Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

would selling hux be so bad?

would it be so bad if we sold huckerby for a reasonable amount such as 3million? at least we could bring in someone else besides ashton and after today i think we need a few dont you?

Its a load of old cobblers that Liverpool looking at Huckerby..... he is a great fizzy league player and can just about hold his own in the Prem - Liverpool can do alot better than that imo.

If Liverpool bid £4m+, we should take it, but I can''t see them doing that.

To be fair, everything Huckerby did well last year, he hasn''t done this year...His finishing has been poor, whereas last season, some of his finishing was class. Last season, he was beating a defender or two, then delivering into the box...this season, he beats the man, but then stops and tries to beat him again, then loses the ball. His end product this season is severely lacking, perhaps why there is so much criticism of him at this level.

I don''t want to sell him at all, but if it''s good money...

IMO he''s suffering (as they all are) from a lack of confidence in front of goal, within a team that''s more often than not very high on effort but understandably low on confidence.  To get rid of him now would be foolish in the extreme. 

First up, would anyone like to do so without first seeing what sort of relationship he can strike up with a certain Mr. Ashton?

Secondly, when you get rid you have to have decent alternatives not just in mind but virtually on the way for the guided tour.  Suggestions anyone as I''m a bit stumped right now?

Finally, if the worst case scenario happens in May would you regret not having him on board to tear those hapless fizzy defences apart again as the team attempts to bounce straight back up?

If you can answer yes, name someone who is on the way who will be at least as good if not better in every way (and that doesn''t just mean on the pitch), and no, then buy him a phrasebook and a one way ticket by all means.  I won''t be contributing though and it''s nothing to do with his haircut, looks, house or anything else equally daft.  (See other thread on the topic).  Sorry!  

I clearly watch differrent games to some of the posters....Hucks is still the only truly class player we have.  I would suggest he is the first outfield name down on Worthy''s team sheet each and every week.

selling huckerby ? what football team do you watch week in week out if you remember we did not pay 1/3 of the 3 million that you say so what makes you think that we would get that for him ,and in case you had forgot huckerby creates chances and why would we go and risk 3 million on a new striker and then go and sell the player who will probably help to keep us up by creating chances for mr ashton.dont mean to be blunt but would not be very good buisiness to me .sorry if this sounds offensive not ment to (keep the faith)