Sign in to follow this  
mikewalker

5 West Brom things

- They were sponsored by ''No Smoking'' (if my Pannini ''86 album memory serves)

- Games v them in their Megson era being proper snide fests.

- They''ve had a few of our cast off midfielders (Andy Johnson, Lee Marshall, Ruel)

- I like how Steve Bull came back to haunt them a hundredfold

- Kieron Richardson getting a hot pie full in the face courtesy of the Barclay.

[quote user="mikewalker"]

- They were sponsored by ''No Smoking'' (if my Pannini ''86 album memory serves)

- They''ve had a few of our cast off midfielders (Andy Johnson, Lee Marshall, Ruel)

[/quote]

I think the it was the Snakepit who pied Keirna Richardson. Credit where credits due.

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="mikewalker"]

[/quote]

I think the it was the Snakepit who pied Keirna Richardson. Credit where credits due.

[/quote]

When did that happen?! Brilliant. What kind of pie are we talking? Hopefully a nice chicken balti.

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="mikewalker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]The credit for that is due to someone in Block A of the Barclay around Row Q. Which made it even more impressive considering how far back he was.

Aye, I know the legend responsible. Someone else I know printed off a screenshot of the incident and gave it to him as a framed memento of the heroic incident. What a throw.

I can remember those old no-smoking West Brom shirts. That was back in the day when there were plenty of top flight professionals who still enjoyed a smoke. I may have imagined this but didn''t the Pink ''Un/Evening News make a big thing about Kevin Drinkell giving up smoking when he was here in the eighties? Football was so much better then [;)]

I also know the man responsible.

He never had a picture of the incident but would pay good money for one.

The mention at the end of the season was in the EDP''s season roundup, a proud moment for the individual in question.

I also have it on good authority that it was a Cornish Pastie, important as the fold worked as a grip to help with getting decent purchase on the throw.