Sign in to follow this  
ziggy

steve morison

Yeh he had a tough night, hopefully he will be ok for sundayDid anyone else sees Earnie''s miss? He used to put those sort of chances away for us every game!

Spot on about Earnie - he''s a good player but just needs too many chances sometimes, which is why he has mostly plied his trade at Champs level.

It did look like both Morison and Crofts came throughout the game unscathed, and the fact that the game was tues rather than weds should help them recover for Sunday.

I thought Crofts was excellent last night, always looking for the ball and moving it on intelligently. Nice to see Morrison giving Terry some Holt style stick too. 

Crofts ws superb last night and I can see his job when we play united, he had Rooney under control last night.

He does look impressive in a Welsh shirt, I wonder if any other Prem teams look at him as a potential Adam tyoe signing.

Very much doubt Morison will play ninety minutes on Sunday after the shift he put in last night. He worked his socks off for very little reward.

Crofts was excellent all night. His positional play (which I have always thought was a little suspect hence my preference in the past for Fox in the holding midfielders role) was first class which meant that it was very rare for England to be able to get the ball into Rooney in the final third. He mopped up plenty of attacks with an interception or a well timed tackle and moved the ball quickly and simply to a team mate. The Wales midfield as a whole were very impressive and they were pretty unlucky not to get something out of the game. Ramsey and Collison looked like they had a bit of class about them and Bale was always available out wide. They were helped by being pitted against one of the most uninspiring, stodgy and one-paced central midfield three that England could possibly field though. Lampard, Barry and Milner together? That should never happen again.

I thought Morrison was excellent last night. A real handful who looked thoroughly unpleasant to play against. Crofts was also first class, good and promising times for Norwich City...

England, I though Barry and Milner played well. Its Lampard thats the problem for me, I think he is losing his touch at this level. Good news is Wilshere shouldl be back in a couple of months and is an almost certain starter.

Biggest shock of the season so far for me is that Downing looks excellent for both Liverpool and England. I have never rated him before, perhaps he is coming of age.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]I thought Morrison was excellent last night. A real handful who looked thoroughly unpleasant to play against. Crofts was also first class, good and promising times for Norwich City... England, I though Barry and Milner played well. Its Lampard thats the problem for me, I think he is losing his touch at this level. Good news is Wilshere shouldl be back in a couple of months and is an almost certain starter. Biggest shock of the season so far for me is that Downing looks excellent for both Liverpool and England. I have never rated him before, perhaps he is coming of age.[/quote]

I thought Milner was the worst player on the pitch last night. England missed the directness and pace of Walcott a lot, no one could really stretch the Wales defence.

I agree re Milner. Just don''t see what it is that managers seem to see in him. Give me Walcott''s pace any day.

As for the Norwich boys thought the night panned out pretty perfectly from our/my perspective really. Dull game but England won which was good. Our boys both put in a good showing. Morrison was a real handful and i would definitely start him on Sunday as he seems to be on his game. Also though Crofts had a very good, quietly effective game and looks like he is learning quickly how to play that holding midfielder role which ought to be perfect for him. all in all neither looked out of place in that company and that bodes well for the rest of the season.

OTBC

crofts has been built into this position. Fox was always coming off after 70 minutes at the end of the season and crofts into that role. He has a great engine and as we know can find the net, so don''t want to lose that, but he looked very assure and actually at times went past players with great ease.

Morison had a tough ask and did a great deal of work, I do think he needed these two games he will be very match fit now for Sunday and I am sure after his first international goal be ready for his first of the prem season.

Do we drop martin? Tough call but I would like to see morison given a run with holty. Def. think martin has a big role this year and can be influential.

[quote user="smooth"]crofts has been built into this position. Fox was always coming off after 70 minutes at the end of the season and crofts into that role. He has a great engine and as we know can find the net, so don''t want to lose that, but he looked very assure and actually at times went past players with great ease. Morison had a tough ask and did a great deal of work, I do think he needed these two games he will be very match fit now for Sunday and I am sure after his first international goal be ready for his first of the prem season. Do we drop martin? Tough call but I would like to see morison given a run with holty. Def. think martin has a big role this year and can be influential.[/quote]

Yes it was good to see our lads give the likes of the big boys a bit of what for, Though Lampard was is pants can only score from the spot Terry  looked pleased to see Morison go off and glad to see Crofts put Rooney on his arse a couple of times, good times ahead for us and agree Morison and Holt up front  on sunday

Did anyone else notice when Morison was running down the channel and Terry tried to barge him off the ball and just bounced off ?  Excellent.  Shame Steve couldn''t manage something on target, but overall it was a solid performance from him despite very little service.

Agree with everyone on Crofts - he looked excellent, and England got nothing through the centre all game.  I''m sure these two games will give him a lot of confidence in his ability at this level.

Also did anyone else notice how biased the commentary was towards England ?  Do I just not notice it normally ?  E.g. at one point the camera was in a close up of Crofts, who''d just won the ball, and they said "he''s had an excellent game... has Gareth Barry [I think] ..."

211203 - the commentary said exactly that. I was watching the ODI international and flicked over whenever an add came on to see how morison and crofts were doing and I saw that piece with the full frontal of crofts and reference to lamps.

It is a shame that morison didn''t have any service to really show what he can do. I do think tho he will be buoyed and ready to strike at goal come sunday. Crofts for me looked like the player that was so close to player of the season.

I expect a number of clubs to be looking at him at the end of the season.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Biggest shock of the season so far for me is that Downing looks excellent for both Liverpool and England. I have never rated him before, perhaps he is coming of age.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. I have never rated him any higher than SWP but he''s looking the business so far this season. It seems that similar to Young at United, he''s actually thriving on the pressure to "step up to a big club."

Yep watching Crofts performance last night renewed my hope we actually might get something from Old Trafford - as long as we keep Ashley Young quiet that is!

Crofts smothering of Rooney was brilliant - never gave him a look-in!

Morison huffed and puffed but it''s a shame he went off just before Wales had their best spell of the match (or are the two things related?).  I certainly think he''d have scored where Earnshaw didn''t.