Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

New Investment Enquiries

I know there was some information or story (I think at the end of last season) that after a global search for some new investment that EY found nobody interested in investing in or buying NCFC.

Now that we are back in the PL and have been performing quite well, has there been any murmurs around any interested parties?

Would be interested to hear as I feel that we would be a fantastic investment opportunity as we would be reasonably affordable compared to other established PL teams but surely have a huge upside of untapped investment return potential.

I think (I hope) we''ve reached a point where we don''t really need new investment. If we stay up this season then great, we''ll have another year of Premiership money guaranteed and can work on building on the squad and maybe the stadium, if we go down then it looks like we''ve spent wisely and will have some very saleable players to make a good bit of profit on, along with the parachute payments and can have another go at getting promoted.

I wouldn''t really want to see a foreign owner come in and spend obscene money. It''d ruin the feel of the club and we''d end up with a load of mercenaries like QPR. In the end most of these owners will get bored of their clubs and/or realise that the way football works means its very difficult to reliably make money. Then they''ll leave the clubs in huge debt and the fans will have to try and pick up the pieces.

[quote user="Mahogany"]I think (I hope) we''ve reached a point where we don''t really need new investment. If we stay up this season then great, we''ll have another year of Premiership money guaranteed and can work on building on the squad and maybe the stadium, if we go down then it looks like we''ve spent wisely and will have some very saleable players to make a good bit of profit on, along with the parachute payments and can have another go at getting promoted.

I wouldn''t really want to see a foreign owner come in and spend obscene money. It''d ruin the feel of the club and we''d end up with a load of mercenaries like QPR. In the end most of these owners will get bored of their clubs and/or realise that the way football works means its very difficult to reliably make money. Then they''ll leave the clubs in huge debt and the fans will have to try and pick up the pieces.[/quote]I would hope that we wouldn''t need to profit on any players whilst the parachute payments are forthcoming, I would want us to hold on to all of them and get straight back up. That''s the only way that we would have a chance of keeping Lambert at the club too.

Provided the team keeps up to a similar standard to how they''ve started I don''t think it''s realistic to expect us to keep the whole squad if we go down. I reckon we could keep a starting 11 strong enough to go up, but we won''t be able to keep everyone. For instance we have 5 strikers good enough to be starting regularly in the Premiership, I doubt 3 of them will be happy to sit on the bench most weeks in the Championship.

And to be honest it would make sense to cash in on some of them. We won''t need a team as good as we have to get out of the Championship and with a years top level experience a lot of our players will have doubled in value, makes sense to sell them on, bring in some more promising talent from the lower leagues and pocket the difference.

Or maybe I''ve just been playing too much Football Manager...

[quote user="Mahogany"]Provided the team keeps up to a similar standard to how they''ve started I don''t think it''s realistic to expect us to keep the whole squad if we go down. I reckon we could keep a starting 11 strong enough to go up, but we won''t be able to keep everyone. For instance we have 5 strikers good enough to be starting regularly in the Premiership, I doubt 3 of them will be happy to sit on the bench most weeks in the Championship.

And to be honest it would make sense to cash in on some of them. We won''t need a team as good as we have to get out of the Championship and with a years top level experience a lot of our players will have doubled in value, makes sense to sell them on, bring in some more promising talent from the lower leagues and pocket the difference.

Or maybe I''ve just been playing too much Football Manager...[/quote]If we had 5 strikers good enough to start regularly in the Premiership we would not be having this conversation. The team can show themselves as good enough for the Premier League by staying up, or they can show themselves as not good enough by going down and can stick around and get us back up.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Provided the team keeps up to a similar standard to how they''ve started I don''t think it''s realistic to expect us to keep the whole squad if we go down. I reckon we could keep a starting 11 strong enough to go up, but we won''t be able to keep everyone. For instance we have 5 strikers good enough to be starting regularly in the Premiership, I doubt 3 of them will be happy to sit on the bench most weeks in the Championship. And to be honest it would make sense to cash in on some of them. We won''t need a team as good as we have to get out of the Championship and with a years top level experience a lot of our players will have doubled in value, makes sense to sell them on, bring in some more promising talent from the lower leagues and pocket the difference. Or maybe I''ve just been playing too much Football Manager...[/quote]

You make it sound like getting promotion from the Championship is a piece of cake.

There is still something wrong at the top two billionaires walking away, tens of thousands of pounds send on brookers one of the biggest high profiles sponsors in sport we get nothing or very little what is going on in the broad room?

[quote user="Massimo Venta Icenorum"]There is still something wrong at the top two billionaires walking away, tens of thousands of pounds send on brookers one of the biggest high profiles sponsors in sport we get nothing or very little what is going on in the broad room?[/quote]

Pardon?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Massimo Venta Icenorum"]There is still something wrong at the top two billionaires walking away, tens of thousands of pounds send on brookers one of the biggest high profiles sponsors in sport we get nothing or very little what is going on in the broad room?[/quote]

Pardon?

[/quote]Someone is allergic to punctuation...

If we go down most of the players will probably stay for to be frank they will not have been good enough. Some will have been a success and we would expect to lose them probably at a hansome profit

Do we want money so much, or do we want to introduce possible discord in the Board?

We have a good squad, and if the worst happened, we would be a real presence in the Championship. (If some have a taste for the Premiership and ask to leave, we should get some money for them.)If we survive, as "experts" are increasingly forecasting, we shall have reduced our debt and have something in reserve for new players. (We might have to borrow to increase the seating capacity.)

No outside finance is ever going to make us rival the very big boys. (Man City have spent something over £500m!). We can''t ever expect to buy our way into Europe, even.

What we have is a good squad, who will learn how to gain penalties and how to avoid them, and other things. We have a fantastic following. We have a very good manager, at least until someone tries some poaching.

Why create potential problems off the pitch when most things are going our way?

[quote user="Salopian"]Do we want money so much, or do we want to introduce possible discord in the Board? We have a good squad, and if the worst happened, we would be a real presence in the Championship. (If some have a taste for the Premiership and ask to leave, we should get some money for them.)If we survive, as "experts" are increasingly forecasting, we shall have reduced our debt and have something in reserve for new players. (We might have to borrow to increase the seating capacity.) No outside finance is ever going to make us rival the very big boys. (Man City have spent something over £500m!). We can''t ever expect to buy our way into Europe, even. What we have is a good squad, who will learn how to gain penalties and how to avoid them, and other things. We have a fantastic following. We have a very good manager, at least until someone tries some poaching. Why create potential problems off the pitch when most things are going our way?[/quote]

No, but it might turn us from a yo-yo club into one that has a chance of establishing itself in the Premier League. Bear in mind that a year or so ago Bowkett said that Smith and Jones knew that to do so would involve having richer owners.

There are various medium-sized clubs there at the moment (Stoke, Wolves, WBA, Blackburn, Fulham) where a rich owner has helped or looks like helping them to stay (albeit sometimes precariously) in the top flight for more than a season or two at a time. And Stoke may be making the transition from precariousness to something better. That is the potential difference.

"There is still something wrong at the top two billionaires walking away, tens of thousands of pounds send on brookers one of the biggest high profiles sponsors in sport we get nothing or very little what is going on in the broad room?"

Someone''s discovered Google Translate.

Following on from Purple''s comments, I understand that we have had at least one major investor approach us in a positive way and no I cannot confirm that 100%

If that is true, my fear would be that the ''golden triangle'' of Bowkett/McNally/Lambert, having come so close to winning that investment, could walk away.

Remember that Bowkett and McNally are unlike any other business men that have been connected with the board for many years.They are from a highly professional and competitive business sector.

I sincerely hope they do not get frustrated and that all is well from top to bottom of the club, as that has been the foundation for our great success of course.

There shouldn''t be a cash crisis at NCFC for many years if the management is right.I doubt we will stay up and I doubt this current success will be long lived... but used properly the millions should keep us in the 2nd Division for years and prevent another nose dive to possible oblivion.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Bloody hell Cluckers, that is a worrying negative!![/quote]I do my best Bury.........  [:)]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Following on from Purple''s comments, I understand that we have had at least one major investor approach us in a positive way and no I cannot confirm that 100% If that is true, my fear would be that the ''golden triangle'' of Bowkett/McNally/Lambert, having come so close to winning that investment, could walk away. Remember that Bowkett and McNally are unlike any other business men that have been connected with the board for many years.They are from a highly professional and competitive business sector. I sincerely hope they do not get frustrated and that all is well from top to bottom of the club, as that has been the foundation for our great success of course.[/quote]

---

Bury, you seem to be supposing that it was Bowkett and McNally who were instrumental in attracting this possible investor, with the implication then that it was Smith and Jones who stood in the way. You''re honest enough to admit you can''t confirm there was this approach, but - assuming it happened - do you have any reason to suppose it was Bowkett and McNally doing the attracting and it was Smith and Jones who were the stumbling block?

I''m not trying to be antagonistic, but this idea has been levelled at Smith and Jones for years, that they really don''t want to sell and so have thrown out good proposals. There has been an assumption that ANY proposal must be good, which is plainly not the case. You only have to look around at other clubs. Plymouth, sadly, being an example. This NCFC proposal may just have been a bad proposal.

="Mahogany"]I think (I hope) we''ve reached a point where we don''t really need new investment. If we stay up this season then great, we''ll have another year of Premiership money guaranteed and can work on building on the squad and maybe the stadium, if we go down then it looks like we''ve spent wisely and will have some very saleable players to make a good bit of profit on, along with the parachute payments and can have another go at getting promoted.

I wouldn''t really want to see a foreign owner come in and spend obscene money. It''d ruin the feel of the club and we''d end up with a load of mercenaries like QPR. In the end most of these owners will get bored of their clubs and/or realise that the way football works means its very difficult to reliably make money. Then they''ll leave the clubs in huge debt and the fans will have to try and pick up the pieces.

Nail hit firmly on the head!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Following on from Purple''s comments, I understand that we have had at least one major investor approach us in a positive way and no I cannot confirm that 100% If that is true, my fear would be that the ''golden triangle'' of Bowkett/McNally/Lambert, having come so close to winning that investment, could walk away. Remember that Bowkett and McNally are unlike any other business men that have been connected with the board for many years.They are from a highly professional and competitive business sector. I sincerely hope they do not get frustrated and that all is well from top to bottom of the club, as that has been the foundation for our great success of course.[/quote]

---

Bury, you seem to be supposing that it was Bowkett and McNally who were instrumental in attracting this possible investor, with the implication then that it was Smith and Jones who stood in the way. You''re honest enough to admit you can''t confirm there was this approach, but - assuming it happened - do you have any reason to suppose it was Bowkett and McNally doing the attracting and it was Smith and Jones who were the stumbling block?

I''m not trying to be antagonistic, but this idea has been levelled at Smith and Jones for years, that they really don''t want to sell and so have thrown out good proposals. There has been an assumption that ANY proposal must be good, which is plainly not the case. You only have to look around at other clubs. Plymouth, sadly, being an example. This NCFC proposal may just have been a bad proposal.

[/quote]

Now Purple, you know full well the cook won''t let anyone else get their hands on her dolls house[:@]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

---

[/quote]

Now Purple, you know full well the cook won''t let anyone else get their hands on her dolls house[:@]

[;)]

[/quote]

Of course I know that, nutty. It was the last thing she said to me (with an evil cackle in her voice) as I stormed out of the boardroom...[;)]