Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Wigan game and the riots

Hi everyone

Is anyone worried that the Wigan game will get called off due to the scummy rioters?

Wigan is under the jurisdiction of Greater Manchester Police and if the rioting continues in the city over tonight, there must be serious questions about Police resources.

I now see on SSN the PL and FL will be meeting tomorrow to discuss fixtures. I think that as it isn''t a massive crowd expected and with stewards etc we should be okay, but there is still a little concern.

On another point, is anyone planning on staying in Manchester Saturday night as a mate and I are (in Salford hotel!) and now worried about safety,,,

SCUMBAGS.

I know there''s another thread about this, but this is the latest from the BBC -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14472012.stm

Sorry, just noticed the post further down the message board..

I think it SHOULD be okay, unless the PL decides to go for a blanket cancellation of fixtures. It is supposed to be raining the next few days, which should wash away the gits!

Hopefully they will get bored and go home to play on their newly looted iPads and TVs!

We live in Preston and it has rained so much this "summer" we have now got webbed feet. Pouring down today, also rain forecast for tomorrow but we may be lucky enough to get "grey cloud" on Frday! Oh, and the temp was 12.5 degrees this morning - bring your vest to Wigan!