Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

I hope Steve Morison gets a hatrick tonight....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Football= Business/career

Every football club/Football Association/organisation is a business and therefor a money making organisation.

Every Football, is playing football as a career, therefore trying to make as much money for themselves as possible. Everything else comes second.

Anyone who could even think otherwise or thinks it should be any other way is deluded.[/quote]You''re right Ginger... and as your namesake Pele once described football as the ''beautiful game''... he himself has cashed in nicely over the years.An England cap now only means a rise in the player''s brand and more sponsorship and more media attention. Although I admire Beckham in many ways, he too just wanted to keep his brand in the media via the England team and by going to America to play he took it Stateside.Nice work if you can get... but it doesn''t have much to do with the game of football.

I agree with you in general, Cluck, but I think that''s a bit harsh on Becks. Doesn''t strike me he needs more of a profile - it always seemed, that unlike so many of the others, he really loved playing for England.

I''m English so i hope we win but i would love to see Crofts & Morison give a good account of themselves and stay injury free.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Wish all you English Norwich fans (if you are welsh or other home nations then fair enough) would sod off with all this "hope our boys score against England as I hate them crap."

Yes I hope they give a good account of themselves and gain some confidence from it. I also sincerely hope neither get injured. If one of them happens to nab a consolation goal from it once we are out of sight then all the better. However other than that I hope England (my nation) smash Wales (not my nation) tonight. I simply don''t understand any Englishman who hopes otherwise. And i say this as someone who would take club success over country every time (and who was delighted to see Morrison score the other night.)[/quote]

agree 100% ... Don''t understand the mentality of some of the people on here!

I would like England to win, but I would be no means gutted at all if we lost - probably even find it quite funny. If Morison/Crofts score tonight it would be nice going into school tomorrow and bragging about it!! [:)]By the way, it''s MORISON not Morrison like 50% of us seem to think!

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Coelho"]Well I''m going to Wembley, so I hope that England win despite heroic efforts from Crofts and Morison. And no Joe Hart howlers please! Much as I like John Ruddy, Hart has the potential to become the best England goalkeeper since Gordon Banks.
[/quote]

Joe Hart has the potential to be the best since Gordon Banks? I for one would put Peter Shilton and Ray Clemence far nearer Gordon Banks than Joe Hart will ever be.

[/quote] Guess you haven''t seen much of Joe Hart then? He is a very good GK. I haven''t seen any of the ones you''ve mentioned, other than in very short clips because i''m too young. But Joe Hart is very good, and anyway you can''t really compare because the game is completely different now....[/quote]

Rather a strange post GP as you question whether i have seen much of Joe Hart but then say you are too young to know anything about Shilton or Clemence who i claimed were better than Hart will ever be.I may just be right then if you know no different.[;)]

Suprised by the lack of support for England, quite sad really. I think Capelo has really got a grip of things over the last year. Giving the younger players a chance and all that. No one, bar Rooney and maybe Hart is garunteed to start at the moment. It seems all the pre madonnas have been given the reality check. I like the progress we have made and I am more than happy with my countries football team right now.

Though I would love to see them concede a few tonight. Weve pretty much already qualified anyway.

[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/ComeOnEngland_1280x1024-1.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Is it wrong that I want Norwich players to do well?I just don''t care about England anymore....[/quote]I think your loyalty here is slightly misplaced.  If it was Crofts and Morison''s lifetime ambition to play for Norwich City and they were local lads, I could understand it more.  But as it is, you''d rather side with a highly paid footballer on a two year contract solely because he''s currently playing for the club you support, and turn your back on the country which has given you an upbringing, and provided you with an education (apparently) amongst other things.So no, it''s not wrong but I do find your priorities more than a bit sad.I''d settle for Morison coming off without getting injured and hopefully at some point accidentally elbowing John Terry in the face.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Is it wrong that I want Norwich players to do well?I just don''t care about England anymore....[/quote]I think your loyalty here is slightly misplaced.  If it was Crofts and Morison''s lifetime ambition to play for Norwich City and they were local lads, I could understand it more.  But as it is, you''d rather side with a highly paid footballer on a two year contract solely because he''s currently playing for the club you support, and turn your back on the country which has given you an upbringing, and provided you with an education (apparently) amongst other things.So no, it''s not wrong but I do find your priorities more than a bit sad.I''d settle for Morison coming off without getting injured and hopefully at some point accidentally elbowing John Terry in the face.[/quote]More than a little melodramatic Chops (highly out of character one might also say).

Just a passing note on this discussion, can we save the rather out of place patriotism for when ships are crossing the English Channel waving flags depicting Swastika''s and black eagles, please? One is left feeling it all to be hammy and rather cringeworthy. A'' thankyou.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Coelho"]Well I''m going to Wembley, so I hope that England win despite heroic efforts from Crofts and Morison. And no Joe Hart howlers please! Much as I like John Ruddy, Hart has the potential to become the best England goalkeeper since Gordon Banks.[/quote]

Joe Hart has the potential to be the best since Gordon Banks? I for one would put Peter Shilton and Ray Clemence far nearer Gordon Banks than Joe Hart will ever be.

[/quote] Guess you haven''t seen much of Joe Hart then? He is a very good GK. I haven''t seen any of the ones you''ve mentioned, other than in very short clips because i''m too young. But Joe Hart is very good, and anyway you can''t really compare because the game is completely different now....[/quote]

Rather a strange post GP as you question whether i have seen much of Joe Hart but then say you are too young to know anything about Shilton or Clemence who i claimed were better than Hart will ever be.I may just be right then if you know no different.[;)]

[/quote]Still putting people down for their own views despite what lots of posters have said about you over the weekend. You must be related to an elephant.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Is it wrong that I want Norwich players to do well?

I just don''t care about England anymore....
[/quote]

I think your loyalty here is slightly misplaced.  If it was Crofts and Morison''s lifetime ambition to play for Norwich City and they were local lads, I could understand it more.  But as it is, you''d rather side with a highly paid footballer on a two year contract solely because he''s currently playing for the club you support, and turn your back on the country which has given you an upbringing, and provided you with an education (apparently) amongst other things.

So no, it''s not wrong but I do find your priorities more than a bit sad.

I''d settle for Morison coming off without getting injured and hopefully at some point accidentally elbowing John Terry in the face.
[/quote]

More than a little melodramatic Chops (highly out of character one might also say).

Just a passing note on this discussion, can we save the rather out of place patriotism for when ships are crossing the English Channel waving flags depicting Swastika''s and black eagles, please? One is left feeling it all to be hammy and rather cringeworthy. A'' thankyou.
[/quote]

John.

I really do try to see things from your point of view but,alas, one cannot crawl up one''s "arris" as far as you.

[quote user="Drurys Testamonials"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Coelho"]Well I''m going to Wembley, so I hope that England win despite heroic efforts from Crofts and Morison. And no Joe Hart howlers please! Much as I like John Ruddy, Hart has the potential to become the best England goalkeeper since Gordon Banks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Still putting people down for their own views despite what lots of posters have said about you over the weekend. You must be related to an elephant.
[/quote]

Take note of what GP said about me not seeing too much of Joe Hart and please tell me what that was if it was not putting me down for my view but hey your own snidey little remark about me being related to an elephant must have made you feel good sitting behind your laptop.Trying looking at both sides pal.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Is it wrong that I want Norwich players to do well?I just don''t care about England anymore....[/quote]I think your loyalty here is slightly misplaced.  If it was Crofts and Morison''s lifetime ambition to play for Norwich City and they were local lads, I could understand it more.  But as it is, you''d rather side with a highly paid footballer on a two year contract solely because he''s currently playing for the club you support, and turn your back on the country which has given you an upbringing, and provided you with an education (apparently) amongst other things.So no, it''s not wrong but I do find your priorities more than a bit sad.I''d settle for Morison coming off without getting injured and hopefully at some point accidentally elbowing John Terry in the face.[/quote]More than a little melodramatic Chops (highly out of character one might also say).

Just a passing note on this discussion, can we save the rather out of place patriotism for when ships are crossing the English Channel waving flags depicting Swastika''s and black eagles, please? One is left feeling it all to be hammy and rather cringeworthy. A'' thankyou.[/quote]

John.

I really do try to see things from your point of view but,alas, one cannot crawl up one''s "arris" as far as you.

[/quote]What''s with all the ''one'' malark Arthur? This isn''t 1950''s Britannia.As for my endeavours, you''d be surprised. One might say it''s very Introspective.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Is it wrong that I want Norwich players to do well?

I just don''t care about England anymore....
[/quote]

I think your loyalty here is slightly misplaced.  If it was Crofts and Morison''s lifetime ambition to play for Norwich City and they were local lads, I could understand it more.  But as it is, you''d rather side with a highly paid footballer on a two year contract solely because he''s currently playing for the club you support, and turn your back on the country which has given you an upbringing, and provided you with an education (apparently) amongst other things.

So no, it''s not wrong but I do find your priorities more than a bit sad.

I''d settle for Morison coming off without getting injured and hopefully at some point accidentally elbowing John Terry in the face.
[/quote]

More than a little melodramatic Chops (highly out of character one might also say).

[/quote]

John.

[/quote]

What''s with all the ''one'' malark Arthur? This isn''t 1950''s Britannia.

As for my endeavours, you''d be surprised. One might say it''s very Introspective.
[/quote]

Oh come on Johnny lad. Reading your posts is like deciphering the enigma code sometimes! Jeez this is a Football forum, not a Guardinista foot stool for the left wing "oh look at me" Elite. Christ,give the billy big bollocks bullshit a miss and come back to Football banter. Far to many twats on the net giving it the "t''internet" Big''un. LAYMAN TERMS PLEASE INSTEAD OF SOME SHITE YOU LEARNT FROM A TWAT IN A UNI...CYCLE!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="John"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="John"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Is it wrong that I want Norwich players to do well?I just don''t care about England anymore....[/quote]I think your loyalty here is slightly misplaced.  If it was Crofts and Morison''s lifetime ambition to play for Norwich City and they were local lads, I could understand it more.  But as it is, you''d rather side with a highly paid footballer on a two year contract solely because he''s currently playing for the club you support, and turn your back on the country which has given you an upbringing, and provided you with an education (apparently) amongst other things.So no, it''s not wrong but I do find your priorities more than a bit sad.I''d settle for Morison coming off without getting injured and hopefully at some point accidentally elbowing John Terry in the face.[/quote]More than a little melodramatic Chops (highly out of character one might also say).

Just a passing note on this discussion, can we save the rather out of place patriotism for when ships are crossing the English Channel waving flags depicting Swastika''s and black eagles, please? One is left feeling it all to be hammy and rather cringeworthy. A'' thankyou.[/quote]

John.

[/quote]What''s with all the ''one'' malark Arthur? This isn''t 1950''s Britannia.As for my endeavours, you''d be surprised. One might say it''s very Introspective.[/quote]

Oh come on Johnny lad. Reading your posts is like deciphering the enigma code sometimes! Jeez this is a Football forum, not a Guardinista foot stool for the left wing "oh look at me" Elite. Christ,give the billy big bollocks bullshit a miss and come back to Football banter. Far to many twats on the net giving it the "t''internet" Big''un. LAYMAN TERMS PLEASE INSTEAD OF SOME SHITE YOU LEARNT FROM A TWAT IN A UNI...CYCLE!

[/quote]... [^o)]After your done grinding your teeth Arthur, i would suggest that by the same token why take "t''internet" so very seriously? My objective on here has also never been to numb to the mind or have my mind numbed; so excuse the jargon if it conflicts with yours.

In light of all that, i really should put the preview page to use from time to time.

Not that I''m biased or anything but Crofty was the best player on that pitch, Rooney barely got a look in. Won almost every tackle and barely gave the ball away. Yet they gave MoM to Ramsey. Good shift by Moro as well, didn''t look injured as he went off thankfully.

Didn''t think Crofts was best player on the pitch, in fact i only noticed Crofts a few times.... He did what he had to do well enough, didn''t have a bad game, but if you think that he was the best player on the pitch, then that says a lot about the game as a whole, as he''s had loads of better performances for Norwich.

[quote user="John"]In light of all that, i really should put the preview page to use from time to time.
[/quote]

John, you would be much better served by taking Arthur''s advice in the first instance, thereby eliminating the need for preview. You do tend to "overcook" the waxing of eloquence.