Sign in to follow this  

Afternoon chaps.

Now I''m not on here to be a keyboard warrior and call you inbred I''m here for a discussion.

Ok well done on your promotion, the premier league certainly beats going to places like Ipswich and Doncaster. I do find it quite amusing that some of you are stating that we haven''t bought well.... Swp past it? Name a player in your squad that would get into the man city squad. Joey Barton past it??? Is that a joke. If you had signed him then I think that wouldn''t of been the 1 of things said about him.. And qpr fans certainly wouldn''t of been saying he wouldn''t get into our squad.. We would of been man enough to say..." better then any of our midfielders". Dj campball....or James if we lose I''m going to punch the dressing room door down Vaughan??? Naughton is a very good player an I was gutters we didn''t get him... But no experience, like all of your signings..

And finally "qpr will do a Portsmouth"

Not sure the mittals, fernandes and Phillip Beard would want their names dragged through mud would they... We have been through shit in the last few years but now we are strolling on..

Good luck

Yours sincerely

A cockney banker

Hello and welcome firstly.Frankly don''t like your chances this year mate. I find it quite funny that Colin thinks he can control Joey Barton although crooks like to surround themselves with crooks :)I think a lot of city fans find QPR hardwork because frankly, your not really that good !As said in our thread about you guys, we don''t really rate any of your players.Re: Your comment about no experience that was kinda the plan to be fair. Last time we came up we signed a load of players with "experience" lets call them your Joey Bartons and SWP''s. They sat on said xp and we had a horrific season.This time we have players who want to be in the prem and want to proove themselves rather than just earn a paycheck.We will certainly see come end season but I reckon Norwich will finish above QPR.

[quote user="Mellowhoop.on.tour"]Afternoon chaps.

Now I''m not on here to be a keyboard warrior and call you inbred I''m here for a discussion.

Ok well done on your promotion, the premier league certainly beats going to places like Ipswich and Doncaster. I do find it quite amusing that some of you are stating that we haven''t bought well.... Swp past it? Name a player in your squad that would get into the man city squad. Joey Barton past it??? Is that a joke. If you had signed him then I think that wouldn''t of been the 1 of things said about him.. And qpr fans certainly wouldn''t of been saying he wouldn''t get into our squad.. We would of been man enough to say..." better then any of our midfielders". Dj campball....or James if we lose I''m going to punch the dressing room door down Vaughan??? Naughton is a very good player an I was gutters we didn''t get him... But no experience, like all of your signings..

Not sure the mittals, fernandes and Phillip Beard would want their names dragged through mud would they... We have been through shit in the last few years but now we are strolling on..

Good luck

Yours sincerely

A cockney banker[/quote]Afternoon Cockney W*nker, I thought I''d answer some of your points for you. Cockney''s are from the east end by the way, QPR are not an east London club, that makes you a faux cockney (otherwise known as a mockney)"The premier league certainly beats going to places like Ipswich and Doncaster."Obviously haven''t seen Doncaster''s stadium then, we still have to go to that a sh*thole known as Loftus Road. "Name a player in your squad that would get into the man city squad."None of them, but then neither could any of yours. Before you say Shaun Wright-Phillips, he was a reserve player, he featured in 7 league games for Man City last season. He is no Carlos Tevez. I rate SWP, but I fail to see your point here."Joey Barton past it??? Is that a joke."Past it no, a complete moron yes. I wouldn''t want him anywhere near Carrow Road even if he was the difference between staying in the division and relegation. The man is an animal who shouldn''t be playing football in this country. The first player to do a Muscat on him becomes my hero. We would of been man enough to say..." better then any of our midfielders".He isn''t as good as Wes Hoolahan."Naughton is a very good player an I was gutters we didn''t get him."A good player who isn''t any better than the rest of our starting XI. You have made a couple of decent signings, but Kieron Dyer and Daniel Gabbidon? Are you serious? Kieron Dyer? Kieron Dyer? Kieron Dyer? We just find that hilarious. Don''t understimate players like Steve Morison, Elliott Bennett, Anthony Pilkington, and Ritchie De Laet, all players who will prove to be better than Naughton this year. I look forward to seeing us beat you at Carrow Road. Please excuse me for passing on the opportunity of watching you at Loftus Road, better things to do.

A sensible post there and hopefully this thread will rise above the usual petty insults (it won''t).

For QPR the signings of Ferdinand and Barton are very good, both good players - Barton in particular is a cut above any player Norwich, Blackburn, Swansea, Norwich or Wigan can claim to have in their teams. I do however think SWP is past it, I saw him playing in a Europa game for Man City last year and he was truely woeful, looked slow and his final ball was anything but threatening - if he can get some form he will be a good player, but I can''t see it getting beyond that now his once abundant pace has left him - I don''t say this because you are a ''rival'' I was saying the same thing last year when some people were suggesting Norwich should try to get him on loan.

Your defence is looking good, and a good keeper behind them. I am very unsure about DJ Campbell, he has looked good and awful in equal measure throughout his career, and showed this up and down form last year for Blackpool - he''ll need to the ball on a plate to score, but with Barton you might be able to do that for him.

What are your thought on being able to keep a squad with so many ''characters'' in it in harmony? Dyer, Ferdinand, Barton, Taarabt and SWP all have a history of starting problems if they aren''t happy with the way things are going and Warnock isn''t known for his cuddly charm or man management skills - I''ve always seen him as a manager good at getting the best out of average players, but being able to get good players to raise their game.

Norwich don''t have the strongest squad on paper, but our 3 games so far have shown we don''t give up or downhearted when behind - something which cannot be said for QPR so far this season. If Norwich survive it will be from scrapping out points away from home and some spirited home wins, we won''t blow any teams away this year, but can''t see us getting blown away too often either.

[quote user="Mellowhoop.on.tour"]Afternoon chaps.

Good luck

Yours sincerely

A cockney banker[/quote]

Colin Wankers a lovely guy, and I''m sure all of you bouquet community would agree but let''s be clear about something here - you could give him Barcelona''s squad and I''m not sure he''d have the tactical nous to keep them in the Premier League. Though, understandably, and with respect, I''m not sure how Messi etc would feel about playing inside London''s only 17,000 capacity cow shed...

Thanks for the warm welcome.. I think deep down you would of been happier with our signings then your own...I know that''s tough to admit but come on... We will have to wait and see come the end of season.. I naturally will back us..

Swp has caused problems..and dyer can''t cause an argument from the treatment table...So grant holt isn''t just a target man up top on his own?? Must of missed his step overs and beating a player last season!

Im not overwhelmed by your signings like QPR fans seem to be.  Ferdinand and Barton are two good signings but I''m not to sure about SWP and DJ Campbell, they could either be excellent or horrific.  Also I have never rated Puncheon, Championship at the very best and Dyer and Gabbidon are absolute joke signings.

I was tipping you to come bottom but now I think you might just stay up however what I will say is just like last season you seem to think your a lot better than what you actually are.

Also can Warnock manage that many big names? I''m not to sure.

[quote user="Mellowhoop.on.tour"]Swp has caused problems..and dyer can''t cause an argument from the treatment table...So grant holt isn''t just a target man up top on his own?? Must of missed his step overs and beating a player last season![/quote]

Whats with the Holt dig!?  He scored 23 goals last season, which is more than any QPR player!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

A sensible post there and hopefully this thread will rise above the usual petty insults (it won''t).

For QPR the signings of Ferdinand and Barton are very good, both good players - Barton in particular is a cut above any player Norwich, Blackburn, Swansea, Norwich or Wigan can claim to have in their teams. I do however think SWP is past it, I saw him playing in a Europa game for Man City last year and he was truely woeful, looked slow and his final ball was anything but threatening - if he can get some form he will be a good player, but I can''t see it getting beyond that now his once abundant pace has left him - I don''t say this because you are a ''rival'' I was saying the same thing last year when some people were suggesting Norwich should try to get him on loan.

Your defence is looking good, and a good keeper behind them. I am very unsure about DJ Campbell, he has looked good and awful in equal measure throughout his career, and showed this up and down form last year for Blackpool - he''ll need to the ball on a plate to score, but with Barton you might be able to do that for him.

What are your thought on being able to keep a squad with so many ''characters'' in it in harmony? Dyer, Ferdinand, Barton, Taarabt and SWP all have a history of starting problems if they aren''t happy with the way things are going and Warnock isn''t known for his cuddly charm or man management skills - I''ve always seen him as a manager good at getting the best out of average players, but being able to get good players to raise their game.

Norwich don''t have the strongest squad on paper, but our 3 games so far have shown we don''t give up or downhearted when behind - something which cannot be said for QPR so far this season. If Norwich survive it will be from scrapping out points away from home and some spirited home wins, we won''t blow any teams away this year, but can''t see us getting blown away too often either.

[/quote]I honestly believe that Anton Ferdinand is a distinctly average defender who is prone to frequent lapses in concentration. Nobody can deny that Joey Barton is class, but there is a very good reason why he isn''t playing for the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, or Liverpool...... because they wouldn''t touch him. And they shouldn''t either, that''s why I wouldn''t want him here. I suspect SWP will do OK this year, but I bet he won''t be any better than Elliott Bennett. Shaun Wright-Phillips has never really been any better than Jermaine Pennant. I wouldn''t say past it, but he is a confidence player, he goes through spells of very poor form where he hides or goes missing. Don''t think a team in a relegation battle can afford that kind of luxury. DJ Campbell is an OK striker, his strike record flattered him because of Blackpools gung-ho style, where they put so many players forward. He still needed 5.46 shots per goal. How many chances will QPR create? Yes he is probably a better signing than James Vaughan, but QPR were in greater need of strikers than us, seeing as we had Grant Holt at the club already and Simeon Jackson on fire towards the end of the year, Steve Morison is our star signing up front.I expect us to beat QPR this season at least once. We matched a Stoke team with a better chance, were unlucky not to draw against Chelsea, and really don''t expect them to cause many problems up front.

[quote user="Mellowhoop.on.tour"]Thanks for the warm welcome.. I think deep down you would of been happier with our signings then your own...I know that''s tough to admit but come on... We will have to wait and see come the end of season.. I naturally will back us..[/quote]Actually and honestly no :)Id be happier with your bank roll though !

[quote user="Mellowhoop.on.tour"]Thanks for the warm welcome.. I think deep down you would of been happier with our signings then your own...I know that''s tough to admit but come on... We will have to wait and see come the end of season.. I naturally will back us..[/quote]No way, I''m 100% behind what Lambert and McNally are doing. The sugar daddy model has failed time and time again. This is the sustainable model, the one which doesn''t leave us in the sh*te when your owners get bored of pumping money in. I absolutely love our squad, the only QPR player that I would want here is Tarabt, and I mean that. Lambert isn''t trying to buy survival, he is building a squad, the same thing that he has been working on for the last two seasons. With two consecutive promotions using this exact same model of buying under rated players from the lower leagues, it can''t be argued against.

[quote user="Mellowhoop.on.tour"]Swp has caused problems..and dyer can''t cause an argument from the treatment table...So grant holt isn''t just a target man up top on his own?? Must of missed his step overs and beating a player last season![/quote]21 goals and 14 assists last year. No other striker comparable to those stats in the league, the bloke is class, and the likes of Anton Ferdinand aren''t going to scare him. Just ask Rio Ferdinand whether he rates Grant Holt, he called him a top player on Twitter the other day. Or perhaps Lee Dixon, he will tell you all about how Grant Holt could fit into the Arsenal system.The only player in the league last year to match that is Abel Tarabt, with 19 goals and 16 assists. Grant Holt was as essential to our promotion as Tarabt was to yours. 21 + 14 = 35.............. 19 + 16 = 35. Your defence will be as scared of Holt as ours will be of Tarabt.

[quote user="Mellowhoop.on.tour"]No problem with holt but your tactics were similar to ours

Last year... That''s for the poster who said will Warnock have the brain to keep us up.[/quote]We played 2 strikers up front all year. Have no idea what your talking about with the loan striker rubbish. We mainly played a diamond with two strikers, Hoolahan behind the strikers, two centre mids, a holding midfielder, and four at the back. You played 4-2-3-1. We never played that formation, not once, so get your coat. QPR were the only team in the whole country to play the same formation for every single game. We have played three different formations in three league games. Think Warnock can outwit Lambert? No chance.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Must have missed his step overs[/quote]MacNamee could do a mean step over........ not a lot else....... but a mean step over

Exactly how were our tactics against Stoke odd? Playing attacking football? We nearly won the game!

As for what any other club with their "big signings" think about Norwich, it doesn''t bother me. Our team will perform to 110% of their ability week in, week out.

From what I''ve seen from the 3 games this season, we will be fine. Our team of "unproven" players have no egos, they all want to play for us, rather than just being here for the wages.

How are the egos of Bothroyd, Taarabt, Barton et al going to work together? If they do, then great. But I have a teeny weeny suspicion that they won''t.

I''m not going to be posting in this thread again because despite "not being a keyboard warrior" you clearly are here to cause a fuss.

[quote user="Mellowhoop.on.tour"]Tactics were odd against Stoke 2 weeks ago..[/quote]I know that you haven''t seen anymore than one formation for the past year or so, but 4-4-2 is odd? The most common formation in English football is odd? Blimey, Warnock is rubbing off on the fans too.

To the OP regarding Grant Holt... did you watch the MOTD analysis of Grant Holt vs Terry/Ivanovic? If you did you would understand he and Norwich''s gameplan is much much more than giving it to a big man to win free kicks. His movement off the shoulder of the defense and ability to drag both Terry and Ivanovic (2 world class defenders) out of position was top class.

To be honest, Barton is the best of your bunch, but there is a reason Newcastle let him go for free so you better hope he doesn''t cause off field problems.

The rest on paper are no better then Norwich signings, no worse either! SWP and Bennett, Pilkington is a top class player, our front line has the same make up about it, but when fit our back line is just that bit better.

Saying all this I believe we will both be Premiership next season thanks to Evertons problems, Blackburn having some very poor players and WBA thinking that re-signing old players is the way forward.

In reality QPR fans might be happy with all their signings but I really don''t think I want any of them here, really supprised that Warnock didn''t spend the money on hungry players rather than journeymen pro''s, done that six years ago and it failed.

That was meant to have another comment attached but for some reason hasn''t sent! Would the likes of Helguson and Bothroyd, the bigger strikers of QPR have the ability to drag John Terry out of position and cause a Chelsea defense all sort of problems? I doubt it

Quote user: LeJuge

I honestly believe that Anton Ferdinand is a distinctly average defender who is prone to frequent lapses in concentration.

Well said that man, I cannot understand the amount of people saying he is a good signing.  Couldn''t get into an average Sunderland defence last season and surplus to requirements this.  Just cos he has the same surname he is not as good as Rio.  Prefer to have De Laet.

[quote user="Mellowhoop.on.tour"]Tactics were odd against Stoke 2 weeks ago..[/quote]

How? We played 442 with 2 wingers and two holding midfielders who like to be ''box to box'' players. It is called attacking while keeping the ball on the deck when you can, and when needs be, we could match Stokes tactics and it nearly worked untill some poor defending let Kenwyne Jones in in the last minute to take away our win. Warnocks tactics vs Bolton and Wigan were Alf Ramsay esque weren''t they? Throwing cash at it wont work for a team like QPR. The players will get fed up of Warnock, they aren''t used to playing in grounds the size of a petrol station infront of a crowd the kids get at my old school, and eventually they will all want out. in the mean time you have Adelle The rat, Barton, Ferdinand, SWP and Kenny all wanting to be the top guy at the club and with their egos you are in deep trouble, so enjoy your one season back in the big time, and say hello to The Ipsh*t and Doncaster fans for us next year. We got Thomas Helveg when we were last in the Prem, who used to be the best rb in the world, and he was awful, so experience isnt everything 

[quote user="Indy"]To be honest, Barton is the best of your bunch, but there is a reason Newcastle let him go for free so you better hope he doesn''t cause off field problems.

The rest on paper are no better then Norwich signings, no worse either! SWP and Bennett, Pilkington is a top class player, our front line has the same make up about it, but when fit our back line is just that bit better.

Saying all this I believe we will both be Premiership next season thanks to Evertons problems, Blackburn having some very poor players and WBA thinking that re-signing old players is the way forward.

In reality QPR fans might be happy with all their signings but I really don''t think I want any of them here, really supprised that Warnock didn''t spend the money on hungry players rather than journeymen pro''s, done that six years ago and it failed.[/quote]I''d have DJ Campbell out of the new signings, but he would in no way be guarenteed a starting place, he''d just be a squad player like Simeon Jackson, James Vaughan, and Chris Martin.