Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week one of the new Rays Funds for Foncy season. We’re a little late starting but thanks to the support, generosity and enthusiasm of all you PUPs we‘re ready to go and it‘s great to be back. To get us underway this week we have our good friend Ginger Pele in charge and making the final selections. Ginger Pele had a terrific season last time with an 80% strike rate by having 32 winning weeks out of 40. If there were trophies for “most improved PUP” and “young PUP of the year” He would have won both last season. I have been looking forward to him making the final selections all summer and it’s great that he agreed to be first up.

But good as young Pele is he is going to need all your help if he’s to get our season underway with a winning week. I’m sure you PUPs won’t let him down. Don’t forget all we want is your very best selection from the Saturday and Sunday games. The one big change in the selection process for this season is that your selection must be priced by Stan James. This is imperative because I will be placing the bets there online. Stan James website is here but you can just as easily check by using our old favourite oddschecker.com. If you’re unsure ask on the thread and I’m sure one of us can help you.

Here are some links to a few sites us PUPs find useful in selecting :-

http://www.soccerstats.com/index.asp

http://weekendfootball.co.uk/

http://www.goalwire.com/

http://www.statto.com/

http://www.oddschecker.com/

The final selections rota for the rest of September is as follows : -

17th September Scooby

24th September NCFCStar

I’ll get to work on Octobers rota ASAP.

Ill hand the thread over to Ginger Pele now. Theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Sonny... the free bet is yours.......[:)]..............

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, yes Norfolkchance1 £1298 for the Academy,so far.

As with all messageboard communities new people join all the time. Many of you probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on each weeks thread.

Here is a brief run through for anyone who may be interested :-

The Pink Un Message Board''s Rays Funds For FONCY Thread: -

These threads were set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. Theres a new thread every week where Pink Un Pickers (PUPs) from all over the world unite to try and get a winning line of six correct results from the weekends football fixtures.

How It Works : -

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet and post the bet and the odds on here by the Saturday lunchtime.

Have we won? : -

So far there have been 25 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £1298 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying.

Want To Take Part? : -

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

Nutty might be able to clarify but as we are financing the Bet this year, I think we should be able to place bets for the thread as well. The way I envision this is if someone saw a bet they wanted to place with the full proceeds (including the wager amount) going to our FONCY pot, then they can Paypal Nutty the funds with the wager details. Should it win, more money for FONCY.

Obviously the bets would have to be prepaid as Nutty and the thread can''t act as your bank, but I do think we should be able to bet for the Thread even if it isn''t our "week." Nutty will have to figure out what to do regarding the Signature as traditionally that has been for people picking the accumulator on their week, but we should probably have the option to place some bankers as they come up should we wish. How does this sound everyone? Nutty?

The best thread on this message board! I''ll start the napping with a home win for Norwich! Shane long out and Peter O is 50/50 it''s good as we have Rudd instead of Ruddy.

I''ll go for Norwich vs West Brom Home Win.

Good luck GP.

Greetings fellow Pups.

This is a great thing to be involved with and hopefully we will be welcoming many new pickers this year, making it even harder to defend my title!

Manchester City look pretty tasty to me and I think they''ll have way too much for a pretty limited Wigan side, so my first nap of the season is

MANCHESTER CITY v Wigan  - Home win.

Good luck Ginge and all you lovely Pups! It was good taking Billy''s money, but it will feel even sweeter fleecing a big national chain! [B][^][D][<:o)]

Isn''t it great to be back? My first offering this season is

Arsenal v Swansea - Home Win

Fancy Arsenal to get their season up and running on Saturday.

Best of luck GP, and of course all you PUPs

Yes Sid it is great to be back!! I''ll head off to Germany for

BAYERN MUNICH -v- Freiburg   HOME WIN

Good Luck Ginger Pele and all you Lovely PUPs[:D][<:o)]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Nutty might be able to clarify but as we are financing the Bet this year, I think we should be able to place bets for the thread as well. The way I envision this is if someone saw a bet they wanted to place with the full proceeds (including the wager amount) going to our FONCY pot, then they can Paypal Nutty the funds with the wager details. Should it win, more money for FONCY.

Obviously the bets would have to be prepaid as Nutty and the thread can''t act as your bank, but I do think we should be able to bet for the Thread even if it isn''t our "week." Nutty will have to figure out what to do regarding the Signature as traditionally that has been for people picking the accumulator on their week, but we should probably have the option to place some bankers as they come up should we wish. How does this sound everyone? Nutty?[/quote]Sounds a bit over-engineered, though I do like the idea.  Why don''t people just place their own bets and then send Nutty any winnings they want to?Worth debating, but is this worth a separate thread to prevent the picks getting cluttered?

Great to have this thread back, well done to NN for his determination to keep this thread going and of course my very best wishes to Billy and Ange.. Saturday''s just aren''t the same without our little chat about the Canaries.

My first pick and I always look for a bit of value rather than a stonking certainty so be warned GP this week for me it''s even with the inspirational Cody I can see Derby continuing thier recent good form against a Coventry side who are in a bad way from all reports

Co(dy)ventry Vs DERBY Away Win 15/8 with ladbrokes.

Good Luck with the first week GP It''s good to be back

- and I got to post a thread involving Cody even after he''s left[:D]

[D]

Good to be back on this thread Nutty and let me just say that you are an absolute star to keep this going with the help and support of the wonderful PUPs who ALL deserve a big pat on the back.

Home win for ANZHI MAKHACHKALA (2/9) v Volga Nizhy Novgorod (11/1) please.

To save you googling it Nutty they are in Russia.[;)]

I have just drunk 10 pints of Stella4 and not a spelling mistake to be found.Now had it have been the proper Stella i doubt i would even have found my laptop.[:P]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Nutty might be able to clarify but as we are financing the Bet this year, I think we should be able to place bets for the thread as well. The way I envision this is if someone saw a bet they wanted to place with the full proceeds (including the wager amount) going to our FONCY pot, then they can Paypal Nutty the funds with the wager details. Should it win, more money for FONCY. Obviously the bets would have to be prepaid as Nutty and the thread can''t act as your bank, but I do think we should be able to bet for the Thread even if it isn''t our "week." Nutty will have to figure out what to do regarding the Signature as traditionally that has been for people picking the accumulator on their week, but we should probably have the option to place some bankers as they come up should we wish. How does this sound everyone? Nutty?[/quote]

I''m quite happy with this NYC. This thread belongs to you PUPs I just facilitate it for you.

I was thinking about this. I do a fiver accumulator most weeks. I was considering putting another £1 for the PUPs pot. If anyone else wants to do that they can. It''s no problem keeping a record of it and I will publish any other bets we have running when I post the main bet once it''s placed. But I do strongly suggest keeping the stake small. That way we could keep a seperate table showing who won most money.

However, nothing should get in the way of the main bet and if, as seems likely, donations come to more than we need then it would be possible for more people to get on the rota.

Ray would have welcomed this. I remember him trying to get extra bets running back in the early days. He would be chuffed to bits seeing his PUPs not only carrying on but also expanding.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Good to be back on this thread Nutty and let me just say that you are an absolute star to keep this going with the help and support of the wonderful PUPs who ALL deserve a big pat on the back.

Home win for ANZHI MAKHACHKALA (2/9) v Volga Nizhy Novgorod (11/1) please.

To save you googling it Nutty they are in Russia.[;)]

I have just drunk 10 pints of Stella4 and not a spelling mistake to be found.Now had it have been the proper Stella i doubt i would even have found my laptop.[:P]

[/quote]

I''m doubting the validity of this claim Tilly. Maybe you could drink them and maybe not. But sure as Taddy''s Taddy you wouldn''t have found ten people to buy them for you[H]

[B] [B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B] .....

In your.............

[S]

Super. If I lived in the UK I would happily take on this role and organize and place all the side bets needed. But alas, even New York City cannot produce a reliable bookie, let alone a legal one so I will send the bets to you Nutty.

I will also kick off the extra bet as well...

For my Thread pick I will go for Man City HOME WIN over Wigan.

For an extra 5 quid which I am going to Paypal to you tonight Nutty, I would like to go with a Norwich City HOME WIN coupled with Holt 1st to score. That''s a 6/4 along with an 11/2 on Stan James. That''s the kind of thing I was thinking about.

Welcome back everyone! Great job Nutty.

Now it would be easy, you would think, to go for a nice safe Man City win, or maybe Arsenal? But, seeing as we''re here to give young GP a hand I''m going to give him one for the pot.

Dynamo Kiev vs Illychivets Mariupil, in the Ukraine. HOME WIN. (Hopefully some odds somewhere?)

Not until Sunday evening so, if picked by GP, should keep the interest going.

Good luck GP, get us off to a winning start!

Good luck this week GP.I''m going to have to be boring, but it''s all about getting the academy some money, however little it is!So therefore I''m expecting:Man City to beat WiganGood luck GP and all you Pups!

Hi Pups, great to back on this thread!

Thanks, as ever go to Nutty who works tirelessly making this a success - unless someone disturbs him cleaning the bogs!

Gingerpele, I have no doubt that you''re going to give it your best shot and to help you in your selection I am napping

SOUTHAMPTON v Nottingham Forest - HOME WIN to pour more misery on Steve Maclaren.

Good Luck Pups!

Leedscanary

Good Luck GP

I''m going to dive into League One and plump for CHARLTON to turn over Exeter.

I''ll also be putting a little acca together for the weekend.....Good Luck PUPs

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

For an extra 5 quid which I am going to Paypal to you tonight Nutty, I would like to go with a Norwich City HOME WIN coupled with Holt 1st to score. That''s a 6/4 along with an 11/2 on Stan James. That''s the kind of thing I was thinking about.[/quote]

There''s no facility to couple those two outcomes NYC. They price for correct score and 1st goalscorer but not coupling a win with first goalscorer. Sorry but I can''t do it unless I can place the bet online.

[quote user="Scooby"]Welcome back everyone! Great job Nutty. Now it would be easy, you would think, to go for a nice safe Man City win, or maybe Arsenal? But, seeing as we''re here to give young GP a hand I''m going to give him one for the pot. Dynamo Kiev vs Illychivets Mariupil, in the Ukraine. HOME WIN. (Hopefully some odds somewhere?) Not until Sunday evening so, if picked by GP, should keep the interest going. Good luck GP, get us off to a winning start![/quote]

Scooby, at present this game isn''t priced with Stan James so it would be impossible for me to include it. With Billy I could include anything where there was a price anywhere. Now I have to place the bet online it has to be listed on a Stan James coupon.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]The best thread on this message board! I''ll start the napping with a home win for Norwich! Shane long out and Peter O is 50/50 it''s good as we have Rudd instead of Ruddy. I''ll go for Norwich vs West Brom Home Win. Good luck GP.[/quote]#

Sorry to be a pain Nutty, but reading reports today that Long is 50-50 and Peter O is fit makes me want to avoid our game. Instead ill go for my joint second favourite team in the prem, Liverpool to beat stoke. King Kenny realised that Stoke were set to sign Crouch so he has got in another lank from Uruguay, Coates. Liverpool also have much more about them thios season and I think that will beat stoke away.

Stoke vs LIVERPOOL Away Win. 6/5 for away win with Stanny!!

Looking forward to choosing the final six tomorrow evening, already have 10 different fixtures to chose from although nutty has said the Dynamo Kiev odds aren''t available on stan james, so that may rule that one out immediately unfortunately, espcially since they have leagues such as Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland and Israeli available, you would have thought the Ukraine league would be there as well. Already got a couple of certain picks and i''ve been looking at what little stats are available for this season for the teams chosen as well, theres a couple of fixtures i''m hoping people will pick up on.

I''m just going to throw my own pick in now, in the Danish league where they have already played seven games, so form comes into it a bit more than some of the leagues at this stage of the season, were top of the league Copenhagen who are unbeaten winning 6 and drawing one, face Lyngby who have only won once at home, drawing and losing the other two at home, with losing all 4 away games.

Lyngby v FC Copenhagen- AWAY WIN.

Thanks for all your picks so far, there are some good fixtures to pick from, and hopefully i can select the winning six :) I''ll post the final six some point tomorrow evening (will leave it as late as possible, to give as many as possible a chance to give there selection)

Salzburg to win away at Kapfenberger in the Austrian Bundesliga for me this week. It''s good to be back as others have said before.

Good luck Gingerpele and all PUPs old and new.

MC

Always important to get off to a good start in the season, I know they will be atrocious odds but a Nap is a Nap and so I will plump for a Real Madrid home win vs Getafe in Saturday night.

Great to see the Pups league up and running for the season despite the difficulties, well done Nutty, and good luck with your selections Ginger Pele!

Hello everyone and may I say how great it is to see this thread back at the top of this messageboard again.

I decided at end of last season that my nap each week is going to be a bit more adventurous by being an away win so here goes!

Liverpool to win away at Stoke for me I think these are the sort of games Dalglish will get Liverpool winning this season.

Good look Gingerpele and all lets get off to a great start.

OK, I see that yes they have odds but won''t let us accumulate these online. Instead of that bet then lets put the fiver on Richie DeLaet to score anytime. I think even though he''s a fullback, 12/1 is good value for that.