Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Best Place To Park?

Hey all, I just signed up to this forum and was wondering where the best and cheapest place to park is when going to watch a football game.

I live in thetford and used to get trains to the games but since I can drive I was wondering if anyone can suggest good places to park and how much it would cost to stay there for the game :) Thanks All :)

If you get there early enough, around 1 - 1:30 you can get a good spot on thorpe road

[quote user="Cookieace"]How much is it for the Riverside multistorey?[/quote]£1.20    /     hour£1.80    /     2 hours£2.60    /     3 hours£3.20    /     4 hours£3.60    /     5 hours£6.60    /     day

Have they changed recently Matt (or are they the rail fees)? I''ve always known it to be £1 per hour for the first 4 hours then £6 for 4-6 hours. This was still the case when I was there for the Stoke game.Re the multi-storey, it always takes a long time to get out afterwards (longer than County Hall) and I expect there will be a lot more demand on it this season given the County Hall price hike. Got on there quite easily for the Stoke game (Sunday), but for the MK Dons game (Tuesday night) the signs were showing it was full on the way into the city at about 6.30! You get non-football traffic parking there as well of course.Does anyone know how much the Lower Clarence Road car park is these days? Haven''t been round there on a matchday for years.

[quote user="Cookieace"]Just looked and I can not really see anywhere to park, which absolutely sucks apart from County Hall, how much will that cost?[/quote]£6

I''m sure there was a recent thread on a similar vein. Try search. Can''t be certain but I think someone was offering their driveway for a fee on it.

I''m guessing you''re under 25 - are you a season ticket holder? If so it might be worth getting a rail card as the savings you''d make on rail fares (a third off each time) throughout the season would easily pay for the card, which costs £28.

If you don''t mind a 25 minute or so walk there are plenty of places you can park for free. Just head out of town far enough to get out of the parking permits and your sorted. Most people are too lazy to do that.

Yea I am only 18 and am a Super Ticker Member, but I am working full time and can make every satuirday and evening game, even sundays :)

Will be becoming a season ticket holder hopefully next year :D, going to try and make it to some away games also :).

I wouldn''t mind a 30 minute walk, I was thinking about Castle Mall parking and Chapelfield but I am guessing they would be packed and would probably cost a bomb.

If you do not mind a half hour walk then there are plenty of places to park. There is a car park at Pilling Park, at the top of Harvey Lane, which is about a 25 minute walk. If you get there early, you can even park on Stanley Avenue (which runs between Yarmouth Road and Harvey Lane), which will save you having to walk back up that b*stard hill after the game.

If the Pilling Park car park is full, just take a left at Morse Avenue and drive into the estate itself, you can park anywhere in there, though you might not have any wheels left when you return.

I know a carpark you can park for free about 10 min walk from the ground however im not telling people as i will lose my regular spot there hehe