Sign in to follow this  
Lets be aving you!

Adeyemi gone to Oldham

Good move for him and us. Lot''s of potential and he''s not going to develop with us at the momment. Could do with getting Francomb and Smith a decent short loan move to Championship clubs or maybe League 1 for Francomb.

Good for him... Promising player, Last season in League 2, next few months in League 1, hopefully get him out somewhere in the Championship for a few months after Xmas and then he should be ready to step up to the Premiership with us next season. Best of luck to the lad!

Hopefully Oldham play the ball on the floor, unlike his stint at Bradford last season. Will be good for him, gifted footballer, just needs time ''battling'' to turn into a good player. Have high hopes for Adeyemi!

Agreed Wishbone. I reckon if Adeyemi can add some battling qualities and a bit more confidence and bravery to his undoubted talents he could be one of the best midfielders to have come through our Academy. The icing on the cake for me is that he is a Norwich lad and they are few and far between in the football league.

Pleased to see that Lambert rates him and glad to see these comments from Dickov on the front page.

Latics’ boss Paul Dickov revealed Adeyemi had come highly recommended.

“The biggest compliment came from Norwich manager Paul Lambert who told me had his side not been promoted to the Premier League, he would have played for them in the Championship this season,” he said. “I have had a number of conversations with Paul Lambert and know how highly regarded he is. We are very lucky to have him.

“Tom is a player I have looked to get in for a long time and he will give us a lot of quality. He is an all-round box-to-box player who will add quality on the ball as he has an eye for a pass. Tom is also quick, while the physical aspect of League One will not be a problem.”

To counter the negativity on here today, nice to hear Adeyemi had a good game on saturday and Paul Dickov is speaking highly of him!

The kids are always the future of every club. Shame we dont produce more who are capable of playing for us at the highest level. Be good for Francomb and Korey to get some loan time...

This is good news for all of us. Especially the PUPs who have contributed to his development.

By the sounds of it he certainly did have a good game on Saturday. Widely regarded as the MOM in fact. Will be playing for Oldham tonight against Walsall.

Tom tipped for the top

Reporter: Matthew Chambers
Date online: 13 September 2011

TOM Adeyemi could add some all-important potency from midfield as he ratchets up towards full speed.

The 19-year-old took some time before fully hitting his straps in a loan spell with Bradford City in npower League Two last season. His first prolonged spell in senior football yielded five goals.

The indications are that the well-regarded athletic Norwich City prospect is seeking to add at least the same number to his tally at a higher level with Athletic in the near future — marking him out as a similar figure to last season''s 10-goal playmaker Dale Stephens.

"Once the players get used to how Tom plays, he will be a goal threat for us,” said Athletic manager Paul Dickov, who praised Adeyemi for the way he immediately settled into life at his new club.

"He can play and he makes fantastic runs into the box — something we have not had since Dale left.

"And he will score goals for us. He is a 19-year-old kid but his attitude in training and in the way he handles himself is way beyond his years."

Both the sponsors'' and Chronicle star man in the drab 1-1 draw with Stevenage on Saturday, Adeyemi''s first thoughts at Walsall tonight (7.45pm kick-off) will be turned towards prevention by Dickov.

Last term, the two sides fought out a pair of 1-1 draws and the Athletic boss is concerned that his side don''t give anything away too cheaply at the Bescot Stadium.

"We had two really good, hard games against them last season," he added.

"They have got Jon Macken up front, who is a threat, and good players all over the field who are hard to break down. They try to play football the right way.

"On their day, they can beat anybody and like any other side in this division, are striving for consistency.

"They are a good team and we have to make sure we set up properly without the ball to give ourselves a base to play.

"It is a game I believe we can win. We had a chat with the boys and as much as we are all disappointed — players, staff and fans — we can''t turn the clock back to three o''clock on Saturday afternoon.

"We have to learn from it and there is no better thing in football than having another game so close to the one you have just played in.

"Whether I am mad or naive, I don''t know. But I believe when we go out, we can win every game we play.

"But we have to have better quality on the ball and get our better players into the game. And when that happens, they have to produce."

Walsall have been beaten in their last two league fixtures, by the only goal of the game at home to Brentford and at Notts County on Saturday.

Slow starts have cost the Saddlers dear and new midfield arrival from Leyton Orient, Adam Chambers, is keen to arrest that pattern.

“You don’t like losing or getting into a losing run and we need to put it right," he said. "We want to start well and we’re trying to do that but we’ve got to get on the front foot straight away.

“In both games (against Brentford and Notts County) if we’d started like we have done in the second half we could have had two different results. We can’t quite put our finger on why it takes 45 minutes to get going and we have to rectify it."

Oldham Evening Chronicle.

It was only a friendly, but Tom Adeyemi dominated a Man U youth/reserve team in a pre-season friendly a couple of seasons ago (capping it with a 25 yarder for the opening goal) and looked by far the best prospect on the pitch.  I hope he carries on developing into an intelligent box to box midfielder as I think he would definitely do a job for us - especially if this season doesn''t work out and we end up back in the Championship.

Adeyemi for me has the potential to be a premiership player and is a better prospect than korey smith.

I hope his loan spell goes well, I certainly feel he is our future in the midfield, glad Lambert does too.

Energy, size, ability on the ball, strength and nouse. For me he will be a viera style player. So impressed by him, our best youth player since Robert Green in my eyes.

i really think he is one for us to look forward to having in our first team squad, lets hope he can be involved in the premiership possibly next year.