Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Firstly, thank you for all your picks :) There are some great fixtures to chose from, i make it 41 over 22 fixtures chosen so far, and I expect there will be a few more come in later, but i''m going to post the final six now otherwise I might forget....

Its been hard narrowing it down, i eliminated a few fairly quickly but getting it down to six is a very hard job and hopefully the six i have chosen will come good.

MANCHESTER CITY vs Wigan- Home win

ANZHI MAKHACHKALA vs Volga Nizhy Novgorod- Home win

Kapfenberget vs SALZBURG- Away win

ARSENAL vs Swansea- Home win

UNIVERSITATEA vs Concordia- Home win

Lyngby vs FC COPENHAGEN- Away win

Thats the six, as i said it was really hard and i''m sorry if i left your pick out. As i said there were a few i eliminated early on, such as Liverpool, don''t think i can trust them enough to pick them to win, Colchester the same and West Ham, despite all likely winners.

Man.C were an obvious choice, have been picked by 9 different people, don''t think i could have left them out. I like Tilly, mehtcanary and Purple''s suggestions a lot, so have included them over some of the domestic ones, because for some reason I just trust the foreign odds on teams to do the business more than the English clubs. Arsenal have to win this week, with new signings and Swansea yet to score, there in no way on earth they can fail to win this one. I included my own pick despite know one else choosing it (Hope this is ok, if its not i have a back up in mind) because out of all the time i spent looking at fixtures a couple of days ago, it just stood out to me the most, plus i''m 95% sure every time one of my picks was in the final six last season, the team won :P There were some very close calls, like Madrid i didn''t include them because i think they are 1/11 to win, which just brings down the winnings too much really. I would rather get a slightly bigger win over just picking the really obvious fixtures, although all of the teams i have chosen are odds on because thats the way football betting works...

Anyway, there are the chosen six, thanks for all your help and i really hope we can get off to a winning start :)

Apologies for the lateness.

I''ll have a Bayern home win please. Good luck Ginger all al my fellow pups old and new.

Great stuff Ginger Pele!! Thank you for these. We can all see the time and care you have put into arriving at the final six and what a brilliant job you have done. This is one of the best balanced set of selections I have seen made. These look like 6 certs to me but with a very decent return.

And because the bet is placed on line I can now tell you that the potential return is £56.07 and the bet has been placed.

Date & time

EventYour BetResultReturn
09.Sep 2011 23:17Lyngby BK v FC CopenhagenMatch Betting, FC Copenhagen, 1/3Open 
09.Sep 2011 23:17Arsenal v SwanseaMatch Betting, Arsenal , 4/11Open 
09.Sep 2011 23:17Man City v WiganMatch Betting, Manchester City, 1/6Open 
09.Sep 2011 23:17Kapfenberger SV v Red Bull SalzburgMatch Betting, Red Bull Salzburg, 8/13Open 
09.Sep 2011 23:17Universitatea Cluj v Concordia ChiajnaMatch Betting, Universitatea Cluj, 4/11Open 
09.Sep 2011 23:17Anzhi v Volga Nizhny NovgorodMatch Betting, Anzhi, 1/5Open 
  Accumulator  £10     (Pot.Ret. £56.07) Open

We get underway with Copenhagen at 2pm tomorrow followed by Arsenal and Manchester City at 3pm. Salzburg kick off at 5:30pm and all being well we will go into Sunday undefeated. Then (after watching Norwich beat WBA 2-1 at Carrow Road with goals from Holt and De Laet) Universitatea kick off at 5pm and Anzhi at 5:30.

Well done everyone and good luck to you all. It''s great to be back doing this again  [:)]

Sorry its so late. Going to be original here and plump for..................Man City..home win.  Sorry all.

Incidentally, just placed a 4 team accumulator with a stake of £4 and the return is £107...............i''ll let you know how I get on.  Also you can get 12-1 odds on Motherwell beating Celtic at Celtic Park....Motherwell are in great form, it could happen people.  I put £2 on it and will halve the winnings with this thread if it comes in. 

Good luck GP

Apologies for lateness as well,i will go for CHARLTON HOME win please.

Good luck all.and good to see the thread back[Y]

Oh no! As if I missed this! I thought it started next week - and this was still the thread about raising money for it! Very sorry GP, looks like you have got a great set of picks without me though. Arsenal (even in their disarray!) and Man City both look dead on home bankers to me.I am going for Man City home win please. [Y]Great to have this back - and again sorry I completely missed it until now!Good luck GP and everyone! Cheers Nutty!

I''m joint top :)

Copenhagen managed a 1-0 win, scored early on was very nerve racking checking the score every few mins to see it was still 1-0 but thats one in the bag already, i knew my own pick would come good :)

Liverpool Lost, although the beeb said it was 1-1!!!

Well im not having a good day, although Leon Osman and Leighton Baines both scored and are in my dream team! [:)]

So far so good Ginger Pele. Three in the bag[Y]

Salzburg are 2-1 up at half-time. The live score can be found on this link

You''ve already avoided some banana skins including my pick Colchester!

I''ll be back late tonight to check it out.

Great start GP and i am sure i speak for everybody when i say that a win this weekend would be for Nutty and all he has done.[Y]

It''s you PUPs that make this happen. I just look after it for you.

Hope you''re sleeping well Ginger Pele[S] It''s a great position to be in overnight. Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day. We have the City match at 1:30 and then our last two games are at 5 & 5:30. So much to look forward to[Y]

I''ll be in the Nelson after the game so hope to see some of you PUPs celebrating a City win[<:o)][B]

Nutty you definatly deserve a huge amount of of credit for your devotion to this thread, i imagine this thread keeps a few posters on this forum, and without it would probably not bother.

Universitatea are 1-0 up at start of second half, Anzhi went 1-0 down after 4 mins, but are back at 1-1 not too far off half time there. Please can they both win, I need something to make today better.

Let down by an 84th min equaliser, a few hours earlier in a different game, exactly what I wanted. Anzhi won 2-1, so just that one goal losing it.... Feel even worse now.

Seriously unlucky GP. They were a great set of picks and footy results just didn''t go our way today.

Davo

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Let down by an 84th min equaliser, a few hours earlier in a different game, exactly what I wanted. Anzhi won 2-1, so just that one goal losing it.... Feel even worse now.[/quote]

Sorry I haven''t been on before GPele, I have been away from my computer until now. But I kept up with your matches and you were sooo unlucky. I know you are disappointed but you should still be proud of what was a valiant effort and you were only denied at the very last. I was in the Nelson after the game and your excellent selections were the topic of conversation. There must have been 10 PUPs in there and they were willing your final two selections to come in. I''m sure PUPs from all over the world were doing the same. So thank you for that tremendous effort and I''m already looking forward to the next time you get to pick.

When I was in the Nelson today I collected over £100 from you PUPs. Thank you so much one and all for such support. Even posters who only pick very occasionally gave supported us. And I received a paypal tenner from a poster who never picks at all. It''s this absolutely brilliant response that means Rays Funds for FONCY is secure for this season. In the last two weeks you PUPs have sent me £365 and I have promises which will take that total to over £500.

Had we won today from Ginger Pele''s excellent selections it would have been no less than you all deserved. I am so proud to be associated with such a remarkable bunch of people[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

When I was in the Nelson today I collected over £100 from you PUPs. Thank you so much one and all for such support. Even posters who only pick very occasionally gave supported us. And I received a paypal tenner from a poster who never picks at all. It''s this absolutely brilliant response that means Rays Funds for FONCY is secure for this season. In the last two weeks you PUPs have sent me £365 and I have promises which will take that total to over £500. [/quote]

Makes you proud to be a PUP, just goes to show how we can all pull together when we need to.

Arrdee will be smiling down on us all, bless him.

47 PUPs selected this week with 38 correct making a success rate of 81%. Between you 23 games were selected of which 16 won making a strike rate of 70%.

This was a magnificent effort by all you PUPs showing you’re not at all rusty. In fact you must have been in training throughout the summer to have come out of the blocks in such good form.

Thank you again Ginger Pele. You have joined the “5 wins and 1 drawn club” which is the unluckiest club on these threads.

I’ll be back tomorrow evening with the new thread when it’s Scooby’s week to pick.

[:)]