Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Which Footie teams do our players support?

I just wondered if anyone knows which football teams our players support. I know they all play with pride and passion for the mighty Norwich City but they must support other teams. Any ideas????

Yeah Aaron Wilbraham is a massive ipswich fan....just thought I''d add another reason for people to hate him...or perhaps even a legitamate reason!

Vaughan - Huddersfield

Pilkington - Blackburn

Super Chris - Norwich

Morrison - Liverpool

Lappin - Deportivo la Coruna

Do players really support teams in the same way fans do?

For instance I doubt Hucks grew up following caring about Norwich at all, but now he''s as big a supporter as any of us.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Doesn''t Holt support Carlisle United?[/quote]

That would be my best guess. Although you never know, he might have a soft spot for Man Utd.

[/quote]Grant Holt doesn''t have soft spots, just ask John Terry.  [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/222940172066angrysmilies-1.jpg[/IMG]

I know he doesn''t play for us (just before some1 points it out) Chris Cohen is a Norwich fan [:D] at least a player with sense even if he does play for forest

Surely Zac Whitbread is a booster for the Houston Dynamo since it is where he was born and lived for the 1st 20 - 25 minutes of his life before his family moved back to the NE of England.

(to the tune of Karma Chameleon)

Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on Dynamo, Dynamo, Dynamo-woah-ooh.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Do players really support teams in the same way fans do?

For instance I doubt Hucks grew up following caring about Norwich at all, but now he''s as big a supporter as any of us.[/quote]

Think Huckerby was a Forest fan growing up. And I am pretty sure most players supported a team as a kid. Your point is fair though, maybe having football as your job changes your perspective on the whole fan thing.

Oh and totally not relevant but Paul Scholes supports Oldham and regularly used to watch them when he wasn''t turning out for Man Utd.

Pilks has still got a soft spot for Huddersfield. He was there watching them play today.

[quote user="jedi"]Declan rudd supports/supported Ipshit, I know his half cousin.[/quote]No, surely not...he must be a City fan!Gutted by this.

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="jedi"]Declan rudd supports/supported Ipshit, I know his half cousin.[/quote]No, surely not...he must be a City fan!Gutted by this.[/quote]

It''s well known that Master Rudd''s family come from Diss - I know some of them do support that lot south of the border but I''m sure I read an article where Declan said he used to watch Norwich when he was growing up ... would be an odd thing to do if he supported IpshT ??

[quote user="Lambert is god"]

"Slightly diverting away, but didn''t Ruel used to support Ipswich?"

Ah, but to even things up Clive Woods played for Ipswich most of his career and supported Norwich.

[/quote]he did... I can remember Bobby Robson saying in an interview that when Ipswich won Woods went straight into the dressing room, put grand stand on and started watching for Norwich''s result!

[quote user="jedi"]Declan rudd supports/supported Ipshit, I know his half cousin.[/quote]

Rudd said in one of the programmes last season that he supports Norwich and used to sit in the Riverend.

I''m just saying what i''ve been told. But he''s hardly going to say he supported Ipswich and can''t wait to play for them one day is he? He probably does support norwich now. Either way he''s our player.