Sign in to follow this  
Sly Dog

Guardian Norwich Preview

I saw this, was good to hear their opinion and reasons for why (wait for the end) ?Norwich are guarenteed to be relegated.

I didnt think the reasons matched his conclusion.

Thought it was a pretty good and fair video to be honest, Paul Doyle calls Fox a ''warrior'' which isn''t that accurate but compared to many other things I have seen this has been better researched than most. Was interested to hear his comments about adding a lot of pace which might hint towards a counter attacking style.

Saying our defence is our weakness is along the lines of most fans thinking and is the reasoning behind him thinking we "won''t have enough to hold on".

Interesting to see that the Guardian have predicted us to finish 16th though.

[quote user="Sly Dog"]But the txt says the combined opinion of their writers is 16th place so go figure...[/quote]

It''s an average, which I imagine comes from a range of around 15th to 20th - where just about everyone has predicted us to finish.

[quote user="Sly Dog"]

Apologies if this is a re-post.  The video interview is the usual rubbish.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/08/norwich-city-paul-lambert-canaries

[/quote]

---

On the contrary, it is actually a well-reasoned piece from someone who plainly has actually watched us play. In the course of three minutes he makes valid points about how we have added mental strength since our last time in the PL, how we already play with verve, how we now have added pace, how we have added steel in the shape of Johnson, how Hoolahan might be regarded as a luxury in tough away games, how we lack PL experience, and how we still might not be up to mark defensively.

As assessments go I think it''s the best I''ve seen so far and, based on it, rather than sitting on the fence, or just being nice about us, Doyle is brave enough to say he thinks we''ll go down.