Sign in to follow this  
ca

Team for WBA ??

Obviously it is hard to gauge after 3 games. But is it possible that a straight 4-4-2 with Bennett and Pilkington as the widemen could effectively become the home system (like against Stoke). And then the diamond or variation of it which includes Wes could become the away system (Wigan and Chelsea).

I don''t think a that 4-4-2 will be our go-to formation at home. It seemed to me that we set up like that against Stoke to mirror them. They play in a very specific way with a very specific sort of player and no other team in the Premier really does that.

What we need to do is find a formation where we can hold on to the ball a bit more. I think we''ve at least held our own in all the games so far this season but we''ve not had enough possession (partly due to red cards) but the best way to make sure you don''t concede is retain possession and the way we''ve lined up so far hasn''t enabled us to do this. That''s why I think we need to try out 4-2-3-1 or something similar. We have the quality to produce goals from midfield and Holt is good enough to cause trouble for a pair of CBs so I think it could work well, and take the pressure of the defence and Rudd.

Can''t make up my mind between these two possible sides:

Rudd

Naughton, De Laet, Barnett, Tierney

Johnson, Crofts

Bennett, Hoolahan, Pilkington

Holt

Rudd

Bennett, Johnson, Crofts, Pilkington

Holt, Morison

Basically, for me the only undecided place in the team is between Morison and Wes. I really like Wes so would normally always pick him but Mozza has had a good week and looked a handful against England!

Having said that who knows with Lambert! Often has a surprise up his sleeve!

I think we have to play two upfront at home against one of our ''rivals''

If Morison and Holt can strike up an understanding this would be good....

My team for what its worth:

Rudd,

Johnson

Bennett Crofts

Hoolahan

Morison Holt

SUBS: Matthews, R Martin, Lappin, Pilkington, Fox, Jackson, C Martin (or Vaughan if fit)

I hope Long plays as I''ve got a nice bet riding at 80/1 ..... don''t mind if he gets 3 as long as we score more. 

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]you bet an opposing striker would score a hatrick against us?[/quote]

No.... top scorer in Prem E/W

[quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Dzeko was the stand out bet for top scorer once Tevez influence had waned. I got him at 25/1 but there was probably better value around if you looked hard enough.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Dzeko was the stand out bet for top scorer once Tevez influence had waned. I got him at 25/1 but there was probably better value around if you looked hard enough.

[/quote]

Indeed, but I did the bet mainly because if Long gets in the top 4 of Prem scorers which is a good chance IMO,  I still get 20/1.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Can''t make up my mind between these two possible sides: Rudd Naughton, De Laet, Barnett, Tierney Johnson, Crofts Bennett, Hoolahan, Pilkington Holt Rudd Naughton, De Laet, Barnett, Tierney Bennett, Johnson, Crofts, Pilkington Holt, Morison Basically, for me the only undecided place in the team is between Morison and Wes. I really like Wes so would normally always pick him but Mozza has had a good week and looked a handful against England! Having said that who knows with Lambert! Often has a surprise up his sleeve![/quote]

I must say, Jim, that your first team is a cracking one. Looks really good and a formation I''d never think of but incorporates all our best players.

However my money is on Lambert going for your second team

According to the normally (fairly) reliable Guardian squad sheets, we are playing Fox at CB partmered by Tierney!!!

However, this time, I assume they are mistaken. Interestingly, they are suggesting no wingers (Chris Martin and Surma instead of Bennett and Pilkington) http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/09/norwich-west-bromwich-premier-league-squad-sheets

[quote user="Harry"]If Chris Martin isn''t partnering Holty I will be very surprised.
[/quote]

I wouldn''t [:)]plus think Morrison deserves a start.