Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Calling all football clubs and fans

It will certainly be a very sad day if poor old Plymouth do fold completely. I can never understand why their crowds are so small - they are in a similar situation to us where there are no other football league clubs for miles, and there isn''t even one in Cornwall.

I quite like Argyle, have to go to Plymouth for work every now and then, they''re a friendly bunch down there.Never managed to get to a game there, not even ours, but friendly groundsman let me in to have a look round and take some pictures one afternoon.Am pondering going down on 24th to see them play Macclesfield. Might never get the chance to see a game there if they were to fold, and that would be a sad thing.Follow #FansReunited on twitter to show them some support.

Shame, but there must be a case of mis-management somewhere up the ladder. Living within your means will eventually catch on, when they see decent clubs like Argyle going down the pan.

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]http://www.greentaverners.co.uk/2011/09/calling-all-football-clubs-and-fans/Imagine if Norwich were in Plymouth''s situation....[/quote]From what McNally has said, if we hadn''t been promoted out of League One then we could well have been in a similar situation. I was at Uni with a couple of Plymouth fans ("Janners," I believe they call themselves) and they were pretty die-hard (Leicester to Plymouth for evening games etc) so they''ll be feeling this.  Paul Whitehouse is a Plymouth fan, I wonder if he''s contributed anything to the cause or if he''s just a freeloading Z-list celebrity hanger-on like wor Stephen  [:@]

Clearky you dont understabd the term z-list.

I feel for plymouth. they have had big criwds in recent years. very much a similar club in terms of location as ours.

I feel for them in a big way. i know some plymouth fans and that the club has a lot of league history. it shouldnt be allowed to fold.

It would be a tragedy for everyone who cares and loves Plymouth Argyle but who is going to take responsibilty for the clown Peter Ridsdale getting his grubby little paws anywhere near the place.Financial ruin follows him around every club he has been involved in.Just ask Leeds,Barnsley and Cardiff.

With all the money in the game, this just should not be happening.

The FA need to sort it out WITH the premiership. They are both in the position to help.

I bet the money some players pay in tax alone in one week would make a HUGE difference to them, is there not any ex-players in the premiership living it up who may owe them something back?

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Just thinking, John Terry could do his rep no harm right now and throw some of his cash wads their way.[/quote]

Why would he do that?

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Just thinking, John Terry could do his rep no harm right now and throw some of his cash wads their way.[/quote]Why John Terry and not any other multi-millionaire footballer?