Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

I hope Steve Morison gets a hatrick tonight....

I hope he gets a hatrick, Crofts bags a screamer and every goal is a Joe Hart howler so that Ruddy claims the England number 1 shirt.

However, I still hope the final score is 5-4 to England.

Well I''m going to Wembley, so I hope that England win despite heroic efforts from Crofts and Morison. And no Joe Hart howlers please! Much as I like John Ruddy, Hart has the potential to become the best England goalkeeper since Gordon Banks.

I was thinking about starting a new thread on this subject. What with the interest of City players in the Wales team, do City supporters have devided loyalties. Me I would like to see the city players do well for Wales, even if it means that England lose. That does not mean that I am not proud to be English, as I am.

I would prefer to see him score a hat-trick next week against the Baggies rather than a Country I care about!

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Is it wrong that I want Norwich players to do well?

I just don''t care about England anymore....
[/quote]

Nowt wrong in that.....just don''t moan if Liverpool come calling in January...because he''d walk imo.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Is it wrong that I want Norwich players to do well?I just don''t care about England anymore....[/quote]

Nowt wrong in that.....just don''t moan if Liverpool come calling in January...because he''d walk imo.

[/quote]Are you implying that Liverpool would bid for Andrew Crofts or Steve Morison, or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?!

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Is it wrong that I want Norwich players to do well?

[/quote]

Agree 1000000% with you on that one! I''d take a Wales 2-0 win with goals from Moro and Crofts anyday, think what it''d do to their confidence aswell!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Are you implying that Liverpool would bid for Andrew Crofts or Steve Morison, or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?!
[/quote]

In essance yes, I guess, A Liverpool OR a bigger club than us could well bid for a striker who can score on a regular basis at International level.

Remember Ashton.

Someone on 606 said Alex Ferguson was the reason England won on Friday (which is stupid) because there were "a load of Man United players playing". When Robbie Savage asked who they were, he could only come up with Smalling, Young and Rooney. Does that mean if Wales play well enough to/or get anything out of the game against England, surely Lambert was the mastermind behind the Welsh performance [;)]  Seriously though, I''d rather see our Norwich players for Wales play well rather than England. I think the players are now more concerned about getting a place in their club''s first eleven rather than the national sides and not risk missing a week or two of Prem football. 

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Is it wrong that I want Norwich players to do well?I just don''t care about England anymore....[/quote]

[/quote]Are you implying that Liverpool would bid for Andrew Crofts or Steve Morison, or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?![/quote]

In essance yes, I guess, A Liverpool OR a bigger club than us could well bid for a striker who can score on a regular basis at International level.

Remember Ashton.

[/quote]Eh? Dean Ashton who had one international appearance, in which he didn''t score? I''m confused.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Are you implying that Liverpool would bid for Andrew Crofts or Steve Morison, or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?!
[/quote]

Remember Ashton.

[/quote]
Eh? Dean Ashton who had one international appearance, in which he didn''t score? I''m confused.
[/quote]

What I''m trying to say, very badly! is if Morison does extra well, that alerts other clubs....and remember how quick he dumped Millwall when we come calling!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Are you implying that Liverpool would bid for Andrew Crofts or Steve Morison, or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?![/quote]

Remember Ashton.

[/quote]Eh? Dean Ashton who had one international appearance, in which he didn''t score? I''m confused.[/quote]

What I''m trying to say, very badly! is if Morison does extra well, that alerts other clubs....and remember how quick he dumped Millwall when we come calling!

[/quote]Liverpool will not go for a 28 year old forward who managed to score against Montenegro. Yes he is a great player for a lower to mid Prem team but he is not the same standard as Suarez, van Persie or even Pavlyuchenko (sp?).

Whilst I am disillusioned with England and have been since the last World Cup the main thing I want is for Crofts and Morrisson to come away with good performances under their belts and no injuries.

Davo

Good luck to both our lads, hope they have a great game and both score [:D]

Wish all you English Norwich fans (if you are welsh or other home nations then fair enough) would sod off with all this "hope our boys score against England as I hate them crap."

Yes I hope they give a good account of themselves and gain some confidence from it. I also sincerely hope neither get injured. If one of them happens to nab a consolation goal from it once we are out of sight then all the better. However other than that I hope England (my nation) smash Wales (not my nation) tonight. I simply don''t understand any Englishman who hopes otherwise. And i say this as someone who would take club success over country every time (and who was delighted to see Morrison score the other night.)

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Wish all you English Norwich fans (if you are welsh or other home nations then fair enough) would sod off with all this "hope our boys score against England as I hate them crap." Yes I hope they give a good account of themselves and gain some confidence from it. I also sincerely hope neither get injured. If one of them happens to nab a consolation goal from it once we are out of sight then all the better. However other than that I hope England (my nation) smash Wales (not my nation) tonight. I simply don''t understand any Englishman who hopes otherwise. And i say this as someone who would take club success over country every time (and who was delighted to see Morrison score the other night.)[/quote]

Everyone''s entitled to their own opinion Jim, would be a very dull world if not [:)]

I hope both put in a good performance, if they can come back buoyed then great, a draw, win or whatever.

To be honest as I have said I am a club before country guy and afraid I rarely watch any england games unless they are in knockout football.

Because qualification football is boring, simple as. I cannot be bothered until it is knockout. So I watch england very rarely and have had enough of a system that provides us with mediocre international players. But a media and fan base that believe we are exceptional. In knockout football we have struggled beyond belief.

Am I patriotic with sport, not really. But that is another debate, in football club before country and hence I want our boys to come back in good spirits and not injured.

To get me interested in any other football other than Norwich it has to be knockout football and players etc that I respect (again a huge debate for another day).

Don''t get me wrong Jim it''s not that I ''hate'' England or even dislike them, it''s just that I have no interest in England.

I love to see Norwich players doing well no matter if it''s for us or their national sides.

The England players didn''t exactly seem bothered after the world cup, remember them laughing and joking on the plane after the Germany game? So why should we all hope the Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool players beat a team with 2 Norwich players in it?

[quote user="ryan1992"]The England players didn''t exactly seem bothered after the world cup, remember them laughing and joking on the plane after the Germany game? So why should we all hope the Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool players beat a team with 2 Norwich players in it?[/quote]

No-one died they still can smile! Laugh! They are playing for England! And I support my Country!

I hope the City players play well I dont want Wales to win as jim Smith said i hope we hammer them!

And the Norwich players come back injury free and ready to win for the club I support!

i''ve been fairly disillusioned with England since WC 2010 so, whilst i don''t hope they lose, i just don''t really care.  i''ll be watching with interest in Morison and Crofts and hope they come away injury free.  if no Norwich players were playing, i really wouldn''t bother watching it... much like on Friday.

[quote user="Coelho"]Well I''m going to Wembley, so I hope that England win despite heroic efforts from Crofts and Morison. And no Joe Hart howlers please! Much as I like John Ruddy, Hart has the potential to become the best England goalkeeper since Gordon Banks.
[/quote]

Joe Hart has the potential to be the best since Gordon Banks? I for one would put Peter Shilton and Ray Clemence far nearer Gordon Banks than Joe Hart will ever be.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Remember Ashton.

[/quote]
Eh? Dean Ashton who had one international appearance, in which he didn''t score? I''m confused.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Its called a promotion. If you were working for a company, and a bigger company offered you a job on a higher wage, you wouldn''t say no. And then 6 months later if an even bigger company made you a better offer, you would take that. To me it appears many people forget that football is a career for these players, and in most careers/life the aim is to earn as much money as you can. In different careers you get different motivations other than money as well, in Football it could be playing for your home club, playing in the top leagues, for your country etc, but essentially it all comes down to money, its why is Nasri had offers from Man.U he went to Man.C anyway because they would have offered him more money, even though Man.U are champions.

It seems know one really cares about England anymore, which is sad. I''m not the most patriotic person, but I support England/GB in any competition because i am English/British. For the sake of Norwich, yes it would be nice if Morrison and Crofts played well, but i''m an England fan so i want England to win. (And they will, Wales are rubbish. England aren''t rubbish, we just don''t win big competitions, but we normally qualify with ease, its just teams like Argentina, Germany, France, Brazil, Spain are/do better in big competitions normally, losses to Portugal perviously were a bit rubbish though)

So in a perfect world, England will win something like 2-1, 3-2 so Morrison can score, but England still win.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Coelho"]Well I''m going to Wembley, so I hope that England win despite heroic efforts from Crofts and Morison. And no Joe Hart howlers please! Much as I like John Ruddy, Hart has the potential to become the best England goalkeeper since Gordon Banks.
[/quote]

Joe Hart has the potential to be the best since Gordon Banks? I for one would put Peter Shilton and Ray Clemence far nearer Gordon Banks than Joe Hart will ever be.

[/quote]

Guess you haven''t seen much of Joe Hart then? He is a very good GK. I haven''t seen any of the ones you''ve mentioned, other than in very short clips because i''m too young. But Joe Hart is very good, and anyway you can''t really compare because the game is completely different now....

England = Premier League.....Both have nothing to do with football and everything to do with money.

Football= Business/career

Every football club/Football Association/organisation is a business and therefor a money making organisation.

Every Football, is playing football as a career, therefore trying to make as much money for themselves as possible. Everything else comes second.

Anyone who could even think otherwise or thinks it should be any other way is deluded.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I personally don''t think anyone can get near Gordon Banks as England''s greatest goalkeeper. He is a world cup winner and some of the saves he made like the one from Pele simply defy belief.

However Hart for me could certainly be up there. He is at a club with unlimited spending power and the fact they havent attempted to sign someone like Neuer, De Gea or Akinfeev to replace him says to me that he is regarded as being in that bracket of quality.

what a stupid thread this is. If you are English and don''t want us to win tonight because Wales have 2 city players in the team then you are a moron.

I hope that neither of them play as it means they will be fresher for Sunday and there will be no chance of them picking up injuries.