Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Any More before end of the window?

Anyone think there''s any more signings to be done before the end of the window?

Maybe a keeper to challenge Ruddy? or a bit more experience at the back? Maybe a move for Lansbury or Pacheco? Maybe a cheeky foreigner to add a bit of an unknown entity to the mix?

Plenty left of the transfer merry-go-round left, so maybe we have some opportunities that weren''t there a month ago. Perhaps it depends on us selling off our deadwood too.

Interestingly there is a gap in the squad numbers between Naughton(25) and Adeyemi (26). Maybe looking too much into it.

I do think that it''ll probably happen once the deadwood is gone though, clear the wage bill to get him in.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]Interestingly there is a gap in the squad numbers between Naughton(25) and Adeyemi (26).  [/quote]

I don''t think it''s likely there''ll be anyone wearing shirt number "25.5" or similar.

PL has surprised us before, but so far there has been little evident new interest - even the rumours have gone quiet recently.

I suspect that he has kept some money back in case he needs to sign anyone in January, and he needs a squad place or two. Heaven forbid, but what if Vaughan''s injury becomes long term, or Ward is so far off the pace, or Ruddy regresses to errors again? We have a good squad,although big injuries, loss of form, or even fall-outs could occur, but in advance they can''t be seen.

PL has been firm that he wants (British) young, hungry players with potential. Perhaps in January he may need to buy in experience, but what hppens when he suspends his philosophy?

Would the first few games not determine whether we bring someone in before the end of the month? If we''re doing fine then no, if we are really struggling or struggling in certain areas then yes? Even if we are appear to be really struggling in defence for example, would Lambert make a rush decision and bring someone in or would he try and ''fix'' it with the players we''ve got and perhaps maybe plan to bring someone in in Jan?

I dont think PL will be rushed into anything else before the end of August. Even with the odd injury he has quite a few options to mix and match it.

I think we will go with what we have until January when he will reassess. Whilst january prices are inflated we have a very hard run in with fixtures at the end of the season and i think we need plenty of points on the board before we go into those last 10 games

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]Interestingly there is a gap in the squad numbers between Naughton(25) and Adeyemi (26).  [/quote]

I don''t think it''s likely there''ll be anyone wearing shirt number "25.5" or similar.

[/quote]

Whoops, Adeyemi (27)*.

Twtd of all places say Norwich are one of 4 clubs trying to sign Liverpool central defender Daniel Ayala , Swansea , Scum and Hull being the other 3 .

I think we could probably do with another central defender in case of injury which is quite likely.

If anything happens to Barnet or De-Laet we might struggle.

Ayala seems a good bet if the rumours are true.