Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Mobile Phones?

I have heard people saying you are now allowed to take pictures on your phone? I have never taken photos while being in the stadium but are you actually allowed to take pictures with your mobile phone?

Sorry if this is a silly question its just something I have always wondered.

Thanks All :)

I''ve taken photos on my phone for years now and have never been told not to, maybe i''ve been lucky but it''s never been frowned upon by anybody when i have done it.

OTBC

Prior to the advent of cameras on mobiles there used to be posters up in the ground about the grave consequences of taking pictures whch kept the Kodak brownies and Polaroids at bay. Since many thousands of spectators now have the facility to take piccies, the club has given up (though I''m sure wee Davie McNally would love to charge for image rights etc if he could)

OP, perfectly valid question, there remains a lot of confusion over this. I work for a musuem and gallery organisation and similar to the old rules at Carrow Road, we tried to stop anyone taking photographs within the buildings on the basis they may reproduce stuff elsewhere and thus reduce our potential income generation (I think this is the position NCFC took). However the advent of cameras on mobile phones meant this became increasingly difficult to police so now our only restriction is that no camera''s with professional flash and tripods are allowed. At Carrow Road if you are stuck on the terraces even with the most expensive mobile phone you are unlikely to get that good a photo that it will prevent the club making money elsewhere, so probably why McNasty has relented on this one - leaves the stewards to concentrate on keeping everyone seated instead!

However if some bugger comes in to our premises and their phone has in-built flash, 8Mp camera and they have just taken beta-blockers then of course they can still with the aid of photoshop or some such other product produce a reproduction as good as anything we ever could sell, but we''ll just have to chase them through the courts instead. Modern life hey.

I was on the pitch at half time in the stoke game with my kids getting presented with a signed shirt, and I took pictures with my Iphone, whilst I was on the pitch.

Same as swearing and standing up. As long as enough people do it, they choose to ignore it from a practical viewpoint, e.g. how do you stop several thousand people singing "we really like Grant Holt"?

[quote user="Webbo118"]Same as swearing and standing up. As long as enough people do it, they choose to ignore it from a practical viewpoint, e.g. how do you stop several thousand people singing "we really like Grant Holt"?[/quote]

When he played for Chelsea Franck Le Bouef voiced his concerns in the match programme regarding swearing at Stamford bridge when Children were present, the following match chelsea fans changed the words to a chant to "he''s here, he''s there, We''re not allowed to swear, Franck Le Bouef"...

""he''s here, he''s there, We''re not allowed to swear, Franck Le Bouef"..."

that was sung for Ken Foggo in the early 70''s