Sign in to follow this  
Barclay hero

Carling Cup - 1st Round

5 Championship side currently losing - including the Binners, 2-1 at home to Northampton of all teams

Looks like we might not have the chance of thrashing them 6-1 in this competition at least (4-1, 5-1, next in the series...)

Think at 9pm it was only 5 from 14 championshp clubs winning to lesser opposition [:D]

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]scum knocked out, probably will say it was a b team[/quote]

No, to be fair , I think Northampton put their best side out :)))

Binners have gone.....as have Barnsley, Coventry, Derby, Hull, Portsmouth, with Burnley, Forest and Posh going to Extra Time, all against lower league opposition.  As the draw is seeded for Round 2, theres a fair chance we''ll be up against a side from league 1 or 2 in the next round.....

[quote user="SW19Canary"]My heart goes out to them. .[/quote]

Do you mean the Northampton fans that had to endure a trip to the Binyard?

Just looking through the crowds for the games and the likes of pompey, hull and barnsley only got 4000 for their games. The competition really seems to have lost any value and championship sides dont really seem to care about it any more and you can see why really as its just extra midweek games and even if a good run does come the likely outcome is eventually getting knocked out by one of the big boys. I know we go out of it every time in the early rounds and too be honest im never really too bothered