Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

Who is going to Bolton?!

Got our tickets on Tuesday Snakepit Lass but can i just make an observation without being accused of being the Forum Police? Why do you start similar threads leading up to away games as in Wigan and Chelsea and now Bolton? Just asking that is all and not having a go.

Yep got my tickets thismorning, and I''m guessing you started this thread because you wanted to know who was going to Bolton as opposed to who was going to Chelsea or Wigan. Seems pretty simple really, but there you go.

Sure you were acting a tool to other people on other threads mr Tilson, just wondering why you feel the need to do it on multiple threads?

Know anywhere good for a pint or two in Bolton Snakepit lass?

Got our tickets on Tuesday Snakepit Lass but can i just make an observation without being accused of being the Forum Police? Why do you start similar threads leading up to away games as in Wigan and Chelsea and now Bolton? Just asking that is all and not having a go.

yes i know i have its called build up to games asking about where to drink park etc

There are a number of bars on the nearby Middlebrook Retail Park (Reebok Stadium is on the Middlebrook Retail estate). However most of these have bouncers on the doors that only admit home fans on production of a matchday or season ticket, There are though plenty of eating outlets on the Retail Park; KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut and a Bolton Wanderers themed McDonalds as well as several other themed restaurants. Whilst inside the stadium there is the usual array of pies, rollover hot dogs & burgers on sale.

Steve Openshaw recommends the Bromilow Arms; "from the M61, go past the stadium on your left, move into the right hand filter lane and turn right at the traffic lights into Lostock Lane, and about half a mile down on the left is the Bromilow Arms. Good ale, friendly atmosphere, free car parking. Ten minutes walk away from ground". I have personally visited this pub on a number of occasions now. Each time I have been impressed with the warm welcome and the good mix of home and away fans. The small pub has a country feel, serves good real ale from the local Bank Top Brewery and food from a lunchtime snack menu. All in all it was a gem! Plus if you ask nicely they will also allow you to leave your car in their car park, while you go off to watch the match.

There is also the Beehive Pub near to the ground where you can also park your car (see below). Otherwise alcohol is served within the ground, although for some games such as local derbies, the Club opt not to sell any. Or on my last visit alcohol was available to away supporters before the game but not at half time, much to the annoyance of the travelling fans.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Got our tickets on Tuesday Snakepit Lass but can i just make an observation without being accused of being the Forum Police? Why do you start similar threads leading up to away games as in Wigan and Chelsea and now Bolton? Just asking that is all and not having a go.[/quote]Evenin'' all.               Whilst patrolling my PC (computer that is, not police constable) in a southerly direction I came across this person (believed to be female) acting in a very suspicious manner. The young lady was unaware of my presence as I was approaching from her rear (a tactic I have found very successful over the years) when I distinctly heard her asking passers-by if they were going to Bolton. When I challenged her, it quickly became obvious she was a repeat offender as she immediately replied "I did it last week at Chelsea and Wigan a couple of weeks before that". Now, this clearly isn''t normal behaviour for a young female person, so I shuffled into a shop doorway and made contact with my HQ through my clip-on radio which was positioned at the front of my left shoulder. After making extensive enquiries it was established that there had been no sudden recent increase in shoplifting, prostitution or burglary''s in either Chelsea or Wigan. As in the case of last week where someone broke into the nick and stole all the toilet pans, I have nothing to go on. But let me assure you, the general public, I shall be keeping a close eye on this young female person in the future and, at the first opportunity, I shall slip the cuffs on her, give her a stiff dressing down, and make sure she is bound over.                                            Your loyal servant.....PC Unpromotable.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Got our tickets on Tuesday Snakepit Lass but can i just make an observation without being accused of being the Forum Police? Why do you start similar threads leading up to away games as in Wigan and Chelsea and now Bolton? Just asking that is all and not having a go.[/quote]

Evenin'' all.

Whilst patrolling my PC (computer that is, not police constable) in a southerly direction I came across this person (believed to be female) acting in a very suspicious manner. The young lady was unaware of my presence as I was approaching from her rear (a tactic I have found very successful over the years) when I distinctly heard her asking passers-by if they were going to Bolton. When I challenged her, it quickly became obvious she was a repeat offender as she immediately replied "I did it last week at Chelsea and Wigan a couple of weeks before that". Now, this clearly isn''t normal behaviour for a young female person, so I shuffled into a shop doorway and made contact with my HQ through my clip-on radio which was positioned at the front of my left shoulder. After making extensive enquiries it was established that there had been no sudden recent increase in shoplifting, prostitution or burglary''s in either Chelsea or Wigan. As in the case of last week where someone broke into the nick and stole all the toilet pans, I have nothing to go on. But let me assure you, the general public, I shall be keeping a close eye on this young female person in the future and, at the first opportunity, I shall slip the cuffs on her, give her a stiff dressing down, and make sure she is bound over.

Your loyal servant.....PC Unpromotable.
[/quote]

Does Crafty know one of my dogs is on the loose MEGALOL. Please don''t worry about be having nothing to go on as Dung Can will help me out and Nutty will let me have one of his bog rolls.[H]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Does Crafty know one of my dogs is on the loose MEGALOL. Please don''t worry about be having nothing to go on as Dung Can will help me out and Nutty will let me have one of his bog rolls.[H][/quote]Just as long as you aim for the inner circle. Can''t have you splattering the world and his wife.....

I was going to go but my eldest lad is in a swimming gala in Norwich that day.[IMG]http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons1/487/4877979/38_2009/d964cf86c5423c34_sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-emoticon-000346-large.gif[/IMG]

The Northampton branch will be in attendance again, last time I went to Bolton away was nearly 20 years ago and we lost in the 1/4 final of the League Cup! Anybody else there at the game?

Was the 1-0 at Burnden Park on a Tuesday night? If it is I was there, went to the Reebock on our last foray into the Prem.

I certainly was, I went out with a Bolton girl many years ago and always kept an eye on their results and been to most games between us ever since.

I''ll be there, my first ever away PL game as I was too young to go last time! Long journey, and I am going somebody who gets bad travel sickness and who has never been to an away game in his life, so the journey will not be fun, might have to sink a few on the midway stop!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="crafty canary"] Probably explains his career progression.[/quote]

Just for your information promotion in the police service is based on promotion examinations being taken once you have completed two years service and as i never bothered to study and sit these examinations therein is the answer as to how i retired at the rank of constable.Therefore myself and tens of thousands of others over the years are in the bracket so wonderfully portrayed by Crafty as PC Unpromotable.

I am sure he has a more outrageous theory that bears no relation to the truth so i wait with interest Crafty''s response.

[/quote]I love the way everyone has upset you enough, to make you write us a paragraph on it all. You''re a bit of a knob and everyone is starting to realise it. Instead of being a knob, why don''t you involve in Norwich city debate; what this forum is for.

Tilly join me on my voyage to Bolton in the search for enlightenment finally we shall find peace and neither friend or foe will be able to influence our emotions again.

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="crafty canary"] Probably explains his career progression.[/quote]

Just for your information promotion in the police service is based on promotion examinations being taken once you have completed two years service and as i never bothered to study and sit these examinations therein is the answer as to how i retired at the rank of constable.Therefore myself and tens of thousands of others over the years are in the bracket so wonderfully portrayed by Crafty as PC Unpromotable.

I am sure he has a more outrageous theory that bears no relation to the truth so i wait with interest Crafty''s response.

[/quote]I love the way everyone has upset you enough, to make you write us a paragraph on it all. You''re a bit of a knob and everyone is starting to realise it. Instead of being a knob, why don''t you involve in Norwich city debate; what this forum is for.[/quote]^^ this^^  [Y]

I''m going[:D]

First away game of the season for me. I shall be travelling with my friends on club canary but sitting all on my "billy no mates own" in the ground. [:''(]

Block H Row D Seat 174, is anyone near by?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

First away game of the season for me. I shall be travelling with my friends on club canary but sitting all on my "billy no mates own" in the ground. [:''(]

[/quote]Oh No![:P]Block H Row F Seat 156!Close enough for you Eddie?? [Y]

[quote user="1eed5canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Oh No![:P]

Block H Row F Seat 156!

Close enough for you Eddie?? [Y]
[/quote]

Nice one Kev..

Now who else is nearby?

[quote user="davenjosh city till we die"]Gutted to pal,was going to go with you!!! But if anybody from Gorleston or great Yarmouth wants to hook and go,I be happy to go with them.with a friend,[/quote]We''ll arrange another away day soon.

a mate of mine offered to pay half for me so i''ve got my ticket and am going for £20 in total! :)