Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahans Ped

IF we're struggling for goals come January...

...Should we do a Dean Ashton-esque signing in Ricky Lambert. Having saved some funds for Jan, I reckon Ricky could do a job for us, would cost a fair few million for him but IF we''re struggling come January he could save us, what do you think?

Well the only thing that would be Ashton-esque would be the timing of the signing because Dean Ashton was a very good player whereas Lambert is a very average player.

If Holt, Morison, Vaughan, Martin and Jackson are scoring enough goals then it''s going to take a lot more than Rickie Lambert to put that right.

[quote user="GJP"]

If Holt, Morison, Vaughan, Martin and Jackson are* scoring enough goals then it''s going to take a lot more than Rickie Lambert to put that right.

[/quote]

*aren''t

It may just be my opinion, but I rate Lambert very highly. Scored a hat-rick yesterday and was compared to Grant Holt, would you honesyly be disappointed if he signed?? I wouldn''t, but I accept your point. Can''t wait to see James Vaughan in a Norwich shirt! OTBC!

....And Henri Lansbury, might aswell raid the hammers, us staying up is more important than them going up! In all honesty i reckon Mr Morison will do a job for us. He''s a top international and will soon be be banging in the goals for us (there''s a reason the milwall fans were angry with his departure!)

We missed a trick on Long, he''s the one which may well have bagged us the goals we need at this level.

Still I have high hope for both Holt and Vaughan.

We are looking at the wrong end of the pitch. We have scored 3 in 3 games a respectable return. I think it unlikely we will keep many clean sheets indeed we may not keep 1 so defence is the area to strengthen IMO. As for Lambert if Saints are near the top of the championship they would not sell anyway

[quote user="Hoolahans Ped"]....And Henri Lansbury, might aswell raid the hammers, us staying up is more important than them going up! In all honesty i reckon Mr Morison will do a job for us. He''s a top international and will soon be be banging in the goals for us (there''s a reason the milwall fans were angry with his departure!)
[/quote]

Really? There were quite a few links to Millwall forums at the time and all I can remember (apart from the expletives) was that they were glad to get rid of him for that amount of money.