Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

Former Norwich players without clubs (or doing pants).....

It serves us all well to remember just how awful we were for several years before Lambert, who remembers these.....David Carney - no club after being released by Blackpool.Mark Fotheringham - no club after playing 14 games in 2 years in the Cypriot leagueJason Jarrett - one of the worst Worthy signings? Go and look at his career post-Norwich! Currently without a club, although he spends less time without one than with one it seems.Simon Whaley - Plays for Chorley, that place made famous by Max & Paddy, in the ''Northern Premier League''.Jurgen Colin - Also struggles to get in a Cypriot team (island population 803k)Maceo Rigters - Plays in the Australian league Chris Killen - Plays in the ''illustrious'' Chinese league. Although in fairness, they might be paying him a fortune. Adrian Leijer - Played his only 4 games in England for us, before heading back to play in Australia. Alan Lee - Took him a year to score a league goal in League One, has now amassed an incredible 2 goals in 30 games after having been a player that people were calling for us to sign. In reality, he was overweight and put in a couple of decent shifts to win a contract. To think that some of us were calling for Lee over Holt. In fairness to him, he has scored 2 goals in 2 games this year, which is a vast improvement on his 0 in 28 last season.Carl Cort - No club after being released by Brentford.Zesh Rehmann - A player who at 27 years old has reached his peak, so went to show that to the world in the Thai Premier league. In fairness to him, it''s a good place for a distinctly average footballer to feel like they have the wallet of a Premiership player. Julien Brellier - Only played 11 pro games post-Norwich and then went into the French non-league at 28 years old, where he remaings.Alan Gow - Plays in the Indian league after doing not much at Plymouth and Notts County.Omar Koroma - Never played another game, anywhere, and hasn''t had a club for over a year.That''s a highly depressing list of journeymen, flops, and people who were simply over rated. It goes to show just how much money this club wasted over three or four years on useless ineffective footballers; I dread to think how much football agents took away from the club for this bunch of no-marks. Thank goodness for McNally and Lambert. Every player on this page is a Neil Doncaster legacy. Thank god for Lambert. Almost all of those players are still in their twenties by the way, only Jason Jarrett, Carl Cort, and Alan Lee, are in their thirties.

[quote user="LeJuge"]It serves us all well to remember just how awful we were for several years before Lambert, who remembers these.....David Carney - no club after being released by Blackpool.Mark Fotheringham - no club after playing 14 games in 2 years in the Cypriot leagueJason Jarrett - one of the worst Worthy signings? Go and look at his career post-Norwich! Currently without a club, although he spends less time without one than with one it seems.Simon Whaley - Plays for Chorley, that place made famous by Max & Paddy, in the ''Northern Premier League''.Jurgen Colin - Also struggles to get in a Cypriot team (island population 803k)Maceo Rigters - Plays in the Australian league Chris Killen - Plays in the ''illustrious'' Chinese league. Although in fairness, they might be paying him a fortune. Adrian Leijer - Played his only 4 games in England for us, before heading back to play in Australia. Alan Lee - Took him a year to score a league goal in League One, has now amassed an incredible 2 goals in 30 games after having been a player that people were calling for us to sign. In reality, he was overweight and put in a couple of decent shifts to win a contract. To think that some of us were calling for Lee over Holt. In fairness to him, he has scored 2 goals in 2 games this year, which is a vast improvement on his 0 in 28 last season.Carl Cort - No club after being released by Brentford.Zesh Rehmann - A player who at 27 years old has reached his peak, so went to show that to the world in the Thai Premier league. In fairness to him, it''s a good place for a distinctly average footballer to feel like they have the wallet of a Premiership player. Julien Brellier - Only played 11 pro games post-Norwich and then went into the French non-league at 28 years old, where he remaings.Alan Gow - Plays in the Indian league after doing not much at Plymouth and Notts County.Omar Koroma - Never played another game, anywhere, and hasn''t had a club for over a year.That''s a highly depressing list of journeymen, flops, and people who were simply over rated. It goes to show just how much money this club wasted over three or four years on useless ineffective footballers; I dread to think how much football agents took away from the club for this bunch of no-marks. Thank goodness for McNally and Lambert. Every player on this page is a Neil Doncaster legacy. Thank god for Lambert. Almost all of those players are still in their twenties by the way, only Jason Jarrett, Carl Cort, and Alan Lee, are in their thirties. [/quote]This excludes players who came here to retire gracefully, Sibierski, Stefanovic, Hartson, never again seen on a football pitch. Obviously it transpired that Hartson was in ill health, and Stefanovic was unlucky.

Wasn''t Koroma the one that Roeder gave a huge billing to, what with his being all excited about the at that time young player we were signing and calling him a "lovely mover"?

I personally had high hopes of Elliott Omozusi when he came here but, alas...  now tearing up shrubs at Leyton Orient I believe? I think David Mooney ended up there as well?

David Strihavka is now with his fifth club since leaving us, MSK Zilina in Slovakia-am I the only one (clearly, Omuzusi fever here?) excited when we signed him, thinking what a bold and aggressive move it was?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Wasn''t Koroma the one that Roeder gave a huge billing to, what with his being all excited about the at that time young player we were signing and calling him a "lovely mover"?

I personally had high hopes of Elliott Omozusi when he came here but, alas...  now tearing up shrubs at Leyton Orient I believe? I think David Mooney ended up there as well?

David Strihavka is now with his fifth club since leaving us, MSK Zilina in Slovakia-am I the only one (clearly, Omuzusi fever here?) excited when we signed him, thinking what a bold and aggressive move it was?

[/quote]

Only to later learn that it was nothing more than an elaborate loan!!![:@]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

Yep, Orient have Elliott Omozusi, Jamie Cureton, David Mooney, Jimmy Smith, and Kevin Lisbie. What a bunch! They are bottom of League One with 1 point in 6 games by the way, a goal difference of -10 already.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

Yep, Orient have Elliott Omozusi, Jamie Cureton, David Mooney, Jimmy Smith, and Kevin Lisbie. What a bunch! They are bottom of League One with 1 point in 6 games by the way, a goal difference of -10 already.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

David Strihavka is now with his fifth club since leaving us, MSK Zilina in Slovakia-am I the only one (clearly, Omuzusi fever here?) excited when we signed him, thinking what a bold and aggressive move it was.

[/quote]

Only to later learn that it was nothing more than an elaborate loan!!![:@]

[/quote]A typical bit of Doncaster spin. It was announced that it was a 4 year contract, transpired to be a 1 year deal with an option to extend his contract by 3 years. Although it was probably a good thing that it was only a 1 year deal in the end. It wouldn''t surprise me if it really was a 4 year deal though, and the "1 year contract" thing was the actual spin.

wiki says he''s found his level at lombard fc in hungary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goran_Mari%C4%87

good for him...I heard he couldnt trap a bag of sand!

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]What about Mo Camara? played 26 games post City at Blackpool, St Mirren and Torquey. There definitely is a recurring theme to players of the recent past![/quote]Mo Camara is a little different because he was 33 by the time he played for us, he was never going to be heading in an upwards direction. He was 35 by the time he turned out for Torquay. I think he was ''OK'' for us in comparison with most of the poor excuses for footballers on this list, and whilst he was clearly nearing the end at the time..... he was a good player for Wolves and Burnley at that level, and then got game time at Celtic. It''s a little like if Adam Drury went on loan to the Championship now at 33, he would probably look very average or even a bit out of his depth, but it wouldn''t surprise anybody (or shouldn''t).

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Brighton Yellow"]What about Mo Camara? played 26 games post City at Blackpool, St Mirren and Torquey. There definitely is a recurring theme to players of the recent past![/quote]

Mo Camara is a little different because he was 33 by the time he played for us, he was never going to be heading in an upwards direction. He was 35 by the time he turned out for Torquay. I think he was ''OK'' for us in comparison with most of the poor excuses for footballers on this list, and whilst he was clearly nearing the end at the time..... he was a good player for Wolves and Burnley at that level, and then got game time at Celtic.

It''s a little like if Adam Drury went on loan to the Championship now at 33, he would probably look very average or even a bit out of his depth, but it wouldn''t surprise anybody (or shouldn''t).
[/quote]

I agree, I thought Mo Camara was a pretty tidy player. Seen plenty worse players than him in a Norwich shirt (several of which you mentioned at the top of the thread).

Could someone remind me what upright pillar of football society was manager of Omar Korona when he was loaned to us.

The more I look at the amount of loans Roeder negotiated the more I have to wonder if he wasn''t ...............

[quote user="LeJuge"]It serves us all well to remember just how awful we were for several years before Lambert, who remembers these.....

David Carney - no club after being released by Blackpool.
Mark Fotheringham - no club after playing 14 games in 2 years in the Cypriot league
Jason Jarrett - one of the worst Worthy signings? Go and look at his career post-Norwich! Currently without a club, although he spends less time without one than with one it seems.
Simon Whaley - Plays for Chorley, that place made famous by Max & Paddy, in the ''Northern Premier League''.
Jurgen Colin - Also struggles to get in a Cypriot team (island population 803k)
Maceo Rigters - Plays in the Australian league
Chris Killen - Plays in the ''illustrious'' Chinese league. Although in fairness, they might be paying him a fortune.
Adrian Leijer - Played his only 4 games in England for us, before heading back to play in Australia.
Alan Lee - Took him a year to score a league goal in League One, has now amassed an incredible 2 goals in 30 games after having been a player that people were calling for us to sign. In reality, he was overweight and put in a couple of decent shifts to win a contract. To think that some of us were calling for Lee over Holt. In fairness to him, he has scored 2 goals in 2 games this year, which is a vast improvement on his 0 in 28 last season.
Carl Cort - No club after being released by Brentford.
Zesh Rehmann - A player who at 27 years old has reached his peak, so went to show that to the world in the Thai Premier league. In fairness to him, it''s a good place for a distinctly average footballer to feel like they have the wallet of a Premiership player.
Julien Brellier - Only played 11 pro games post-Norwich and then went into the French non-league at 28 years old, where he remaings.
Alan Gow - Plays in the Indian league after doing not much at Plymouth and Notts County.
Omar Koroma - Never played another game, anywhere, and hasn''t had a club for over a year.

That''s a highly depressing list of journeymen, flops, and people who were simply over rated. It goes to show just how much money this club wasted over three or four years on useless ineffective footballers; I dread to think how much football agents took away from the club for this bunch of no-marks. Thank goodness for McNally and Lambert. Every player on this page is a Neil Doncaster legacy.

Thank god for Lambert. Almost all of those players are still in their twenties by the way, only Jason Jarrett, Carl Cort, and Alan Lee, are in their thirties.
[/quote]

That is utterly absurd. Those players were the legacy of the managers who signed them. If they were bad choices they were bad choices made by managers alone.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="LeJuge"]It serves us all well to remember just how awful we were for several years before Lambert, who remembers these.....David Carney - no club after being released by Blackpool.Mark Fotheringham - no club after playing 14 games in 2 years in the Cypriot leagueJason Jarrett - one of the worst Worthy signings? Go and look at his career post-Norwich! Currently without a club, although he spends less time without one than with one it seems.Simon Whaley - Plays for Chorley, that place made famous by Max & Paddy, in the ''Northern Premier League''.Jurgen Colin - Also struggles to get in a Cypriot team (island population 803k)Maceo Rigters - Plays in the Australian league Chris Killen - Plays in the ''illustrious'' Chinese league. Although in fairness, they might be paying him a fortune. Adrian Leijer - Played his only 4 games in England for us, before heading back to play in Australia. Alan Lee - Took him a year to score a league goal in League One, has now amassed an incredible 2 goals in 30 games after having been a player that people were calling for us to sign. In reality, he was overweight and put in a couple of decent shifts to win a contract. To think that some of us were calling for Lee over Holt. In fairness to him, he has scored 2 goals in 2 games this year, which is a vast improvement on his 0 in 28 last season.Carl Cort - No club after being released by Brentford.Zesh Rehmann - A player who at 27 years old has reached his peak, so went to show that to the world in the Thai Premier league. In fairness to him, it''s a good place for a distinctly average footballer to feel like they have the wallet of a Premiership player. Julien Brellier - Only played 11 pro games post-Norwich and then went into the French non-league at 28 years old, where he remaings.Alan Gow - Plays in the Indian league after doing not much at Plymouth and Notts County.Omar Koroma - Never played another game, anywhere, and hasn''t had a club for over a year.That''s a highly depressing list of journeymen, flops, and people who were simply over rated. It goes to show just how much money this club wasted over three or four years on useless ineffective footballers; I dread to think how much football agents took away from the club for this bunch of no-marks. Thank goodness for McNally and Lambert. Every player on this page is a Neil Doncaster legacy. Thank god for Lambert. Almost all of those players are still in their twenties by the way, only Jason Jarrett, Carl Cort, and Alan Lee, are in their thirties. [/quote]

That is utterly absurd. Those players were the legacy of the managers who signed them. If they were bad choices they were bad choices made by managers alone.

[/quote]Blimey, drama queen, hate to see what words you would pull out of the dictionary if somebody served you a flat pint of Fosters.It isn''t the slightest bit absurd, Doncaster dealt with player contracts, he also formed part of the board which appointed those managers, in fact he was in charge of negotiating transfers. Can you not remember the ''A list'', ''B list'', and ''C list'' malarkey? Just like it was Doncaster who agreed to the minimum fee release clauses for Earnshaw and Etuhu. So when you get quotes like this one: “We had a full interview process on Monday which lasted all day – and into the evening. And the decision to appoint Bryan, Ian and John was taken after a great deal of objective thought; trying to take the passion and the emotion away from it and looking at the qualities that we need to take us away from the difficulties we''ve had this season."So we can blame Grant, Roeder, and Gunn, and to a certain degree Worthington, for the decline of our club? Let me ask you a question, who do you credit for this clubs transformation? McNally? Lambert? Let''s assume that you credit them both with the turnaround. You can''t give McNally credit if I can''t criticise Doncaster, life doesn''t work like that.If you seriously think that Grant, Roeder, or Gunn, would have been appointed as managers of this football club under McNally then the only absurdity here is you. They wouldn''t have been, and therefore, I pinpoint this clubs decline to a miserable failure of a chief executive known as Neil Doncaster. When Lambert leaves, you watch, we will get another good manager. The McNally legacy so far is the appointment of one top class manager, the backing of that manager in the transfer market, the extension of the ground capacity, two successive promotions, and Premier League football. That IS the McNally legacy thus far, time for that to change of course, please feel free to attempt to spin the Doncaster legacy. You can''t use Worthington by the way, he was put in place before Doncaster was somehow transformed into a club solicitor into a CEO (amazing how we had a solicitor at the club and we didn''t once think to take legal action against somebody, yet a CEO with a football background has successfully settled a case against News Corp, isn''t it?). Now tell me that those players aren''t a Doncaster legacy? You are talking out of your rear end.

Michael Theoklitos is a different story however. Of course we expected him to be doing badly. However he is Brisbane Roars first keeper and won the title of the highest australian league last year. Also has a record of the most minutes a goal keeper has ket a clean sheet (876) in australia.

And there i was thinking he was the worst keeper in the world (maybe he was in britain).

Theoklitis clearly couldn''t handle the pressure and expectation-rabbit caught in headlines of onrushing juggernaut.

Unfamiliar country, club, team mates, demands, game...he blew up big time and the rest, as they say...

Glad he''s doing well though. I''m sure if I suddenly went off to Oz to work I''d have a ''moment'' or two and soon want nothing less than to come back home!

Good point Le Juge-the one thing that keeps me in a relative state of calm regarding the prospect of Lambert eventually moving onwards and upwards, is that McNally will seek out and appoint a new Manager who will be far and away from the usual suspects listed as possibilities when the time comes..

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Theoklitis clearly couldn''t handle the pressure and expectation-rabbit caught in headlines of onrushing juggernaut.

Unfamiliar country, club, team mates, demands, game...he blew up big time and the rest, as they say...

Glad he''s doing well though. I''m sure if I suddenly went off to Oz to work I''d have a ''moment'' or two and soon want nothing less than to come back home!

[/quote]

When are people going to realise that Theo had one bad game (and not as bad as some of the wonderful defensers in front of him).

No player can be judged on one game, the best example being cricketer Graham Gooch whose bagged a pair in his first match for England.

Theo never became a poor keeper overnight just as he has not become a good keeper overnight. It was just a case of wrong place, wrong time and wrong opportunity.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

When are people going to realise that Theo had one bad game (and not as bad as some of the wonderful defensers in front of him).

No player can be judged on one game, the best example being cricketer Graham Gooch whose bagged a pair in his first match for England.

Theo never became a poor keeper overnight just as he has not become a good keeper overnight. It was just a case of wrong place, wrong time and wrong opportunity.

[/quote]

Funnily enough I was at that game, and in one of the dismissals he only got out because he was good enough to get a touch to a pig of a ball (from Thomson, I think). A lesser batsman would have missed it.

I wasn''t saying he wasn''t a good keeper-he must have had something about him, as Prem clubs had previously looked into signing him & Gunny, whatever else anyone might say about him, would at least have a reasonable idea of what constitutes a good goalkeeper!

I think that, as I said, when the day came, he wasn''t ready mentally and it all got to him. He may well, having been given time to settle, turned out to be a good keeper for us, but we''ll never know. And that may not be the whole story either. But, again, we''ll never know.

Maybe he was judged on that game, maybe there were other factors. But he became a symbol of the malaise very quickly and paid the price, fair or not. It doesn''t matter now, because everyone has since long, long moved on. I''m glad he''s settled back in Oz and doing well again.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I wasn''t saying he wasn''t a good keeper-he must have had something about him, as Prem clubs had previously looked into signing him & Gunny, whatever else anyone might say about him, would at least have a reasonable idea of what constitutes a good goalkeeper!

I think that, as I said, when the day came, he wasn''t ready mentally and it all got to him. He may well, having been given time to settle, turned out to be a good keeper for us, but we''ll never know. And that may not be the whole story either. But, again, we''ll never know.

Maybe he was judged on that game, maybe there were other factors. But he became a symbol of the malaise very quickly and paid the price, fair or not. It doesn''t matter now, because everyone has since long, long moved on. I''m glad he''s settled back in Oz and doing well again.

[/quote]

Well said, and fully agree. Good luck to him.

[quote user="City1st"]Could someone remind me what upright pillar of football society was manager of Omar Korona when he was loaned to us.

The more I look at the amount of loans Roeder negotiated the more I have to wonder if he wasn''t ...............[/quote]Didn''t we get him from Portsmouth?  I reckon old Harry talked a good game about the lad, clever boy.  I went to the MK Dons Carling Cup match which was OJ''s first start, and he ran around for 45 minutes seemingly unaffected by the fact a game of football was going on around him.  He also had orange boots for no apparent reason.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="City1st"]Could someone remind me what upright pillar of football society was manager of Omar Korona when he was loaned to us. The more I look at the amount of loans Roeder negotiated the more I have to wonder if he wasn''t ...............[/quote]

Didn''t we get him from Portsmouth?  I reckon old Harry talked a good game about the lad, clever boy.  I went to the MK Dons Carling Cup match which was OJ''s first start, and he ran around for 45 minutes seemingly unaffected by the fact a game of football was going on around him.  He also had orange boots for no apparent reason.

[/quote] I was at the Southampton match when he was started so Harry could see him and he missed a sitter. Like many games under Roeder we managed to conjure a 2-0 defeat from a game we dominated.

Anyone remember Juan Velasco? I''ll always remember him as the worst player to ever play for city (imo), even worse than Theoflapsalot. Since leaving us, after ''that game'' at coventry, he made 39 appearances in greece (26 for Panthrakikos and 13 for Larissa) in 3 years before retirement at the age of 34.

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="City1st"]Could someone remind me what upright pillar of football society was manager of Omar Korona when he was loaned to us. The more I look at the amount of loans Roeder negotiated the more I have to wonder if he wasn''t ...............[/quote]

Didn''t we get him from Portsmouth?  I reckon old Harry talked a good game about the lad, clever boy.  I went to the MK Dons Carling Cup match which was OJ''s first start, and he ran around for 45 minutes seemingly unaffected by the fact a game of football was going on around him.  He also had orange boots for no apparent reason.

[/quote] I was at the Southampton match when he was started so Harry could see him and he missed a sitter. Like many games under Roeder we managed to conjure a 2-0 defeat from a game we dominated.[/quote]

I was also at the game, OJ Koroma was not picked or injured for ages and then suddenly gets a start at the ground that is nearest to his parent club. One word which could describe his selection at Southamtpon is "corrupt".

[quote user="Hoolahans Ped"]Anyone remember Juan Velasco? I''ll always remember him as the worst player to ever play for city (imo), even worse than Theoflapsalot. Since leaving us, after ''that game'' at coventry, he made 39 appearances in greece (26 for Panthrakikos and 13 for Larissa) in 3 years before retirement at the age of 34.
[/quote]

Velasco at Coventry one was of the worst performances I''ve ever seen in a City shirt. The only credit that the Rodent could get here is that he recognised he was having a shocker and he got the tug after 30 minutes. Both Doc and Russell then got a go a right back and were both sent off, and were suspended for the 0-1 loss against Stoke.

David Marshall made a series of great saves in the game and we only lost 0-1 and City might have nicked something from the game late on.

I was also at the game and master Corona seemed to spend his time lurking about next to the touchline ... and that was about it.

I wouln''t go as far as to say corruption though with ''our ''Arry it many others might.

Others might even remember that Mr Roeder was actually appointed as some kind of assistant at Upton Park by the ever honest ''Arry.

Those of a more cynical nature might even suggest that certain managers have signed players of limited ability and have profited by payments made to agents, whereby some of that payment is coincidentally found later to be ''resting'' in various offshore accounts.

Those cynics most likely rhave ead the book by Tom Bower entitled Broken Dreams where such matters are explained in quite detailed form.

If I were Tottenham Hotsour I would ensure that at least the family silver was kept under strict lock and key, if nothing else.