Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Good Bye Cody McDonald !

You say you''ve watched football for decades but then right LOL in 90% of your posts, i don''t think anyone who has been alive for that long even uses LOL, especially not at the rate you use it.

Time will not prove who is right, Cody MacDonald has left, and can never prove he could have done anything here. Coventry aren''t us, they are a different team, in a different league with a different style different players different coaches, doesn''t matter what he does this season, we know he''s can score goals thats not the question, the only thing that can be debated is what he could have done for us, and we will never know. I personally trust Lambert''s decision to sell him, even though i think he''s a good player over any other opinion, he could score 30 goals every season for the rest of his career and single handedly win the World Cup for England, i still wouldn''t question Lambert''s decision to sell him.

Why? You really don''t explain anything, or actually give reasons for your opinions, you just say something, then LOL in any other reply.

Firstly explain why people will be shocked by my last post.

Then explain why Cody Mac is a wonderful footballer, and not just a half decent goal scorer at lower league level.

Then explain why someone who has been watching football for decades, and not a 15 year old girl writes LOL so much and uses smilies in nearly every reply (and only in the subject title, not in the actual message)

Gingerpele, stop taking it all so personally. Let''s clear up with the following shall we?

End of the day, the ''Cody lovers'':

1. Think that he''s good enough to be in the squad, and is a player we''ve been needing for a long while.

2. Are annoyed that there were 2 free spaces left in the squad registrations.

3. Feel that there was a possible breakdown between player and manager (I feel he wasn''t happen to be loaned out again and wanted to settle somewhere he could call home).

''Cody---urm---not-so-lovers/realists:

1. Have 100% trust in Lambert, and stands by his decision whatever as they feel he has earnt it.

2. Now feel that if he were to score 30 next season it''s no proof that he would/could fit into our squad, and things should move on.

There we go, we can end it on that, as we''ll never agree as the points cannot be argued against one another.

Will just end my contribution to say that we may not have achieved back-to-back promotions without Gunn''s signing of Grant Holt. That''s not a dig at Paul Lambert but worth remembering that alot of our promotion credit goes to the players, not JUST the manager.

Yep, that sums it up well. The fact is that if Cody signed for Man U and scored 50 goals next season he would still be deemed not good enough for us because Lambert said so.  

Unlike Henri Lansbury who made it clear that his ultimate ambition was to play regularly for Arsenal, Cody didn''t express the same ambition. He made it quite obvious he would be happy to go back to Gillingham and that would have been noted by Lanbert.......http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/cody_is_keen_on_extending_his_gillingham_stay_1_843885Also worth noting Lambert''s assesment of the various leagues in that article. 2+2= Lambert had no choice other than to sell an uncommitted player.

Division 3/ League two top goal scorers 93-11

‘93 D. Foreman, C. Griffins 27 goals

‘94 T. Ellis 26 goals

‘95 D. Freedman 24 goals

‘96 S.White, A. Saville 29 goals

‘97 G. Jones 31 goals

‘98 Gary Jones 28 goals

‘99 M. Gabbiadini 23 goals

‘00 M. Gabbiadini 24 goals

‘01 B. Zamora 28 goals

‘02 S. Howard 24 goals

‘03 A Morrell 34 goals

‘04 S. Maclean 23 goals

‘05 P.Jevons 27 goals

‘06 K. Hawley 23 goals

‘07 R. Barker, I. Mclean 21 goals

‘08 A. Mclean 29 goals

‘09 G. Holt, J.Lester 20 goals

‘10 L. Hughes 30 goals

‘11 C. Donaldson 28 goals

Apart from Bobby Zamora, how many of these are currently house hold premier league names? One swallow doesn''t make a summer! Good luck Cody all the best, but seriosly people get over yourselves and move on!