Sign in to follow this  
.takecare.

QPR to bid for beckham

They sure have spend a whole lot of money and are now eyeing up to bid for beckham, do you think all these signings will pay off or are they just a load of over paid and un motivated signings? They sure are planning to stay up but if we were to stay up it would make it 100 times more sweeter that we made it with only a few signings...

For a start, he won''t be able to sign until January (obviously), secondly i don''t think he would want to join QPR, Becks is probably at the stage of his career where money really doesn''t matter. I think i''m right in saying he and his family plan on staying out in LA long term, so moving back over to England to play for a rubbish QPR probably isn''t top of his priorities.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]For a start, he won''t be able to sign until January (obviously), secondly i don''t think he would want to join QPR, Becks is probably at the stage of his career where money really doesn''t matter. I think i''m right in saying he and his family plan on staying out in LA long term, so moving back over to England to play for a rubbish QPR probably isn''t top of his priorities.[/quote]His wants to play in the Olympic team though, and he is more likely to get watched by Capello if hes turning up at grounds in this country. Personally I think he well past his sell by date, too old and slow for the Premier League, and should play at a realistic level or retire. Plus, if I had a pound for every time I saw Beckham linked to a club in the past 3 years I''d probably have £200 in pound coins..... last year his move to Spurs was supposed to be a done deal, wasn''t it?

Capello isn''t in charge of the Olympic team is he? Thought it was going to be Stuart Pearce? Capello won''t even be England manager then will he, thought he was leaving immediately after Euro 2012, which is before the Olympics.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Capello isn''t in charge of the Olympic team is he? Thought it was going to be Stuart Pearce? Capello won''t even be England manager then will he, thought he was leaving immediately after Euro 2012, which is before the Olympics.[/quote]1 more GP! [Y][<:o)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]For a start, he won''t be able to sign until January (obviously), secondly i don''t think he would want to join QPR, Becks is probably at the stage of his career where money really doesn''t matter. I think i''m right in saying he and his family plan on staying out in LA long term, so moving back over to England to play for a rubbish QPR probably isn''t top of his priorities.[/quote]Technically the MLS season finishes in November, there will be no football for Beckham after that date. If after the final game of the season he isn''t signing for LA, they could easily release him a little early from his deal. My understanding is that you can sign a free agent at pretty much any time, if no other club holds their registration then you can sign them. Whenever the loan window opens, that is when the free agent window opens too. So QPR could well sign him in November.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Capello isn''t in charge of the Olympic team is he? Thought it was going to be Stuart Pearce? Capello won''t even be England manager then will he, thought he was leaving immediately after Euro 2012, which is before the Olympics.[/quote]Same applies. In fact Stuart Pearce is probably more likely to turn up to games than Capello, as we all know. Beckham probably has a good chance of making that squad, possibly. We can pick three players over 23, and no English club is going to let any World Cup player play two tournaments in a row. I doubt it is justified though, I bet there will be better players left out of the World Cup squad. It would be pretty damn cool to see Beckham, Joe Cole, and Owen, as the three players though.... give them all a swansong..... or perhaps even a Paul Scholes cameo?

He still wouldn''t be able to play until January LeJudge, as you can''t add players to the 25 man squad outside of the transfer windows.

To get in the Olympics squad, he would actually be better of staying at LA Galaxy, because he''s not going to be that good in the premiership, and that will put whoever is in charge off picking him. He might not get seen live in LA, but every game is available to watch nowadays anyway, so i''m sure if they want Beckham in the squad, they just need to watch a few games on the TV.

Beckham becomes a free agent in November, so can sign for any club then. I can see him moving to another MLS side, like NY Red Bulls to be with Henry or something. Perhaps he''ll stay with LA Galaxy.

Can''t see him moving back to play in the Prem now.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]He still wouldn''t be able to play until January LeJudge, as you can''t add players to the 25 man squad outside of the transfer windows.[/quote]Indeed, your quite correct, I''m still stuck in Championship mode I think..... that applies there, he could sign for a Championship team and play in November. Could QPR then technically sign him in November, and loan him out to a Championship club? I guess the three club rule applies then, but is that a UEFA or FIFA law? Because if its UEFA, then LA Galaxy may not count. I still think that Beckham is past it and largely ineffective. He''s a one trick pony like Delap. One can deliver good set pieces, the other can deliver long throws, but sometimes it isn''t worth having them on the pitch because they can''t do much else.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]To get in the Olympics squad, he would actually be better of staying at LA Galaxy, because he''s not going to be that good in the premiership, and that will put whoever is in charge off picking him. He might not get seen live in LA, but every game is available to watch nowadays anyway, so i''m sure if they want Beckham in the squad, they just need to watch a few games on the TV.[/quote]The MLS season finishes in mid-late November, and the next one starts in March. So he will get more football by signing for QPR in January than he would signing a new deal with LA Galaxy, he''d have three and a half months with no football rather than six weeks. My point is that QPR could effectively sign him in November (but as you point out, not play him)..... if he stays at LA Galaxy, I think we would stuggle to get any LA Galaxy games on TV between mid-November and mid-March mate. Unless of course LA Galaxy agree to loan him out again for a couple of months, like they did when he joined AC Milan, but one would expect their to be much more competition for a low risk short term deal, and that QPR would then miss out. I suspect that somebody like Villa or Spurs would take a punt on him if it is a loan deal.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Gingerpele"]To get in the Olympics squad, he would actually be better of staying at LA Galaxy, because he''s not going to be that good in the premiership, and that will put whoever is in charge off picking him. He might not get seen live in LA, but every game is available to watch nowadays anyway, so i''m sure if they want Beckham in the squad, they just need to watch a few games on the TV.[/quote]The MLS season finishes in mid-late November, and the next one starts in March. So he will get more football by signing for QPR in January than he would signing a new deal with LA Galaxy, he''d have three and a half months with no football rather than six weeks. My point is that QPR could effectively sign him in November (but as you point out, not play him)..... if he stays at LA Galaxy, I think we would stuggle to get any LA Galaxy games on TV between mid-November and mid-March mate. Unless of course LA Galaxy agree to loan him out again for a couple of months, like they did when he joined AC Milan, but one would expect their to be much more competition for a low risk short term deal, and that QPR would then miss out. I suspect that somebody like Villa or Spurs would take a punt on him if it is a loan deal. [/quote]The Olympics also falls in the middle of the MLS season, so far less than ideal.

If Beckham is so bothered about International football, which he clearly is, then one has to ask why he decided to fly to the other side of the world to play in a mickey mouse league which has long been considered the place that once great players fly to have a couple more years of enjoyable football before hanging up their boots. Most big names who move there from Europe or South America normally retire from International football at the same time. He began to look like a shadow of his former self within a year of moving there. Your either a celebrity and fashion icon, or your a serious professional footballer, he tried to be both.

I can''t believe people are even discussing how/when he would sign for them. He has on countless occasions rejected approaches from much bigger Premiership clubs than QPR. Lets face it, money is of no importance for the bloke so if he does join another side after his MLS career it sure as hell won''t be someone like QPR

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I can''t believe people are even discussing how/when he would sign for them. He has on countless occasions rejected approaches from much bigger Premiership clubs than QPR. Lets face it, money is of no importance for the bloke so if he does join another side after his MLS career it sure as hell won''t be someone like QPR[/quote]I can''t believe that you don''t think that money is of no importance to a man who signed a 5 year deal to play for LA Galaxy on $6.5m a year, equivalent to £4m per year, whilst also retaining a huge proportion of his image rights, managed by his own company called Beckham Brand Ltd..... which posted record profits in his first year at LA Galaxy. David and Victoria Beckham are right up there with the most materialistic celebrities in the world, are obsessed with their huge fleet of luxury cars, have a massive global property empire, and take pretty much every promotional job that they are offered. It''s a little like saying that Sir Alan Sugar should be made a saint for his selfless lifetime devotion to curing the sick and feeding the poor in the third world. Your wrong anyway, Beckham was desperate for his move to Spurs, they agreed a deal in January 2011, and it fell through because there were complications over insurance (you know, that insurance policy which insures his legs and feet for $70m, just in case he decides to care about money again?).

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I can''t believe people are even discussing how/when he would sign for them. He has on countless occasions rejected approaches from much bigger Premiership clubs than QPR. Lets face it, money is of no importance for the bloke so if he does join another side after his MLS career it sure as hell won''t be someone like QPR[/quote]

Perhaps QPR Fans should look at past media on him stateing he will never play against Man utd and I think that includes any Premier league club, and as already stated, this guy don''t need the money, in fact he''s got enough to buy QPR himself,   

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I can''t believe people are even discussing how/when he would sign for them. He has on countless occasions rejected approaches from much bigger Premiership clubs than QPR. Lets face it, money is of no importance for the bloke so if he does join another side after his MLS career it sure as hell won''t be someone like QPR[/quote]

Perhaps QPR Fans should look at past media on him stateing he will never play against Man utd and I think that includes any Premier league club, and as already stated, this guy don''t need the money, in fact he''s got enough to buy QPR himself,   

[/quote]They can look at it, but they can subsequently ignore it too. David Beckham has already played against Man Utd, about a year ago in fact, in the Champions League with AC Milan. For Lincs CR, here is a quote by Beckham, just after his period training with Spurs was over:

"My objective was not to play for a Premier League team, and I am grateful to Spurs and Harry for how they looked after me.If there was an option to play then I would have taken it, but without doubt I wanted to go somewhere and train and not take the three months off and sit around doing nothing."

I have to admit I nearly spat my tea over my moniter in laughter when I read this one this morning.There would be a host of clubs who would jump to sign Beckham "IF" he became available. And not just Prem ones. I think its a safe bet that Beckham will never wear a QPR shirt !The last thing Beck''s Olympic bid needs is to be playing for a team battling relegation !!!Totally hilarious bullshite from the Hoops !!!They would be better served trying to get Pele to play for them !!!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]
They would be better served trying to get Pele to play for them !!!
[/quote]

I honestly think they have no chance getting Gary Doherty to play for them.[;)]

I seem to recall that Beckham''s deal with LA included a provision for him to take an ownership stake in the club and some kind of coaching/management role once he retires as well... MLS is slowly becoming a more respectable and competitive league, it''s probably on a par with some of the European leagues these days, so I doubt Beckham would come back over here, unless it''s for a loan deal.

With the three over-age players for the GB Olympic team - One of them will surely be Ryan Giggs? I''d guess Giggs, Beckham and another - probably a Scottish or NI player?

Its not a GB olympic team, Scotland/Wales/NI don''t want to be part of it. Its an English team that will be called GB, because it has to be.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]I seem to recall that Beckham''s deal with LA included a provision for him to take an ownership stake in the club and some kind of coaching/management role once he retires as well... MLS is slowly becoming a more respectable and competitive league, it''s probably on a par with some of the European leagues these days, so I doubt Beckham would come back over here, unless it''s for a loan deal.

With the three over-age players for the GB Olympic team - One of them will surely be Ryan Giggs? I''d guess Giggs, Beckham and another - probably a Scottish or NI player?[/quote]The deal stipulated that at the end of the 5 year deal he had the right to buy an MLS franchise, but your talking about tens of millions, probably £50m plus for the very smallest of clubs (such as San Jose). He doesn''t get anything free, just the right to buy a franchise if one happens to be for sale. If Giggs continues in football past this year then I very much doubt that Ferguson would be happy about a 38 year old playing all that football between 25th July - 11st August, he''d need a big break afterwards!  It would silly in my opinion to invite Beckham or Giggs. The clubs have to grant permission by the way, for the player to participate, the player can''t over rule it if they are under contract. Really can''t imagine Ferguson letting Giggs play that much footy on the eve of the next campaign.A lot of clubs don''t even take three over aged players, Argentina won gold in 2008 and only took Riquelme, Brazil won bronze and only took Ronaldinho. Every time we have a major tournament we name a provisional squad, e.g. 30, then end up taking what... 22 or 23? Maybe due to say a couple of injurys. There are always 3 or 4 highly gutted players who just about miss out. I can''t see Beckham making that 30, so why should he go? If somebody like Joe Cole wants to play, I''d rather see him there. Assuming that Scotland and Wales don''t qualify for the European Championship, then surely our Scottish player should be somebody like Darren Fletcher or Kenny Miller, our Welsh player should be somebody like Craig Bellamy or Robert Earnshaw, and our English player should be the best of the bunch to miss out on our Euro squad, perhaps somebody like Robert Green or Joe Cole?I personally think that you should pick the best available if they want to play. A 38 year old, fast waning, Ryan Giggs who won''t be able to play every 90 minutes, a 36 year old former England captain who probably can''t cut it in the Premiership, has no pace, and is clinging on to a dream that he should have ditched years ago? I''d honestly pick Bellamy, Cole, and Fletcher, if they all want to play.

If Beckham makes himself available to play in the Olympics then he will be selected. Of this I have no doubt. Nobody involved in British football really cares if the Great Britain team (which will only be representing England) wins Olympic gold but everyone involved in the Olympics wants all of the events to be a success. Sadly the best way to ensure this is by inviting a part time free kick taker and his wife and children to the party. Which is a shame for genuine world class athletes like Mo Farah, Dai Greene, Rebecca Addlington, Mark Cavendish and others who have worked their arses off to get there.As for whether he will sign for QPR. Let''s hope so [:D]