Sign in to follow this  
@jayncfc

Password Problems SDP!

Pete, I have been trying to reset my password, change it over the net and on here but it won''t let me! I have sent a few tweets and tried to reply to the emails I have had as it states in the email from the Pink ''Un! It won''t let me.....  HELP??

99% of the time I enter my post and then your system asks me for my password. I enter the password which it accepts but it does not log me in and ignores my post.  I''ve asked to have my password reset about 3 times and have done it but the problem persists. Your site is free but I''m sorry to say it is complete poop as far as stability and useability is concerned and thus I have removed it from my home page.  

Actually, the forum has Archant Norfolks highest turnover of page views out of any of their sites, which has an ad on every view. With rising print costs and decline of readers I thought they would be pumping money into this!

[quote user="jayncfc"]Actually, the forum has Archant Norfolks highest turnover of page views out of any of their sites, which has an ad on every view. With rising print costs and decline of readers I thought they would be pumping money into this!
[/quote]

It''s a good point but the message is not getting through. Even the likes of SDP know the forum is crud so I suspect that Archant are tied into some form of contract with third party suppliers regarding this forum. Why else would they allow the myriad problems and persistent outages to continue?

I''d disagree.... I think that with anything like this they could quite easily leave IF tied into a contract. It is more likely run on Archant''s internal servers by their I.T department but too big to switch over to a new system as they will lose too much of a back log of data. SEO potential and users. After all I think many people would flood to a new site, if this one went down. However, I think alternatives have been offered up and they are not willing to move.It may be poor, but it''s faithful! So people don''t leave!

I never sign out so haven''t had a problem from my computer but can''t log on from my phone, keep getting that my password or user name is wrong.

[quote user="Harry"]I never sign out so haven''t had a problem from my computer but can''t log on from my phone, keep getting that my password or user name is wrong.
[/quote]

I never sign out either.. the system does it randomly of its own accord !! [:@]

Incidentally, it logs me in when it decides to also. I''ve not had login access since this morning. It''s at least refreshing to know that its not just me suffering from this can of worms. [:@]

This is the first time that the system has allowed me in since the 29th..... Please help, Archant !!!!!!!