Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Mark My Words The Officials Will Let Us Down All Season

Will?

They already have, Wigan wasn''t a penalty (although R.Martin foul should have been) Shouldn''t have been a pen or red card last week. And shouldn''t have been a red card this week, thats 4 big decisions not gone our way.

Officials think they are bigger than some of the teams in this league. Sad times in football imo.

What does that mean?

Don''t see how referees getting decisions wrong, makes them think they are bigger than the teams they are refereeing.

win, lose or draw i''m just looking forward to the week we arnt having to discuss the sodding ref. Is it really that hard to ref games at this level consistently?

These are supposed to be the best we have!

At this rate all the Refs that have started as Prem Refs will be in the Championship and below by October

Another game. Another decent City performance yet the chances are that the post match conversation will be dominated by the refereeing yet again.

Torres should have gone, but the penalty and sending off was probably correct by the letter of the law.  He never went to beat Ruddy, was always looking for the pen, but he didn''t push the ball too far and IF he had of tried to stay on his feet would of had a simple finish.

Ah well, come the end of the season even if relegated we can take a leaf out of Leeds'' book and proclaim ourselves the rightful champions of the Premiership.

its time the FA made the refs come and explain their controversial decisions to the media!! Sadly, however the refs are untouchable as far as the FA are concerned!!!! They will never get punished for cock ups other than reffing in lower leagues, like Swarbrick today!!! I am a former ref who got so disillusioned with the politics that I quit after only a few seasons, as I questioned an assessor when pulled up for something a Pro ref had done the week before, and told it doesnt matter what they do as they are at the top, you arent!!! thats when i walked away!!!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Torres should have gone, but the penalty and sending off was probably correct by the letter of the law.  He never went to beat Ruddy, was always looking for the pen, but he didn''t push the ball too far and IF he had of tried to stay on his feet would of had a simple finish.[/quote]

Disagree, if he had stayed on his feet he would have been wide of the goal , and we already had Pilkington in the 6 yard box. Yellow card ( by the letter of the law) but the Ref didn''t like using the letter of the law on Torres:(

[quote user="baldyboy"]its time the FA made the refs come and explain their controversial decisions to the media!! Sadly, however the refs are untouchable as far as the FA are concerned!!!! They will never get punished for cock ups other than reffing in lower leagues, like Swarbrick today!!! I am a former ref who got so disillusioned with the politics that I quit after only a few seasons, as I questioned an assessor when pulled up for something a Pro ref had done the week before, and told it doesnt matter what they do as they are at the top, you arent!!! thats when i walked away!!!
[/quote]

That is so true.

Everything you are ''taught'' to be a Ref is NOT practiced by those at the higher levels.

What goes on behind the scenes is also amazing, if your face fits you''ll rocket through it

you cannot blame referee for defeat.kamakazee defending and poor finishing.we were the best team and lost.radio norfolks phone in was a joke.do you think stoke defenders would have let chelsea forward run half the pitch no.should have been knocked over headbutted whatever it takes to stop them.stoke won no freinds in their first season.i am sick of this we like playing little norwich.

The Ref made game changing decisions (Torres 2nd yellow - not given) and Ruddy''s red card.

I would say he shoulders a big proportion of blame

Torres not getting a second yellow is a prime exampole of how the officials will let uis down all season. Their inconsistencies are usually in favour of the big clubs. Staying up will be a massive achievement and I believe we will.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Torres not getting a second yellow is a prime exampole of how the officials will let uis down all season. Their inconsistencies are usually in favour of the big clubs. Staying up will be a massive achievement and I believe we will.

[/quote]

Fat fingers!![:$]

Well I always try to see it from the other side, had it been Holt brought down and Hillarious sent off, we would all be agreeing with the ref!

It was a penalty and he was technically the last defenderout, City player was level with the incident on infront of the Chelsea player at the time.

Second as much as I dislike Chelsea, Torres was not a sending off, he didn''t go in hard or over the top and the first booking was questionable, Torres was looking at the ball with a raised foot, so given that both were very lose bookings I''m not too nhappy as some on here with him not being sent off.

The first booking being questionable is totally irrelevant though.

[/quote]

...and the intent to bring him down was clearly there which should have resulted in the second yellow.

Agreed 1st Wazzock - the player was already booked when he committed a second bookable offence,  but failed to take the appropriate action.  Torres commited an intentional foul.

So far there are 2 red cards, 3 penalties,  the Martin tackle in Wigan and Torres tackle that are key decisions.  Of the 2 red cards both can be debated but on balance neither were wrong.  Of the penalties only the Stoke one was clearly wrong as it was outside the box, but they did not score.   

So 4 out of 7 decisions were wrong, 3 went against us and one for us.  Of those 7 decisons two affected the result,  Martins nonpenalty gave us a point, while the Torres decision against us cost us one.   

But as heated as we get our getting relegated or promoted will not be decided by the refs.  

Defensive errors have contributed to each of the goals we have conceeded.  

On top of that we could have been comfortably ahead by half time if we had taken our chances more clinically.

Both of those "failures" have affected the results / number of points we have far more than the refs decisions, which are great debating points and a willing and easy victim of blame rather than facing and accepting our destiny remains in our own hands.  

[quote user="ricardo"]I''m not surprised, it will be 11 against 14 all the season.
[/quote]

11 wouldn''t be so bad. Looks like most of the time it''s going to be 10 !

[/quote]What about the couple of bookable offences that the ref let Naughton off with on Saturday apart from his yellow card Nutty?He could quite easily have walked well before Torres.The ref was inconsistent, but was as inconsistently bad for both sides.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

What about the couple of bookable offences that the ref let Naughton off with on Saturday apart from his yellow card Nutty?

He could quite easily have walked well before Torres.

The ref was inconsistent, but was as inconsistently bad for both sides.
[/quote]

That''s also irrelevant Smudger because it''s your opinion. It was the refs opinion to give Torres a yellow card. It was the refs opinion to give the later free kick against Torres. That foul was a yellow card offense, he gave the foul but not the card.

Sometimes, you ain''t half comical Smudge!

Unfortunately its been like this for years as far as the promoted clubs are concerned. I do get fed up with people saying that it will even up in the end because it wont. Ask Ian Hollaway if he felt Blackpool got a fair deal last year.

The problem is that the refs are far too friendly with the established teams and palyers. Read a few of their auto biographies and its all John said this and Wayne did that. When we turn up for matches the refs have no idea who we are and there is no rapore. In the end they are only human and they sub-consciously side with the teams and players they know and are on first name terms with.

I fear if we are the victims of incompetence from officials too many times this season it could be enough to bring about our relegation. 3 matches played so far and refereeing balls-ups in all of them. Appalling!

The Chelsea and Wigan decisions were marginal, and if we had been benefactors I think most of us would be arguing that the refs made the right calls, not that that necessarily means they were right. However any question of the Stoke pen and red card being anything other than a travesty is madness. The guy stuck his leg out in front of Barnett and then when he tripped Barnett he went down as well to get a foul. Should have been our freekick (a yard or 2 outside the area).

I don''t care if I get lambasted for this but I actually thought Swarbrick had a very good game. I think the penalty was a penalty and if you had to call it then and there in two seconds, you''d say clear goal-scoring opportunity and a red card to Ruddy. The second Ramires went over I instantly thought penalty and red card; it''s how the Premiership works. I don''t like it as it was hard to take as we played so well and Ramires went down very theatrically but it was hardly contentious.

With Torres, Neil Adams always used to say that the refs normally give a yellow, then a last and final warning and then the second yellow. It''s something I''ve always assumed is the norm.

Aside from these two points, I don''t think Swarbrick got anything wrong. He was even giving us free kicks in their half for 50:50 challenges with Holt. Hardly a homer.

I don''t like losing in the manner that we did but we can still take a lot of heart from the performance and I don''t find the decision to award the penalty nor to not give Torres a second yellow disgusting decisions or shows that the FA want us relegated.

The most simple way of stopping these decisions is cutting the ball out on the half-way line or stopping the play there, rather than allowing a player to carry the ball 50 yards and having to have Ruddy come rushing out and force the ref to make a snap-decision.