Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

The next three games are crucial aren't they?

Realistically we need our first win in the next three games, in fact we probably need 5 points. We play West Brom, Bolton, and Sunderland. If at least one of those games isn''t winnable then we will start to perhaps have a reality check, four points wouldn''t be a disaster, but five points would keep morale up, the fans in good spirit, and stand us in good stead for what is a tough run of games.It is inevitable that we are going to lose at Old Trafford, particularly with the way that 80% of refereeing decisions go there way there and our tendancy recently to put ourselves in dangerous situations. You may disagree, but I expect to see Betfair odds of about 1.1/1 for a United win. If we get our first win prior to that game however we can safely write that off, and will probably have the momentum required to go and beat Swansea.If we haven''t won by the Swansea game, then that''s no wins in 7. On the flipside, if we remain undefeated in the next three games, then we go into it having not lost to anybody but big four teams. If you look at our home games up to January:StokeWest BromSunderlandSwanseaBlackburnArsenalQPRNewcastleTottenhamFulhamAnd then our home games for January onwards:ChelseaBoltonMan UtdWiganWolvesEvertonMan CityLiverpoolAston VillaWe aren''t going to have it as easy as this for the next season, we actually do need to start getting home points on the board very quickly. I think we will know by January whether we are going down or staying up. To be honest, I''m nervous. The next three games, or perhaps the next three home games, will make or break our season.

[quote user="LeJuge"]Realistically we need our first win in the next three games, in fact we probably need 5 points. We play West Brom, Bolton, and Sunderland. If at least one of those games isn''t winnable then we will start to perhaps have a reality check, four points wouldn''t be a disaster, but five points would keep morale up, the fans in good spirit, and stand us in good stead for what is a tough run of games.It is inevitable that we are going to lose at Old Trafford, particularly with the way that 80% of refereeing decisions go there way there and our tendancy recently to put ourselves in dangerous situations. You may disagree, but I expect to see Betfair odds of about 1.1/1 for a United win. If we get our first win prior to that game however we can safely write that off, and will probably have the momentum required to go and beat Swansea.If we haven''t won by the Swansea game, then that''s no wins in 7. On the flipside, if we remain undefeated in the next three games, then we go into it having not lost to anybody but big four teams. If you look at our home games up to January:StokeWest BromSunderlandSwanseaBlackburnArsenalQPRNewcastleTottenhamFulhamAnd then our home games for January onwards:ChelseaBoltonMan UtdWiganWolvesEvertonMan CityLiverpoolAston VillaWe aren''t going to have it as easy as this for the next season, we actually do need to start getting home points on the board very quickly. I think we will know by January whether we are going down or staying up. To be honest, I''m nervous. The next three games, or perhaps the next three home games, will make or break our season. [/quote]I meant: "We aren''t going to have it as easy as this for the rest of the season!

Not that I''m in any way mystic, but...[quote user="LeJuge"]StokeWest Brom -DrawSunderland - WINSwansea - WINBlackburn - WINArsenal - LoseQPR - WINNewcastle - WINTottenham - LoseFulham - WINAnd then our home games for January onwards:Chelsea - LoseBolton - DrawMan Utd - LoseWigan - WINWolves - WINEverton - DrawMan City - LoseLiverpool - LoseAston Villa - Draw[/quote]8 wins, 3 draws = 27 pointsLeaves us needing about 9 points away from home... possible?

So we''re only going to lose to the ''top 6''?? I reckon it will be a LOT tougher. Chances are we''ll lose to a few of the middle teams also (Bolton, Everton, Newcastle etc) We''ll need to make sure we pick up max points home and away from the teams in and around us (possible relagation teams) and try and pick up as many points as possible from the middle teams, allowing us to discard the big 6 and just enjoy the experiences.

I would take a win and a draw from WBA and Sunderland and expect to lose at Bolton. After 10 games inwe need to have at least a dozen points on the board or it will look pretty grim though not impossible

I think with the start WBA have had albeit they have played chelsea and man u, i think this is a very winnable game, it has been reported this week that all is not welll there and that there were punches thrown anfter the stoke game

I believe they are crucial and all are winnable games.

I am worried that wba may NEED, the victory more than us next Sunday. With no points I think they will be up for it and knowing we have dec in goal. Who I am sure will do a good job, but we will need be very attacking and try and put them under pressure early and through the whole game.

Bolton away I think we could pick up a win, a tough team, but if we move the ball quickly and buoyed by a win against wba we could get that away game win.

So although all three are important I def. would say that we NEED that win against wba, I do think we can pick up points at bolton and our following home game.

We need to, or our season is going to another one where I fear we may fall short. The premiership does not give you any time and also never gets easier for a promoted team.

WBA is a must win for both to get the season started, we need that win.

Threes games in and we have been excellent, yet there are people already who are thinking we are going to go down.

Lambert has faith in Rudd, meaning we should too, I he didn''t have faith in Rudd then we would have got a loaned goalkeeper in.

I feel like we will get a win at home, odemwingie is apparently hoping to be fit for the game.

Us as the supporters need to back the team as usual, we have been very close to winning each game, Like I said I feel we will win this game.

We always knew we were going to have to start well when the fixtures came out. Our run in is pretty dreadful. However the major plus at Stamford Bridge was that getting points off the top 8 may not be the impossible task it seemed. Particularly at home.