beating them especially at Carrow Road![/quote]

I think we could take two points off Arsenal, but I doubt we will beat them.