Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Early kick-offs rumoured due to riots

Listening to the debate, this appears to be a solution in London, however Tottenham v Everton is definitely postponed.

So it is possible that the Wiagn game could start early..... confirmation will be at 4pm today 

I think there is justification not to start at match at 17:30, but with all 15:00 games over by 17:00 I don''t see an issue.  This is still over 3 hours before sunset, and Monday night aside when it all kicked off in Hackney mid-afternoon everything else has been after dark.

Football League have announced that all games in London will go ahead as planned this weekend, so should imagine all other games will be fine too.

The plan to move them earlier would be to reduce the "category" this games come under and thus reduce the amount of Police needed. Not so much a worry about rioters but give less people time in the pubs and then less police will be needed at the games - as few as 12 in some cases.

[quote user="paul moy"]

Listening to the debate, this appears to be a solution in London, however Tottenham v Everton is definitely postponed.

So it is possible that the Wiagn game could start early..... confirmation will be at 4pm today 

[/quote]

Tottenham game is definitely on as are all London matches, confirmed by the FA on todays news before you posted this Mr Moy.

There have been absolutely no problems, not so much as a pushed over wheely bin in Wigan so the kick off time will not be affected.

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Tottenham game is definitely on as are all London matches, confirmed by the FA on todays news before you posted this Mr Moy.

There have been absolutely no problems, not so much as a pushed over wheely bin in Wigan so the kick off time will not be affected.

[/quote]Okaaaaaay....

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Tottenham game is definitely on as are all London matches[/quote]

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14485169.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14485169.stm[/url]

As I understood it, it''s only the other two Prem games in London that are at risk of having their kick-offs moved.

so not actually any rumour, nor any evidence of one from the op

merely more scaremongering and misinformation spreading

ps while we are on misinformation, rumours and conjured up old tosh we will be signing another defender soon (before Aug 31st)

[quote user="City1st"]so not actually any rumour, nor any evidence of one from the op merely more scaremongering and misinformation spreading ps while we are on misinformation, rumours and conjured up old tosh we will be signing another defender soon (before Aug 31st)[/quote]

Scroll down to 13:39

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/9561494.stm

[quote user="City1st"]so not actually any rumour, nor any evidence of one from the op merely more scaremongering and misinformation spreading ps while we are on misinformation, rumours and conjured up old tosh we will be signing another defender soon (before Aug 31st)[/quote]

Why do you have to slag everyone off when most of the time you are the one that is wrong.

Radio 5 and Mr Cameron both suggested that a solution maybe to kick off early in all games rather than postpone them. As it is sky have a breaking story that the premier league have agreed all 9 other games on saturday will go ahead as planned.

Let me know if you still think the op was making it up and I will find a link somewhere and maybe we can have a £500 bet for charity about who is right ?

[quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okaaaaaay....
[/quote]

Check the news, Tottenham game is on. A few little scrotes in hoodies aren''t enough to stop the football. And I believe there is Youtube footage somewhere of Chelsea fans working in tandem with Millwall fans to break up rioters. The moral being opponents will unite when faced with an outside threat!

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okaaaaaay....
[/quote]

Check the news, Tottenham game is on. A few little scrotes in hoodies aren''t enough to stop the football. And I believe there is Youtube footage somewhere of Chelsea fans working in tandem with Millwall fans to break up rioters. The moral being opponents will unite when faced with an outside threat!

[/quote]

Well it must have changed then, because this morning the game was certainly off. Sky Sports News even did interviews with Michael Dawson of Tottenham and Phil Neville of Everton who both said they were gutted the game was called off, but the safety of the fans come first.

...also just to add, apparently it wasn''t called of due to the threat of riots, but that existing damage around the ground could not be cleaned up and repaired in time, so the area is believed to be unsafe.

What are you lot on. The spuds game is definately off, as is the Cheltenham game.

All other games as it stands as at 17.15 are on.

"Let me know if you still think the op was making it up and I will find a link somewhere and maybe we can have a £500 bet for charity about who is right ?"

here''s a suggestion, actually read what I wrote

note the words ''what I wrote'', as "nor any evidence of one from the op" and then show me in the op where any evidence was put up

I sure there is a fair degree of debate about bringing back capital punishment - that doesn''t mean there is a rumour that it is going to happen

as to being right perhaps you could tell us all whether the games have been made into early kickoffs, or not

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Okaaaaaay....[/quote]

[/quote]............[:S] It has been postponed. Simple as that.