Sign in to follow this  
MidlandsCanary

Midland Canaries

Hi

Its my first post on here have been viewing this message board for years so thought id join in with the fun.

I was just woundering if there was any City fans in the Midlands who go to home and away matches i try to go to as many as possible but would be nice to meet people around my area as i go mainly on my own to the games at the moment.

Also if anyone has a spare Man Utd away ticket i would pay over the odds to get a ticket .

Before moving back to Norwich we used to do every home match from Lichfield. There are lots of midland canaries a number based around Cannock. They always tended to have a social based around I think the Wolves game.

Hi

I live in leamington in Warwickshire

Would be good if there was a group for meeting up/sharing lifts

Not that I''ve got any chance of getting a ticket!!!

I work in Coventry, stay in Nuneaton during the week but seem to spend most evenings out in Leamington!!OTBC.

I''m in Coventry most weekends in London the rest of the time. An away season ticket holder so travel to all away games and occasional home games. Sometimes have a spare ticket if my partner can''t make it but Man U isn''t one of those surprise surprise.

Would be good to meet up with other city fans, even to watch occasional Sky matches. I''m fed up of being the only Norwich fan in the pub...

I''m in Warwick, I didn''t know there were any other Norwich fans in these parts. Certainly never seen anyone wearing shirts.

Davo

Hi thanks for all the replies its good to no im not the only one living in the midlands :)

Im from herefordshire so quite close to all you guys.

Are any of you midlanders going to bolton ??

Midland Canaries do (well did) exist.... they have a flag and everything!!!! Used to be a member before moving to Oz, had a team in the supporters group 5-aside, marvellous time in malaysia and all sorts.

Lots of people spread over Midlands area.

If he is still doing it, it is run by a lovely fella in Cannock, who at the moment is starting to climb up Mount Kilimanjaro.

If you go to an away game look for the Flag.

Good to read all about you, Hey Holty I pass Coventry on the way to Bolton and Man U so if you fancy a lift let me know. Took 3 passengers to Wigan and they all enjoyed the chauffeur ride and will be coming to other games.

I''m in Walsall and work in West Bromwich in the school across the road from the Hawthorns. One of the girls in my tutor group burst in on Tuesday to tell me she had tickets and was heading to Carrow Road. She didn''t look best please when I told her it was on the television.

Sorry to drag this post up but in the absence of any other site that I could find, I''ve set up a Facebook group for any Midlands Norwich fans interested in travelling to matches together... Hopefully we''ll get a few people together for the Liverpool or Villa match.

http://goo.gl/3LYrQ

*BUMP*

Cannock Canary meet 2021

"it was a sign!"

A random one I know, but during an electric car charge (tin hat on) in Cannock on my London-Southport family meet, I walked into the town centre with my better half only to walkpast a gentleman and his fine lady wearing an NCFC cap. I onlycaught it last minute but couldn't help an air fist pump and an "OTBC"/"We're going up up up". We were both a bit shocked, especially him due to my now Cocker'ney accent (it's been nearly 43 years, dont hate me...hate my mum 🙃)...

...so, I just wondered if said Gent is on here? Apologies I didn't stop to chat. 

OTBC

1 hour ago, spencer 1970 said:

*BUMP*

Cannock Canary meet 2021

"it was a sign!"

A random one I know, but during an electric car charge (tin hat on) in Cannock on my London-Southport family meet, I walked into the town centre with my better half only to walkpast a gentleman and his fine lady wearing an NCFC cap. I onlycaught it last minute but couldn't help an air fist pump and an "OTBC"/"We're going up up up". We were both a bit shocked, especially him due to my now Cocker'ney accent (it's been nearly 43 years, dont hate me...hate my mum 🙃)...

...so, I just wondered if said Gent is on here? Apologies I didn't stop to chat. 

OTBC

Well I'm near the Midlands, have a Norwich cap , love Southport but the fine lady bit maybe not!

On 06/09/2011 at 20:07, Lambert is King said:

Before moving back to Norwich we used to do every home match from Lichfield. There are lots of midland canaries a number based around Cannock. They always tended to have a social based around I think the Wolves game.

Moved out of Lichfield myself three years ago, guessing you aren’t on this forum anymore (the name gives it away)

On 09/09/2011 at 08:38, Canary Tyke said:

Midland Canaries do (well did) exist.... they have a flag and everything!!!! Used to be a member before moving to Oz, had a team in the supporters group 5-aside, marvellous time in malaysia and all sorts.

Lots of people spread over Midlands area.

If he is still doing it, it is run by a lovely fella in Cannock, who at the moment is starting to climb up Mount Kilimanjaro.

If you go to an away game look for the Flag.

Was it Andy ?

Did you play in the 5 a side in the dome at Colney ? Lost in the final to I think it was Yarmouth.

Think Midlands canaries split up due to lack of numbers, I am in Brownhills.

58 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Moved out of Lichfield myself three years ago, guessing you aren’t on this forum anymore (the name gives it away)

We lived Lichfield on the new estate ( then ) where Waitrose was built.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

We lived Lichfield on the new estate ( then ) where Waitrose was built.

I know it, I lived up by Lichfield city FC

• Like 1

Drove to work today and a big Norwich flag hanging out a window on the A47 3 miles out of Leicester. There’s some chap with the club badge painted on his work van back doors near Victoria park too. Lots of Norwich fans in Leicester which is nice to see. 

• Like 1