Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Pubs showich NCFC games on a Saturday afternoon face prosecution

If Sky are not broadcasting a game but pubs are showing it, then it would be difficult for Sky to claim damages as a result of a loss of business.Norwich City home games are sold-out so it would be difficult for the Premier League to claim loss of business for those games.It is actually in Norwich City''s interests that the local pubs are showing Norwich City games, as those people can''t get a ticket anyway, but will buy merchandise etc. and become the next generation of fans.

Will be interesting to see who shows the Bolton game live ?

Mind you some pubs have not been silly enough to advertise they are showing games.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Good, might encourage more people to go to games, instead of the boozer![/quote]

I didn''t see too many lads who looked like they might have let down their Saturday sides in favour of an afternoon in the pub either as most looked like their playing days were behind them (myself included [:D]).

[/quote]

I don''t know that magic left foot still looked in good condition on the park at the weekend :p

[quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Good, might encourage more people to go to games, instead of the boozer![/quote]

I didn''t see too many lads who looked like they might have let down their Saturday sides in favour of an afternoon in the pub either as most looked like their playing days were behind them (myself included [:D]).

[/quote]

I don''t know that magic left foot still looked in good condition on the park at the weekend :p

[/quote]Your goalkeeping may have made it look a lot better than it really is [:P]

I would say I''m not that old Nutty (I''m 35) but I don''t know how old you have to be in all honesty. My career was ended by a combination of a dodgy knee, a fondness for booze and pies and a bit of an attitude problem (I had my fair share of fall outs with managers and team mates and the yellow and red cards were getting expensive!). I doubt I will play again other than in the park with my kids (and my brother and his nieces as above). I''d love to do some coaching with kids one day but I''m not sure if I could handle the pushy parents to be honest.

It isn''t just kids who need help. Many men''s teams in the county are desparate for help, in fact a few have folded because there is nobody to take reponsibility for the club.

I can understand many ex-players turning their back on the local game that they enjoyed as this often happens, leaving just a few to do the work. But I would imagine the ones that turn their backs and would never think of putting something back into the game for others are those who put little in in the first place. They are probably those who never helped to raise funds for their clubs, always got out of helping to put the nets up or take them down, never took their cars to the away matches etc. etc. etc. We''ve all played with them!

Unfortunately now with Norwich matches being screened live it''s not just players who may let their clubs down. Given the choice of helping to take nets down on a cold, wet winter''s day, then sweeping out changing rooms, collecting match fees, paying refs, sorting out the sandwiches, collecting the dirty kit for the laundry ............ or watching Norwich play live whilst sitting in the pub in the warm ........ then yes, local football could suffer!

35 makes you a veteran Shack[Y] I asked because we have 2 vets teams playing from the club this season and wondered if you''d be paying us a visit. Veterans football is getting quite popular now and I really enjoy having these teams based at our club.

http://www.norfolkfa.com/FixturesAndResults/VeteransLeague/

In my experience parents can be a huge problem in kids football. They can also be supportive and their enthusiasm in many cases is what keeps the teams going. I was very lucky with the team I had at the club. The parents all became friends and took their club very seriously. The kids all enjoyed it and looked forward to Sunday afternoons. The team even used to go on tour in the summer with matches arranged against kids teams abroad. When the kids were too old for the league it must have left a big hole in the lives of the parents but I''m sure they remained friends and still meet socially.

Great post from Yellow Wall and something I was getting at earlier in the thread. Those people who are enthusiastic enough to keep junior clubs going will have added problems with live games being screened at 3pm on a Saturday. I had a team in the Business Houses League for a few years. The manager was really the one who kept it going through his enthusiasm. That''s why I stood by him when we broke the laws playing an unregistered player. Those people are few and far between and usually it''s the enthusiasm of one person that keeps a team alive. Yellow Wall is right when he says local junior football teams usually need more help whether it be on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday morning.