Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

Will Wigan still be on?

Think it''ll depend on what its like in that area snakepit. Travelling shouldn''t be a problem but if theres unrest or trouble around that area, then its a good possibility.

Lets hope it goes ahead tho! OTBC

There''s a joint PL & FL statement to be made about the weekends game very soon. Probably a wait and see what it is like after Wednesday night.

Greater Manchester Police say a Wigan man has been arrested on suspicion of using social media to incite violence

don''t think all of them are busy eating pies!

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]Greater Manchester Police say a Wigan man has been arrested on suspicion of using social media to incite violence

don''t think all of them are busy eating pies![/quote]Bloody hell...one Wigan man involved in a riot...better call it off just in case [:D]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Wigan is the only place in the country where a riot would actually improve it![/quote]Errrr...what about 1p5wich

"At the moment", may be the appropriate statement mate. It will spread, but just where and when we don''t know.

Now let me throw cat among pigeons, so to speak...

If its the only game played and we win! Then riots all over the place and season cancelled. Will we be premier league winners and so be in champions league?

I better add... Tongue firmly in cheek!

It has started to kick off quite badly in Manchester tonight - if this carries on all week there may be a case for them needing extra police from the neighbouring forces, which could affect our game.

However, I think this is a long shot - hopefully this scumbags will be stopped soon.

Ive heard theirs some localised rioting in Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds so it looks like it can trickle down to the smaller towns. i doubt Norwich will be effected but Wigan i would think is a possiblilty

I used to live and work in the North West - my eldest son was born there. Although I''m a fervent Norwich supporter, my second team is without doubt Manchester Utd and I went to several football games up there with friends and colleagues. I therefore know the basics from a geographical, business, social and football point of view.

These days I also have business contacts within Lancashire, Cheshire, Merseyside & Greater Manchester Police forces - so I have an awareness of some of the issues they handle.

Regarding Norfolk people''s interest in Lancashire this coming weekend I''d simply say ''look at the map''; Wigan is right between Liverpool & Manchester. Should anything kick off between those two cities, it could be dire in that area. Skelmersdale & Ormskirk are just down the road from Wigan - two of the most notorious crime spots at the best of times! Joey Barton would be deemed a Saint around there.

I sincerely hope rioting doesn''t spread any further - although it doesn''t look great at the moment does it?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

I used to live and work in the North West - my eldest son was born there. Although I''m a fervent Norwich supporter, my second team is without doubt Manchester Utd and I went to several football games up there with friends and colleagues. I therefore know the basics from a geographical, business, social and football point of view.

These days I also have business contacts within Lancashire, Cheshire, Merseyside & Greater Manchester Police forces - so I have an awareness of some of the issues they handle.

Regarding Norfolk people''s interest in Lancashire this coming weekend I''d simply say ''look at the map''; Wigan is right between Liverpool & Manchester. Should anything kick off between those two cities, it could be dire in that area. Skelmersdale & Ormskirk are just down the road from Wigan - two of the most notorious crime spots at the best of times! Joey Barton would be deemed a Saint around there.

I sincerely hope rioting doesn''t spread any further - although it doesn''t look great at the moment does it?

[/quote]No, give it another 350 years and it may spread to Brundall!!! [:D]

I''ve got a feeling there could be a few games off this weekend if these riots continue around the Manchester, London and Midland areas.

Bristol City game was called off tonight because of trouble in Bristol.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve got a feeling there could be a few games off this weekend if these riots continue around the Manchester, London and Midland areas.

Bristol City game was called off tonight because of trouble in Bristol.

[/quote]

Yet the 2 Nottingham teams played a local derby...

"It has started to kick off quite badly in Manchester tonight - if this carries on all week there may be a case for them needing extra police from the neighbouring forces, which could affect our game."

it`s the same force, wigan is part of greater manchester.

i would very much doubt that the game will be called off, unless things escalate... big time!.

[quote user="JJ"]Ive heard theirs some localised rioting in Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds so it looks like it can trickle down to the smaller towns. i doubt Norwich will be effected but Wigan i would think is a possiblilty[/quote]

Bury St Edmunds! Now there''s a place to avoid. I once had the misfortune of a detour through that village to avoid traffic on the A140. I reckon I did well to get out in one piece. As we drove through our car was pelted with all kinds of missiles. Flying turnips, swedes, apples and as we approached the built up areas the gap toothed yokels were up trees and bedroom windows firing stones at us with catapults. I since learned that all the local yokel Billybob''s and Bobbyjo''s call themselves after colours. Here below are Bury Red and Bury Blue.

Legend tells of an occasion where one of the Club Canary coaches was hijacked in Bury after taking a detour on the way to the portaloo. Fans ran for their lives and those who got away told frightening tales of  incestuous behaviour of the villagers who kept them captive. The coach was found years later on a Suffolk farm. The simple farmhands were using it to store cabbages. The coach was strangely No. 13. That was certainly "unlucky for some"! To this day Bus 13 is never used by Club Canary.

Rioting in Bury St Edmunds??? They wouldn''t dare!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="JJ"]Ive heard theirs some localised rioting in Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds so it looks like it can trickle down to the smaller towns. i doubt Norwich will be effected but Wigan i would think is a possiblilty[/quote]

Bury St Edmunds! Now there''s a place to avoid. I once had the misfortune of a detour through that village to avoid traffic on the A140. I reckon I did well to get out in one piece. As we drove through our car was pelted with all kinds of missiles. Flying turnips, swedes, apples and as we approached the built up areas the gap toothed yokels were up trees and bedroom windows firing stones at us with catapults. I since learned that all the local yokel Billybob''s and Bobbyjo''s call themselves after colours. Here below are Bury Red and Bury Blue.

Legend tells of an occasion where one of the Club Canary coaches was hijacked in Bury after taking a detour on the way to the portaloo. Fans ran for their lives and those who got away told frightening tales of  incestuous behaviour of the villagers who kept them captive. The coach was found years later on a Suffolk farm. The simple farmhands were using it to store cabbages. The coach was strangely No. 13. That was certainly "unlucky for some"! To this day Bus 13 is never used by Club Canary.

Rioting in Bury St Edmunds??? They wouldn''t dare!

[/quote]

[:$]

OTBC

Purely from a logistical point, within the next few hours, there isn''t going to be anything left to nick or burn down, so rioting will die out surely?

Wouldn''t all the scum want to go ''home'' and watch their new TV''s and play on their new game consoles?

Loved the Community clean up squads shown on the news last night with all their Brooms and Brushes etc, sticking two fingers up to the *rseholes, and not letting them feel they rule the roost.

Rain is forecast in the North West for the next 4 to 5 days, that should be enough to keep the low life off the streets.