Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Have you ever bought another club's shirt? If so why?

All of my club shirts are City shirts bar 1 San Jose shirt- I did it because of Hucks [:$]In terms of international shirts I''ve got loads of England shirts as well as one Spain one and one Turkey shirt- they were both holiday impulse buys!What about you guys?

Oxford United as I was born in Old Marston 1/2 mile from the Manor Ground and watched both City and Oxford in the early 80''s through to now.

I get a shirt from every foreign ground I go too. My favouries I have are Barca, Napoli and Roma, but I''d never get one from another English side

[quote user="ryan1992"]I get a shirt from every foreign ground I go too. My favouries I have are Barca, Napoli and Roma, but I''d never get one from another English side[/quote]SameFC Tokyo, Charleston Battery, Boca Juniors and German National shirt from last year are some of my favourites.

I''ve never really been to any foreign grounds to be honest. I have however been to the Nou Camp which was an amazing experience! I guess I''ve never really had much interest in football outside of England.

Ive had/got hundreds - Every City kit since 92.

Got the Barca kit from Nou Camp, Real Madrid.

Back in the day JJB use to sell all kinds of obscure and weird shirts from £4.99. Dad use to take me and get a couple each time.

Baring City shirts, my Fav is either the Green Kappa Barca or the purple and blue away Newcastle shirt when Asprilla was there.

I was young and impressionable once which ended up in a Cardiff City shirt being mine for a year or so...

Got the Barca, NY Red Bulls, Tunisia, Dutch away, Parma, AC to name a few....

My favourite though has to be my Panathanaikos shirt circa 99... classy kit that!

Barcelona home Unicef shirt and Mexico international shirt - both on holiday.

Done thing it seems!? My missus got them both too!

I have loads of football shirts.....

3 Barca ones, one was cheap when I was in Barcelona, one I got with Ronaldinho on back as I was a bit obsessed with him, not sure when/why I got the third.

Got a Chelsea shirt ages and ages ago, long story short went to Chelsea vs Spurspre Arranged, so.they were kind of second team.

I have a signed Madrid shirt, from when Becks was there, not for that reason though.

I also have some other shirts his because I used to like buying footy shirts: Celtic, AC Milan, Colo Colo, a Mexican club shirt, have a couple of others can''t remember what they are though....

I once bought a Fulham shirt because it was £15 in JD and had a year to run, a strange impulse buy. Think I wore it to bed a few times, then got too fat for it, and chucked it. It had a short life as a pyjama top. I had a Kaiserslauten top once too as a kid, but really can''t remember how or why I ended up with that. I haven''t had a replica football shirt since I was 17, because after that I was an adult, I don''t really do replica football shirts - never really understood the point. My colors are a city scalf in winter and no colors in summer.

Yeah, I have got loads of other teams shirts (mostly foreign) from whenever I go to that City. Got Barcelona, Atheltic Bilbao, Zenit St Peterburg, AIK Gotenburg, Cadiz FC, Venice FC, Fiorentina, Roma etc to name a few!

I had a couple of Spurs ones as a kid- supported them before my first

trip to Carrow Rd (non football family so I had no guidance!)The

usual few holiday ones- Brazil, some team from Paraguay, Fiorentina and

once an old Arsenal one cos I needed a red shirt for training and it was

cheaper than a plain one!!

Yep, an Ipswich shirt from a local in Douala Cameroon, for 5 Dollars, a pair of used work boots and my Digital phone company Championship winner T shirt. It was ceremonially stuffed with aerosol cans, dumped in the incinerator and blown apart. Not sure who was more surprised, me to see a filthy Fisons shirt in Africa, or the chap to see his shirt blown to smithereens!

Took it all quite serious back then.....

me and a few mates went to Oldham away a few seasons back, he vowed to buy something from the club shop as long as it was under a tenner. He found a flourescent yellow shirt for 10.99 so had a whip round for the 99p. Thus he is the proud owner of Oldhams 09/10 away shirt.

I got an Olympique Marseille shirt when I lived in France for 1 year...great club with fanatic support...but still...nothing compared to NCFC!!!!

I also own a couple of DC United shirts. We met a fan of DC when out in the US a few years back and since then, he has sent me a load of DC stuff including a shirt with Adu on the back a few years ago. He has taken an interest of NCFC since, and has been to 3 games including Dion and Hucks last games at Sheff Wednesday. He also has one of the bricks in the Jarrold stand!

I bought Juve shirt with sony on front when they won champions league ages ago, Barca shirt when I went to Nou Camp and an Inter shirt a couple of years ago (because the design hardly changes) It always has Pirelli on front and is made by Nike - always looks quite good as well.

The one I always wanted because it never changed was Ajax it used to have Abn Amro written sideways each season but then suddenly it changed and I never got it.

Quite like continental shirts although would never wear them to a Norwich match. Would never buy another English clubs shirt though - I remember going on a trip to old trafford for a look around and been taken in to the megastore - at the time I was young and desperately wanted an umbro sweatshirt went in saw loads - just that every one had Man U badge on - so left empty handed.

Confession time:   I was 11 in 1974 and Norwich had just been relegated from Division One alongside Man Utd. I was so disappointed that I asked my Mum to buy me a new strip to wear for playing football at school. At that time the binners were doing well so I chose to wear an Ipswich Town strip for games. Surprisingly, I wasn''t the only one who dared and even more surprisingly we did not suffer any grief. This act of treason only lasted for one year as we won promotion at the end of the season and I was able to wear yellow and green again.