Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Exiled From The Canaries But....The Next Best Thing!

Personal circumstances prevent me from getting back to watch our team in the flesh. However, now that we are back in the Premiership I have a decent chance of watching them home and away every week on television. My annual supplemental cost for TV football is about 100 pounds annually. For this I receive two channels that usually televise six live matches each weekend ( as well as weekday games ) in addition to two taped matches. Further, there is usually a game or two covered on ESPN. I would guess there is a very good chance I will see Norwich play each week. Not the same as being there but still a pretty good deal. My 70" Vizio is at the ready. Let the games begin.

As a matter of interest, what are other exiles experiencing around the world in both annual cost and access frequency to games?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Personal circumstances prevent me from getting back to watch our team in the flesh. However, now that we are back in the Premiership I have a decent chance of watching them home and away every week on television. My annual supplemental cost for TV football is about 100 pounds annually. For this I receive two channels that usually televise six live matches each weekend ( as well as weekday games ) in addition to two taped matches. Further, there is usually a game or two covered on ESPN. I would guess there is a very good chance I will see Norwich play each week. Not the same as being there but still a pretty good deal. My 70" Vizio is at the ready. Let the games begin.

As a matter of interest, what are other exiles experiencing around the world in both annual cost and access frequency to games?

[/quote]

Yankee, how could you? You have engendered such feelings of inadequacy[:(] in my 23-inch Philips (which doesn''t work anyway now as it is so aged it isn''t HD  ready or some such nonsense) that I have had to arrange counselling for it....[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Yankee, how could you? You have engendered such feelings of inadequacy[:(] in my 23-inch Philips (which doesn''t work anyway now as it is so aged it isn''t HD  ready or some such nonsense) that I have had to arrange counselling for it....[;)]

[/quote]

Who are you kidding PC?[:@]

We all know that at the appointed kick off time you''re borne from your bedchamber on a bejewelled palanquin to a diamond studded chaise longue where nubile maidens feed you with peeled grapes and unicorn sweetmeats throughout the game.[;)]

We British taxpayers on the other hand.....[8o|]

I have found that we in the States can actually get more Premiership coverage than the UK. With ESPN, ESPN 2, Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus, we get at least 5 matches live each week, and 4 others delayed not more than 3-4 hours. ESPN, ESPN 2 and Fix Soccer is part of my basic cable package and the Sports package, which includes Fox Soccer Plus in addition to several other channels is only $4.95 per month.

Throw in the FoxSoccer.tv subscription for another $16 per month, and you get Lower Leagues, Europe, and every other Live Premiership match not shown Live on the Cable channels. Well worth the $20/month especially as the Wigan match on Saturday won''t be on our regular cable Live (only delayed).

At the moment only Fox Soccer, which is pretty poor at the moment, and have spent the last month watching League ll play off finals etc. Southampton Leeds has been re-run at least 5 times this week as well. Sick of hearing how Swansea''s '' Arsenal/ Barcelona style of football make them favorites to stay up etc. during their Premier season preview shows,

Few weeks when we move away from the Gulf, i''m hopeing to still be able to get Talksport (uk) online followed by haystack FM for Canary call after the match. |

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We all know that at the appointed kick off time you''re borne from your bedchamber on a bejewelled palanquin to a diamond studded chaise longue where nubile maidens feed you with peeled grapes and unicorn sweetmeats throughout the game.[;)]

[/quote]

Beau, you left out the dulcimer-playing Abyssinian maid gently crooning "On the ball, City" but otherwise, as you see, pretty accurate:

A Roman Feast

Of course I am saddened by the now so common politics of envy[;)] evinced by your post. A great many people (mainly accountants[8-|]) worked very hard on my behalf to provide me with the above-depicted lifestyle. And as my heroine, the sadly now not with us Leona Helmsley, always said:

"We don''t pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beau, you left out the dulcimer-playing Abyssinian maid gently crooning "On the ball, City" but otherwise, as you see, pretty accurate:

A Roman Feast

Of course I am saddened by the now so common politics of envy[;)] evinced by your post. A great many people (mainly accountants[8-|]) worked very hard on my behalf to provide me with the above-depicted lifestyle. And as my heroine, the sadly now not with us Leona Helmsley, always said:

"We don''t pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

[/quote]

Best get your hand in your pocket, Beauseant!!! Lol

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Best get your hand in your pocket, Beauseant!!! Lol[/quote]You''ve heard he''s a tricky little ball player too then Leeds? [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1eed5canary"]Best get your hand in your pocket, Beauseant!!! Lol

[/quote]You''ve heard he''s a tricky little ball player too then Leeds? [;)]
[/quote]

But Smudger''s even better. Well, he was twice apparently.[;)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Personal circumstances prevent me from getting back to watch our team in the flesh. However, now that we are back in the Premiership I have a decent chance of watching them home and away every week on television. .

[/quote]

Glad you''re going to get to watch our team play more often Yankee [:)] Enjoy

I''m from Australia with no pay TV so I have been really limited watching Norwich for the last couple of years. So excited to be able to watch games on a regular basis by streaming- gonna have a lot of late nights/early mornings this year.

Downunder we get Foxtel - about $70 per month with the sports package and IQ (Sky+), due to time difference maybe a case of record and watch delayed.

Last season there was loads of Premiership games on, Yet to see how many City games they will show,with the internet and streaming as well should be packed with fun....... will be a season of wife management (Happy wife happy life!)

Really looking forward to the new season here in Norway.

The coverage over here is insane, and every single Norwich match is broadcasted live in HD..

Every single prem match will be shown live in HD no matter how many matches play at the same time..

What a treat.

Tore, if you see this, I''m curious as to whether you have to pay an additional cost in Norway for that kind of service ( if so how much? ) or is it part of your basic package?

Out here in Singapore, we get a choice of every game played in HD. They love it outhere and for 15 pound a month i get to see every city game. going back to norwich at xmas to see family and i really want to get a couple of tickets for me and the mrs. she''s from chicago, so would love to show her how it is at the fortress!!!!

enjoy the season, its going to be a lot of fun, and maybe people in singapore might know what shirt i am wearing when i have the yellow and green on!!!

YC here in the Philippines we usually get at least 3 live PL games on the weekend, sometimes midweek games as well. There are also highlights of all games shown from Sunday onwards. This is part of the cable package of about 70-80 channels which costs 15 pounds a month. The Canaries will probably not be shown many times during the season.

Hey YankeeCanary!

It is an additional cost..About 30 dollars per month.

No premier league games are screened on standard (free) packages her in Norway.

I can''t believe I''ve done this but I''ve booked a naughty weekend away with a very hot chick here in Thailand and completely forgot that the footie starts.

Now a dilemma. Cancel the chick or miss the game?? Who''s most likely to score the most, City or me?? Doh!!

South Korea -

5 games shown live a weekend

part of standard cable - 20mb broadband and 70 channels - £15 / month

[quote user="yellow hammer"]I can''t believe I''ve done this but I''ve booked a naughty weekend away with a very hot chick here in Thailand and completely forgot that the footie starts. Now a dilemma. Cancel the chick or miss the game?? Who''s most likely to score the most, City or me?? Doh!![/quote]

Regardless of your choice, Yellow Hammer, it sounds like the feathers will be flying.